“Comfortable stay”

Ranked #74 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
London, Canada
“Comfortable stay”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Booked two rooms for Saturday June 14, 2014 using a great WagJag deal with the Toronto Zoo. Hotel was clean and appealing with a fairly quick check in. The rooms both had double beds and were in good condition. A kids sports team was also staying in the hotel the same night. We could hear them when we were in the hallway but our room remained quiet when our door was closed. A few of the wallpaper seams were peeling but that is the only complaint we had about the room. I hate having to pay for parking but it is Toronto after all. I would stay here again if I was looking for a hotel in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Chatham, Canada
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Bought the Zoo package, with the Zoo admissions included the room was about $70. I liked the hotel, it's not the fanciest and you can tell it's older, but it's well maintained and the rooms were clean and very quiet, so who cares. Everything about the room was nice, loved the heated floor in the bathroom. Loved the Keurig. We over looked the indoor pool, there was a ball tournament crowd staying there so they had overtaken the pool and were drinking and eating out there, so I didn't really go to the pool. We had the breakfast buffet, it was overpriced, but had a good selection. I really can't complain, parking was gratis in our package, no bellman to tip. Can't stand Toronto traffic, that city is seriously broken, when there are traffic jams all day long. But would definitely stay again. It's a great location for a hotel, gives you alot of options as to what you want to do while in toronto.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank eyeswideshut699
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Nice , quiet and clean. Hotel pool was clean and warm . Parking was easy as was finding Hotel off of Eglinton . Will stay again. Tim Hortons in walking distance major bonus . Near the Dvp so it might be an option to more expensive Downtown hotels

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We checked in quickly on a Saturday afternoon, dropped our bags and left to do some shopping. Upon returning to our room in the evening I noticed there were nail clippings on top of a brochure on the bedside table. LITERALLY, someone's toe or finger nail clippings.
I called the front desk to let them know, received very little reaction, but they did offer to send housekeeping. Since we were settling in for the night, I didn't want the interruption. I cleaned things up myself with out having to touch them.
It was never mentioned again. No response on our bill. No call from management. No response to the email I sent the hotel that night with a picture of the issue either. Very disappointed in the handling - or lack there of - of this housekeeping issue.
Other than that, our room that has not yet been renovated was big, but dilapidated with peeling wallpaper seams, old furniture and a dark bathroom. We stayed in this area, hoping to save some money by not staying downtown. Location was convenient for our plans. But the overall experience of the mishandling of the housekeeping issue means we will not be returning.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 83KDtravel
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 7 June 2014

A few buddies and I stayed here and we have no complaints. The location is good, the rooms were standard and the service was good. We had found a wagjag for the place and decided to get 3 of them and 3 rooms on a weekend. No problems, they made sure the rooms where adjoining or next to each other as well.

There is a great Brazilian steakhouse, Rodeo, just up the street that is definitely worth checking out. Subway wasn't too far either if I remember. However the best part is simply the ability to jump on the DVP and head downtown. Parking seemed to be crowded, but we found space for the 2 vehicles we brought.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Ontario
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Found this hotel to be a pleasant experience during our brief three night stay in Toronto recently . Very good value for money we thought as the room more than met our expectations . Clean and recently refurbished it was a notch or two above the average . All of our encounters with staff at the hotel were good ones - they were pleasant , polite and helpful , especially in the bar/restaurant where we ate each evening . Good menu here and the food was very good - again , a notch above the average .
Only downside ( and it's a small one ) was the volume of traffic in the lobby at times when tour buses arrived and accommodation was being organized for the travelers . Got a tad congested and made for a long wait at the elevators , but a small point as I say .
We would recommend this hotel as we enjoyed our stay .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for the Memorial weekend and had several mixed feelings about our stay! On one hand we were very pleased and the other very frustrated! The lobby and our king room were very clean and modern looking. It did take an extra long time to check in because the counter person did not know how to enter our Livingsocial vouchers and the individual assisting her had to keep answering the telephone. The indoor and outdoor pools were excellent, the water was crystal clear and the temperature was perfect! However the second day of our stay we went to the pools and there were no towels at either pool. We did see quest using their room towels at the pools. Our king bed was very comfortable and our room had plenty of extra space. We did have a balcony but there was only one chair for the both of us to sit on. The Keurig coffee maker was a plus, however having coffee cups to use would be very helpful. We had to request them or use the water cups twice in our three night stay.

Our most frustrating concern was the WiFi. The first night I could not log onto it so I went down to the front desk and asked for assistance. At first the two individuals that were assisting me could not log in either. I was told that they do have concerns when several guest are trying to use or log in at one time. I finally was able to log in at the front desk and then when I got back to my room it had disconnected and was I not able to re-log in the rest of the night.

Another plus is that The Toronto Science Center is only minutes away and the Toronto Zoo is very close also! There are plenty of restaurants and places to shop just a short drive away!

We did have one more major concern and it was a smell of skunk on our floor near the elevators. The first night there was a maintenance person trying to evaluate what was causing the smell and I guess that he could not because we smelled it each and every time we used the elevators!

Room Tip: The breakfast buffet at the hotel is quite expensive! There is Tim Hortons which is only a two minu...