“Human Resource” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #95 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Ottawa, Canada
“Human Resource”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed here for one night before I made my way back to Ottawa. I was happy with the service at the hotel . I was extremely pleased by one of the girl that works at human resource. Next day I was checking out in the afternoon. I was struggling to take out my luggage out of the elevator, couple of people just walked by instead of helping. This one girl came and helped me out with my luggage. she also went out of her way to help me with all the question I had about the city & the highways also the tourist attraction sites. while talking to her I found out that she work at human resource at the hotel. I think the name was harpeet. Great service from her.

The room were great and the service was great. I would definitely recommend this hotel to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the hallway are quieter
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Moe R, General Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
The Quality Suites Toronto Airport is very excited to receive your comments and would like to thank you from all of us & Harprit!

Quality Suites Toronto Airport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Polish first
Cayuga, ontario Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed for one night at the Quality Suites, Toronto Airport. The suite was quite big and well appointed. The bedroom had a king sized bed which was so comfortable! There were privacy doors between the living area and the bedroom. Access to the bathroom was from both the bedroom and the living area. The room was clean and had everything we needed. There were some stains on the carpet but you could tell it had been cleaned - just a stain left behind...looked like red wine. The living area was nice with a couch, TV, chair, desk and a small kitchenette - sink, microwave, small fridge, toaster, plates, cutlery, cups etc.
We booked through Groupon and parking was included. Breakfast was not, but we did have breakfast at the onsite restaurant. The breakfast buffet looked a bit 'tired' so we ordered off the menu and it was good. The restaurant could use a good cleaning and updating. I'm sure in the evening it is ok as it's dark but in the light of day - a good scrubbing and a coat of paint would go far, as well as some new vinyl on some of the booths.
We went to a show in Toronto and got back to the hotel around midnight, just as 3 busloads of people were arriving. There were 3 elevators in the hotel but only 2 were operational. It would have been helpful if all three were working as there was quite a long line up for the elevators. Overall though, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and I have forwarded your restaurant comments to the Restaurant Manager to review. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Rochester, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We booked this hotel on Priceline.com, and called the day before to let them know that we needed two double beds in a non-smoking room. The reservationist told us all the double-beds and non-smoking rooms were sold out, and that all they could give us is a king size bed in a smoking room. I would have canceled the reservation, but Priceline.com is non-refundable. I asked to speak to the manager, but he wasn't going to be in until the next day - the day of our arrival. According to the reservationist since there was nothing she could do, since her computer doesn't allow her to change existing reservations. When I spoke with the manager, he only agreed to give us a non-smoking room when I told him I had asthma, but he still said that he didn't have any double-bed rooms. So my friend and I took turns sleeping on the couch.

Checking in was also fairly unpleasant. First, the manager failed to change it to a non-smoking room after saying he would. The receptionist called the manager, and they did give us the non-smoking room, but not after she said that we are only Hotwire customers. I corrected her saying that we are Priceline customers. She said "same thing."

Other problems: Breakfast is not included. The air conditioning went on and off throughout the entire building's rooms, although the hallways remained fully air conditioned. "They're working on it - just open the window.' They also charged us $15 a day for parking, even though we were nowhere near downtown Toronto. Also, there was no swimming pool at this supposedly three star hotel with hundreds of rooms. The hotel bar and restaurant closes at 10 PM. The fitness room, however, was ok.

Not a very pleasant experience!

Room Tip: Don't expect too much.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Doug F
Moe R, General Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
We are very sorry to read about your experience at our hotel. First and foremost, there is never an excuse. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and we look forward to proving our best.

Saskatchewan, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed here one night between flights and were extremely pleased. the shuttle was there shortly after landing and in the morning it was there as promised. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room quite large with a separate sitting area. The room was very clean. A GREAT value for the money.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your patronage and for taking the time to review our property. It sounds as if you had a very enjoyable stay!

Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for just 1 night as we wanted to stay close to the airport due to an early flight. I was worried as many reviews were quite bad. We got a very specious room and it was in good condition and very clean. It was excellent value.
The restaurant was closed that night. There was no milk for coffee. That wasn't an issue for us as we don't drink hotel coffee. The little shop didn't have much.
I caught the shuttle bus in the evening after I returned the rental car. I only waited for a few minutes. I caught again in the morning. It ran according to schedule.

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your candor and honesty in your review of your stay with us. It appears we are doing some things well, and your comments will help us improve in other areas. We hope to see you again when travelling in our neighbourhood.

Sudbury, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Our family have stayed at this hotel many times. On the previous occasions we were very pleased. However, since the last time we stayed, the hotel seems to have gone way down hill. This time, the carpet in our room, and especially the carpet in the hallway, was filthy. It is so bad they really need to shut down the hotel, floor by floor, and have a professional cleaning company come in to steam clean the whole place. I am not an overly picky person, but there were huge dark stains everywhere. It looked like people had poured cups of coffee all over the place and the hotel just left it there. This was not one day's mess! I presume it would take weeks of mismanagement to create that much grunge. It was just terrible. When I told the front desk they said, "we'll vacuum it", seemingly oblivious to just how filthy the place is, no vacuum can fix that mess. Second, people were running around and screaming and yelling for HOURS. Finally at 2:00 a.m. I phoned the front desk but never did see security arrive. Maybe they did after I fell asleep. Third, the middle elevator, filled with people, got stuck on the 11th floor. Nobody could get off the elevator since the doors would not open. It was about 5 minutes before one of the passengers figured out how to pry them open. It was unsafe and very upsetting to some of the passengers. When I told the front desk, they said, "maybe there were too many people inside". Like, blame the passengers for a broken elevator! The fact is, the desk clerk had no idea how many people were locked in the elevator because she was not there. Fourth, the restaurant was adequate but the quality of food preparation wasn't great, some of ther food was way too salty and there was little variety in the buffet. The wait staff were nice though. Also, our air conditioner was fine, but another guest in a nearby room was given two different rooms, both with broken air conditioners. When I complained to the hotel staff about the problems they never offered any type of compensation. Just "sorry".

Room Tip: 1. Before you pay, make sure the air conditioner works and the room and corridors are suitably clea...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Picha2
We are sorry to hear that elements of your stay fell short of expectations. We assure you that each of the issues raised will be explored and resolved.

Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

We are currently staying at this hotel since July 28. We paid for our one week parking and didn't have any issues until today. We got a parking ticket for our two cars. So, I went to the front desk and asked why we got tickets. The duty or front desk manager (I didn't get his name I was just amazed by how he handled my complain- kinda rude-no costumer service at all) says in an unprofessional tone:"where did you park?" Showed him where we were parked and started heated argument with us. He's telling us like he couldn't do anything, it's our fault, blah blah and claiming whenever they check in guests that they inform where to park. One thing is for sure: THEY DID NOT TELL US anything about where to park. This will be an issue and has to be rectified before we check out. The situation was handled unprofessionally with one of the hotel's managers. We will see what happens.

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
1 Thank GretchenMay768
we would like to offer our sincere apologies with not meeting your full satisfaction. When these rare situations occur we try and make sure we retrain our staff in order to regain the confidence of our guests. Please accept our sincere apologies and we will work on making sure this doesn’t happen again.

Quality Suites Toronto Airport
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport/Dixon Road
Courtyard Toronto Airport
Courtyard Toronto Airport
#65 of 132 in Toronto
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Toronto Airport Carlingview Hotel

Been to Quality Suites Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!