“Beautiful new rooms”

Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites
Ranked #74 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I recently stayed at the Toronto Don Valley Hotel and Suites for my best friends wedding. The wedding party had booked their rooms there so I decided it would be most convenient. When I arrived, the lobby was bright and refreshing and when I entered my newly renovated room, I was blown away by how it compared to some of the Westin's I have stayed at in the past. It was very spacious and bright and had a cozy king sized bed. In the morning, I had breakfast at the buffet, it was delicious, everything I needed to start my day off right. I spent a few hours at the pool in the early afternoon with some friends and it was like being at a tropical resort, the pool was clean, the lounge chairs were neatly arranged. It was the perfect way to cap off a busy weekend. Thank you so much for a fabulous stay!!

Room Tip: The newly renovated rooms are amazing,very crisp and clean decor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
kevipor, General Manager at Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Dear Krislov,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for the all the positive feedback! I am glad to hear that you had a great experience and enjoyed your time while visiting for your friends wedding.
We look forward to having you stay with us again.

There are newer reviews for Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites

Reviewed 27 August 2012

I love this hotel. I always call them direct rather than booking through a service and they will give me the best deals, and will arrange a full buffet breakfast included. The pool is warm for the kids and the concierge is more than approachable for any issue. We have stayed here numerous times and have done so annually. One of our kids lost a white fox webkin in the laundry (it was in the bed) and the manager "found it" and mailed it to our home....how sweet is that? I've eaten dinner with the kids at the restaurant, as well, they were OK with me taking a glass of wine up to my room for after our swim and sauna. I wasn't big on the $30 room service pizza that was terrible and advertised for $8.... that was my only bad experience. The location is near shops of Don Mills and the Science Centre, and a direct bus to the downtown core for subways anywhere.....love this place.

Room Tip: The double rooms overlooking the domed pool are quiet, but not a view of the city. I don;t like the...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for sharing your positive experience with us. I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time with us.
We just recently revamped our DV bar | bistro menu and have a whole new pizza menu I am sure you and your family will love!
If you are booking directly I highly recommend that you become an iprefer member (if you are not already) as you receive instantaneous benefits such as compliment upgrades, amenity and many more.
Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or would like more information at sdeocampo@torontopreferredhotel.com

Reviewed 26 August 2012

We recently hosted a function at the Don Valley Hotel Toronto, we were pleasantly surprised with the hotels renovations and great service

The hotel was extremely helpful during the planning of the event and made it very easy for us.
Our function was at the ballroom. Food was great! Service was above and beyond! We all had very positive feedback and our event was successful

We stayed overnight and took 2 rooms overlooking their outdoor swimming pool. The newly renovated rooms were very nice and we had a chance to swim at their indoor domed swimming pool

If you are planning an event in Toronto and dont want to pay high downtown prices, the Don Valley Hotel is a great option!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear richardY,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for the positive feedback! I will be sure to let my team know how great of a job they did.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

Hotel used to be a crowne plaza. It has had some recent renovations, but the room I stayed in was not clean. I asked to be changed to another room. The executive floor is nicer. Overall, after one night I changed hotels. After a discussion with the manager I recieved a full discount. There is a Weston a little further north that is more expensive but much more comfortable. Remind me to never stay at non chain hotels.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear simyoo,

We appreciate your honesty and feedback. I am disappointed to hear that your stay with us was less than perfect. We have now completed the first phase of our renovations and are fast approaching the second phase which will have all of our rooms upgraded with new amenities as well.
I most certainly would like to invite you back so we can turn your experience around. Please feel free to email me directly at sdeocampo@torontopreferredhotel.com

Reviewed 25 August 2012

Room was older than we expected &not remoldeled. We spent the day at Niagra Fallls & returned late but received a bar bill for $136. We were not there but were made to feel like criminals whe n we ? It. They asked is to prove the room rate we booked for and actually had us go to their office and find and print the rate evev though we had the confirmation #. we were there 3 days. At the it was straightened out but... Attitude was not good.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear Zeldasue,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your honest feedback. I apologize for any trouble or inconvenience you encountered while staying at our hotel. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at sdeocampo@torontopreferredhotel.com if you have any further concerns.

Reviewed 17 August 2012

I stayed here for 5 days in May while talking professional development courses. The hotel has a car service (confusingly referred to as a 'shuttle' service') to take you to nearby destinations. the hotel caters to a combination of business and family clientele. The rooms are decent and there are 2 pools; one in and the other outdoors. There were in the throws of a renovation while I was there so the rooms could be quite different than the 90's room I had with a big CRT television. The location is not convenient for walking to nearby attractions as none are within a short distance away. The staff is professional and the breakfast is above average when the staff is on top of clearing the tables.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room, if available.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear MisterEtraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your honesty and feedback. Phase one of our renovations are now complete and we are now approaching the second where all our rooms will have new and upgraded amenities.
We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

Stayed there twice back in 2010.

- Both times when I asked for late check out, they checked their system and said ok, probably because hotel is not busy anyways. Front desk agent was very nice.

- Location is not downtown Toronto, but just off of the Don Valley Parkway highway connecting downtown with the rest of GTA, so location is not bad, depending on how you see it.

- Parking is not underground kind of parking, but are parking lots right besides the hotel building, pretty convenient if you ask me.

- Both times I didn't book through any third party discount agency (priceline or anything), but arrived directly at the hotel, paid regular posted rates ($120 something). At this price they offered me complimentary breakfast. Breakfast has coffee, juice, bread, sausage, eggs, etc, standard stuff, not bad.

- By the way, if you like driving, driving in and out of the hotel is fun and will probably utilize your 1st gear, which is kind of an experience. :)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am glad to hear that you had a great experience. Now that we are part of the Preferred Hotel Group we are offering all our guests the opportunity to become an iprefer member (which is complimentary) and each member recieves benefits instantaneously such as upgrades, amenity and many more. If you would like more information please feel free to contact me directly at sdeocampo@torontopreferredhotel.com
We look forward to seeing you again!