“One of my favorite places in Toronto”
Review of Osgoode Hall

Osgoode Hall
Ranked #137 of 508 things to do in Toronto
More attraction details
Owner description: At Osgoode Hall Restaurant, we emphasize the connection between the natural food from our land, the farmers that nourish and harvest it, and-ultimately-the people who enjoy it. Unpretentious, welcoming and accessible, our "farm-to-table" cuisine lets you experience spectacular seasonal ingredients, sourced locally from within 100km whenever possible. Our ultimate goal? To create a memorable and unique dining experience-for you and for each one of our guests.
vampie
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“One of my favorite places in Toronto”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Growing up in downtown Toronto, I used to pass by the beautiful building and its grounds. I never stepped inside thinking I was not permitted. Recently I became a lawyer and finally went in the building, including the magnificent library and the gorgeous courtrooms. I also volunteered with Doors Open and provided information to visitors which itself was a wonderful experience because I was able to learn much more about the building`s history as well as share knowledge about it and the law in general with visitors.

I would definitely recommend a visit to Osgoode Hall, particularly during Doors Open. If you do go during Doors Open, give yourself time to explore and show up early as it seems to be a popular destination.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank vampie

112 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 158 helpful votes
“Old and still in fashion”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Beautiful old building and a great front lawn to take photos of if you are getting married.
You don't need to be a lawyer to get inside. Easy access by subway and parking at City Hall is most likely the cheapest option is you drive. The gates do get closed in the evenings so it's a daytime look see.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank PeterBruceG
New York, New York, United States
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Beautiful building”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

during my visit to Toronto, the city was doing a weekend promotion that allowed me to enter the Osgoode Hall free of charge and self-tour. the building is beautiful, both inside and outside. I loved the rotunda and old dining hall. the library was also gorgeous. I would love to visit when the dining hall is actually open during the weekday so i could eat there.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank yumm2011
112 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“A hidden Gem in the city”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Has rich history and worth a visit to Osgood Hall at the corner of Queen Street and University Avenue.

1 Thank denisf255
80 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“In the legal swing of things”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Open Doors Toronto is a delight not just for the price (it's free) but also for access. For this event Osgoode is manned by law students and other volunteers sporting T shirts which mimic courtroom guard. Beautiful blend of history and architecture in a purpose built facility. Watch out for the Victorian windows on the south face.

Visited May 2013