“Stay Away”

Ranked #65 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Hamilton, Canada
“Stay Away”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Please do not come here, to start, check in was 30 minutes, employee had no idea how to enter rewards points, got to room, key did not work, got in room, no glasses to drink from, no fridge, cost $15. Warhroom was dirty, Staff not even close to being friendly, all staff english was second language. Now the room, beds, small and room dirty. Pool, can smell chlorine from lobby, slide open only specific hours. It seems that they have the keep the light on attitude here, stay a few years ago and was nice, now is less than sad! FYI, I have never written a review before but wanted to save those who want and care about quality for dollar to know what thay are getting into>
Without Predjudice!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Simon P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
vancouver
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Stayed there over the weekend. Beds very comfortable, how ever I find the air conditioner noisy in most hotels, and this was no exception. The constant noise while sleeping can be disturbing. Room Service had delivery charges, but the charges weren't mentioned . Got to know of the amount only on the day we were leaving.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank davycVancouver
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I was searching for a suite hotel as accommodation in Toronto for our family vacation and, finding everything far too pricey or not suitable for family travel, broadened my search to a more "traditional" hotel.

I had never heard of Delta Toronto East before, but really got the sense from the hotel's website that they welcomed families and small children and my husband and I were keen to book and try it out.

Right from our first contact with the hotel (we booked using the toll free number provided on their website) we were impressed. The agent we spoke to was extremely friendly and knowledgeable.

Upon check in, we were greeted with smiles and our children, ages 6 and 3, were provided with special welcome packages which thrilled them to no end!! Such a nice touch!

Our room was well appointed and comfortable, felt very luxurious. We were a bit apprehensive about the sleeping arrangements (being in one room with our little kids - which is why we were initially looking for a suite) but everyone ended up sleeping great the 2 nights we were there. My only wish for the room is that it would have had a small fridge - this is often very much appreciated when travelling with little kids.

Our kids loved the pool and had a lot of fun there!

The restaurant was great with extremely friendly, helpful, attentive staff. Our kids ate free (and loved the food) which was AMAZING! The buffet breakfast far exceeded our expectations since there were many options from which to choose.

The special Toronto Zoo package made visiting the zoo very affordable. We will definitely return - next time to take advantage of the Ontario Science Centre package.

Room Tip: Request a room on an upper floor - these are quieter and, I was told when I booked, newly renovated...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Limonadita
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

I have never hated a hotel so much. Look at my feedback. I like 95% of the hotels I stay in, and with the exception of one or two, I generally have no problems. Its tough to make me truly hate a hotel.

If you get put in a 1st floor room next to the pool, good luck getting sleep or privacy. My windows had to be closed the entire 3 days I was there because the window faced the pool( full of dozens of people) who peer through my window. The pool also closes at 11pm, and was ridiculously noisy, noisy, noisy!!!!!! I actually RECORDED how noisy it was from my room. It was like trying to sleep in the middle of a party.

At around midnight after the pool had closed, some wedding party was chatting and laughing in the hallway till 5am. I cannot believe this hotel didnt have security quiet them down. Out if control hotel, what a joke.

We asked to be moved and they denied us, claiming the hotel was full(even though I saw plenty of empty rooms). We got very little sleep, and our trip to the zoo was ruined the next day due to lack of sleep.

The room itself was missing soaps, hand lotion, and we found an empty coke can in the bathroom.

Horrific experience. Just horrible. And I can promise you folks, that if you ever have a complaint about this hotel, it will be in one ear, out the other. Just read the vague, insincere responses by management on Trip Advisor. They were exactly like this in person as well. "Next time, we will make your experience better". NEXT time?! Shouldn't they try and make up for your horrific experience THIS time? There wont BE a NEXT time. Of all my years reviewing hotels on Trip Advisor, this hotel goes down as the worst in my hall of shame.

• Stayed August 2013
6 Thank WonderCat314
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We're from the States and stayed for two nights with our kids (9 and 7). Are all people from Canada this nice?? When I called to book the room the week before, the lady I spoke with was super friendly and very helpful. Loved it! When we arrived, the woman at the front desk was extremely cheerful and offered some excellent directions and advice for out-of-towners. The kids really loved the pool and slide -- a definite highlight of the trip fore them.

We went to the zoo, which was easy to get to and close by. Thumbs up for that!

I loved the bathroom -- very large and beautiful. I will say our room didn't have a fridge or a microwave -- I didn't know to request them. But we made do. The ice machines were only on the even floors, which made getting ice a bit inconvenient. Also, breakfast is available for a fee, so factor that in if you're used to a complimentary breakfast.

But I have to say that overall, the hotel's location is super, the cleanliness factor is superb, the in-house restaurants are handy, and you can't beat the customer service.

Of all the hotels we stayed in while in Canada, this one was definitely our favorite!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank roadlesstraveled76
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I regularly stay at this hotel (for the past 4 years) and with every visit I have issues with my bill. I always have charges which I never incurred--something is wrong with this hotel. I never had this issue until the hotel was taken over by it's new owners. It's very frustrating that everytime I check out I need to explain the multiple charges which are not mine.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Lisa D
Sydney, Canada
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night on our summer vacation, 2 adults & 2 children. Kids had a blast in the pool area, so did the adults!!! We enjoyed the buffet supper in the restaurant, food was delicious & the service was fantastic!!

• Stayed August 2013