Free cancellation until 26/07
US$317
US$245
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$325/night.

Free cancellation until 25/07
US$272
US$254
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$290/night.

US$218
US$199
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$285/night.

Free cancellation until 24/07
US$181
US$163
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$239/night.

US$177
US$150
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$214/night.

US$240
US$196
Savings alert! 45% below average rates

The price you found is 45% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$354/night.

US$196
US$155
Savings alert! 55% below average rates

The price you found is 55% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$348/night.

US$326
US$267
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$332/night.

Free cancellation until 29/07
US$269
US$178
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$294/night.

US$232
US$209
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$297/night.

All reviewscommon roomyogurtcommon areasexcellent locationfree wifitowelsdowntownpillows
Reviewed 5 May 2007

I love Toronto and have been trying to find economical alternatives to hotels since I began going there. Ryerson was NOT all i expected - small room with a regular bed, pullout, desk, closet-type unit, dresser, tv, bath, phone, but everything was so tightly packed into the room that when the pullout was out there was really no walking or standing room. Items weren't new but decent. Bath tub/shower needed unclogging (water gathered when i showered), but this is a dorm type facility that maintenance probably hadn't gotten around to yet, but it was a great deal. Hated the fact that there was no pool and only 1 computer in the lobby. Food was decent. Safe deposit box at desk came in handy. The location makes up for everything though. We walked to eaton, subway, buses, etc. It's at the heart of everything. Bad side...not close to beach and you have to pay fee to use the campus pool/rec center.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank SONJANITA M
Reviewed 26 February 2005

I've stayed at this hotel every summer for 3 years, and have already made reservations to return this coming July. I've read the other reviews and feel it has to be pointed out, the rooms cost around $100 a night, high-season downtown Toronto.

While other hotels just blocks away are charging over $200 even over $300 for their rooms, this place is a great deal!

You can't expexct the world for $100, but if you shop around, and compare prices, you'll see this place has them beat! The hotel is entirely run by students who are training to work in the hotel industry, so you have to expect a little roughness around the edges.

The bottom line is this hotel is VERY inexpensive, the rooms are very modest but include the essentials (bed, telephone, cable TV, private washroom, alarm radio, air conditioning) and is a great outlet for new students to enter the hotel industry. At $100 a night, you can't expect the Four Seasons, and at the same time, these kids to a better job than many Ramada's and Howard Johnson's I've stayed at in my time. If you're ona budget, this is the place!

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Victoria BC
Reviewed 23 February 2005

My daughter stayed at Ryerson for the month of July - she was part of the National Ballet Summer School Program which uses Ryerson as their housing. When I went for a visit my daughter complained they would not give her a plug for her bathtub. As she was dancing everyday she wanted to soak in the tub. When I went to the lobby to ask for a plug they said due risk of students committing suicide they could not allow the rooms to have plugs. Give me a break, if someone wanted to hurt themselves they could think of other ways than a tub. I was very upset with this rule, talked to many people at Ryerson but they would not allow a plug under any circumstances. When I went to the store and bought my daughter a plug, the cleaning staff took it away. Come on Ryerson, if you are advertising tubs in rooms then let the guests use the tubs!!!

• Stayed: January 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 February 2005

This place is amateurish in every way. The front desk had no change for a dollar. The clerk told me they accepted American dollars for payment, then when I checked out they said they didn't. It took them an hour to scrounge up an ironing board, and I carried it back to the lobby myself because they seemed so incompetent by that point I figured they'd lose it and then try to charge me for it. Not worth the hassle.

4  Thank Globespotter
Liverpool, NY
Reviewed 12 February 2005

This student residence used to be the Hotel Ibis, and therefore its rooms are actual hotel rooms.

Queen size beds, pull-out sofa, desk, cable TV, closet, full bathroom which is actually quite large.

I stay here during the summer, often during Gay Pride week and its proximity to the village is great! Furthermore, the price can't be beat! I can usually stay at or around $100. In June, July and August in downtown Toronto you can't beat that price!

The rooms are clean, the entire staff are Ryerson University students and they are all very friendly. Can walk to the Eaton Centre in 5 minutes, there is a 24hr Dominion Grocery Store across the street and indoor parking just beneath the hotel.

No cinder block walls indicative of student residences anywhere in sight! Just a great find and an even better deal!

15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member