“WARNING TO PEOPLE USING PARKING GARAGE”

Ranked #100 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Got the Groupon stay and park package. Room was very comfortable, clean and big - no complaints there.

But upon returning from vacation to pick up our car you can imagine our extreme disappointment to find that our car had been stolen from the garage at some point during the week we were gone. Of course there are signs in the garage warning you that the hotel is not responsible for theft or damage and I take no issue with that policy. But if you are considering leaving your car here while you are away, I feel it's only fair to warn you that this is NOT a secured garage and lot. There are no gates or attendants and I believe there is only one camera at the entrance/exit to the garage. Also, the police officer who came to follow up on the reported theft told my husband that there is definitely a high rate of car theft in this area - he said the area is like a shopping centre for thieves and that we should probably not get our hopes up that we'll ever get the car back.

I'd also like to warn you to be prepared for the possibility that the front desk staff will be less than helpful or sympathetic. Again, I realize that it is not ultimately the hotel's problem that our car was stolen but the two people who were working the desk when we discovered the car gone did not seem interested at all in helping us. At first the woman told us that she would call the police to report the car stolen from their lot and gave my husband a form to fill out. He did that while he tried to get in touch with the insurance company. When I returned to the desk with the completed form, she told me that she had not called the police, would not call the police and that it was up to us to do so. She said she had given my husband the number - she had not. We finally got the number from her and from that point on we were ignored by both desk clerks. A complete failure of customer service. Even if I didn't need to park a car, I'd never stay here again. Frankly, I'll be avoiding Quality Suites/Inns completely in the future based solely on the apathy we were shown.

And lest you think that you are safe because you don't have a fancy new car - our car was a 13 year old rust bucket so please just think twice about whether or not you want to keep your car here while you're away.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TheZiz
TonyS S, General Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

I am deeply saddened to hear of your experience at our hotel and have sent you a message with my office phone number as well as my private cell phone number. I take these comments very seriously and look forward to getting the bottom of this. Thank you for communicating this with us and I look forward to proving our best.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed here for one night prior to our flight. We had purchased a Groupon and after reading some of the previous posts I was a bit apprehensive. We were pleased with the accommodations The room was large and clean. We even checked the beds when we arrived. Everything was very clean, lots of towels, a mini fridge and 2 TVs. There were several restaurants within walking distance as well as one right at the hotel. We took advantage of the parking while away and were again pleased with the transportation to and from the airport. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank t-sharp
TonyS S, General Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for your great review of our hotel. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I had a groupon deal for a stay n park package $75 for a night in hotel with up to 15 days parking, this is a fabulous deal! Our car is parked in a garage, secured for the time we are gone better then open a parking lots! Our room is a king suite consisting of a living room with table and chairs, couch, tv and sink area with microwave small fridge and a bedroom with TV. It is very clean, a little outdated in decorations but it is clean and comfortable and is a very good deal for the money. I just wish there was a pool, that is the only downfall.
Overall it is a very good deal and I would book it again!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dodgemom32
TonyS S, General Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

The Quality Suites Toronto Airport appreciates you taking the time to review our property. We are pleased to know our location, friendly service and cleanliness met all your expectations. We hope for the opportunity to welcome you back to the Quality Suites Toronto Airport hotel.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The suite room is very comfortable. Although the location is near airport, you will not feel any noise of airplanes. One can take bus 58, just at the street corner, go to downtown or airport. There is a restraunt in the first floor, one can have breakfast there (CAD6.99+tax). We stayed there two nights, & spent pleasant time.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DLM5601

The Quality Suites Toronto Airport is very excited to receive your comments and would like to thank you from all of us!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Great location very close to airport stayed 1 night, flew out next morning. Very clean and spacious room, only issue was elevator were very slow some people did get stuck a few times. Shuttle bus runs every 30 mins from hotel to terminal 1 and terminal 3. Pick up location at terminal 3 post C22.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Courtney T

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your patience as all of our elevators are working great now and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed at the Quality Suites on 3 occasions now. The price for 4 adults was fair, they have a separate bedroom with a king size bed, and in the other room there is a double bed with a pull out couch.The hotel is very nice and clean. There is a shuttle that leaves every 1/2 hours and takes you right to your terminal at the airport. When returning they are there to pick you up in the S section and takes you back to the hotel. We will return to this same hotel everytime we fly out of Pearson Airport.

Room Tip: I like the front of the building to watch the airplanes take off and land.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Brad F

Thank you for your great review of the Quality Suites Toronto Airport. We are glad you were able to take advantage of some of the amenities we have to offer such as Stop Over Packages, Complimentary Shuttle and our covered parking lot.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed at the hotel on April 24th.

Firstly, the deadbolt lock would not lock. So we put the safety latch on the top of the door. Over the night someone attempted to open our door. The safety latch was shifted from its original position. I advised the front desk about this and they stated the General Manager was busy and will not be able to speak to me. The supervisor at the front desk advised they will have security check the cameras and the general manager would contact me. It has been over 3 weeks and the manager has not called or emailed me about this. This concerns me because if that safety latch was not in place then someone would have been walking around in my room while I was sleeping. I am very upset that the hotel staff has not taken this issue seriously.

I had advised the front desk that I was staying there as I was flying out in the morning, I won't have access to email or my phone during my stay. I just got back and I am very upset at the fact the Hotel Manager has not taken this issue seriously.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Although we never enjoy hearing that one of our guests had a less than perfect stay, we feel that comments such as yours allow us to assess where we have opportunities to make improvements. Thank you for communicating with us your stay and we look forward to seeing you again.

Quality Suites Toronto Airport

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport/Dixon Road
Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport
Comfort Inn Toronto Airport
#19 of 60 in Mississauga
Courtyard Toronto Airport
Courtyard Toronto Airport
#73 of 137 in Toronto
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport

Been to Quality Suites Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!