“Great zoo”

Ranked #50 of 536 things to do in Toronto
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Toronto Zoo is a living centre for education and science, committed to providing compelling guest experiences and inspiring passion to protect wildlife and habitats. Did you know that your admission into Canada's premier Zoo helps support the over 5,000 animals? In addition to having award-winning outdoor and indoor exhibits, education programs, special events, daily Keeper Talks and the Discovery Zone*, the Toronto Zoo is home to Canada's only giant pandas! Don't forget to visit with Da Mao, Er Shun and her dynamic cubs-Jia Panpan and Jia Yeuyeu-before they depart March 2018. NEW at the Toronto Zoo, visitors can now see our state-of the-art Wildlife Health Centre*. This new facility is the first of its kind in Canada and further enhances the Toronto Zoo as a centre of excellence in high-quality animal care through veterinary and reproductive sciences, nutritional physiology, and conservation and wildlife research.Exclusive to our Zoomobile tour, you can now see first-hand a glimpse into the work we do behind-the-scenes. Your Zoomobile ride-all-day wristband* or Membership Card gives you access to a viewing gallery featuring the following rooms: Diagnostic Imaging, Treatment, Surgery, Clinical Lab and Endocrinology Lab. *not included in Zoo Admission, additional fee applies. To help plan your day please visit our website and we look forward to seeing you very soon! *Seasonal schedules apply. Special events subject to change without notice.
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The Toronto Zoo was better than I expected and I liked that most of the enclosures were fairly spacious. My favourites were the pandas and the white lions; I enjoyed the walk around the park.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,288)
All reviews
in 37 reviews
"membership"
in 103 reviews

Reviewed 18 November 2013

My wife and I went to the Zoo last sunday and although there were a lot of animals missing, it was a lot of fun. I am always up for a Zoo or a Aquarium so I was not unhappy at all. We still got to the see the pandas, cheetahs, polar bear and the monkeys. The monkeys are always the funniest ones to see.
If you do have some time off in Toronto, it is a must see but be prepared to drive a little. It is about 25 kms from the city centre.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I love the toronto zoo. The price is fair, and definitely a better value than most of the local attractions like the ripleys aquarium for example.

The zoo is huge, its clean, there is ample parking and lots to see. Its a great place to take the family, bring a date or just get to know your shiny new dslr better. There is something for everyone so don't sell yourself short - make sure you plan to spend a whole day.

Some of the animals I like to see and photograph at the zoo include:

Tigers
White Lions
Panda's
Cheetah's
Jaguars

Tips:
Even if it isn't sunny pack sunscreen
Wear comfortable shoes - ladies theres nothing sexy about aching feet so heels won't work
Bring a telephoto lens if you have one and shoot with the widest aperture you can
If you like slushies get one of the refillable slushy souvenir cups..refills are much cheaper and you get a cool keepsake
if you love it consider an annual pass...offers a great value if you make a few trips to the zoo per year

please give me a helpful vote if this review was helpful or if you like my attached photos from the zoo

3  Thank Leith K
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We had a really nice visit at this zoo. We went on a really hot day and all the animals were as over heated as we were. Some of the pens have little to no shade when it is hot the animals need a place to get away from the heat. We saw the ray area, it smelt terrible not like others we have visited in the past.