“Good Hotel. Great Location. Responsive Staff!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown
Ranked #35 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights/6 days in early April 2014. I was told that I got one of the newly renovated rooms on the 19th floor, and it was a great room for the price. The only issue I had with the room is that the desk is located next to the air-conditioning unit, so it's difficult to sit there for long periods of time. So if you plan on sitting at your hotel room's desk for longer than 15 minutes, then make sure that your room doesn't have this layout.

I asked for a number of things from housekeeping, and they were always very responsive and accommodating. The front desk and concierge were very helpful as well.

The hotel is in a great location. It's very central, with the Eaton Centre shopping mall just a 5-7 minute walk away, and there are plenty of dining options near the hotel.

I would certainly recommend this hotel is you're looking for something basic and decent, but just make sure to:

(a) Request a room that's on a floor away any of the ongoing renovation work.
(b) If you plan on using the desk a lot, ensure it's away from the A/C unit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank gerocal
Umesh S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear gerocal

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review on Tripadvisor. I am so happy that you found our staff very responsive to your needs and helpful. We get so many compliments from our guests based on the location of the hotel because it is so close to major shopping, three of the best hospitals in Toronto, the bus station is a 2 minute walk and so much more. I understand that some of our rooms because of the layout do have the heating and air conditioning units located by the desk and I can certainly see how that could be an inconvenience to some of our guests and I do appologize for any inconvenience this did cause you. Thank you so much for being our guest and we hope we can welcome you back in the future.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed here in February about two months after the Hilton took it over. It was under renovation. I paid for my room with British Airways Avios miles.

This is what I like about the hotel:
* Location is great. I was visiting U of T
* Price WAS good using Avios miles.
* Room was clean

This what I didn't like:
* It was under significant renovation
* Room was very small.
* Gym didn't have much equipment and was under renovation.
* Breakfast was quite expensive - didn't bother having it.

I'm not sure I will stay here again. If the price goes up significantly I likely won't. Booking with Avios points now has increased signficantly. Will check back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Umesh S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Lg_Chikwambo

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review of our hotel and we appreciate the feedback. So much has changed since you were here in February so please let me address some of your points. We are so proud to say that every guestroom in the hotel has now been completely renovated and now each and every guest will have the oportunity of enjoying our new rooms. Our fitness centre renovations have been complete now for 6 weeks and we are getting rave reviews from our guests on all the new equipment and the facility. We have many different room types here in the hotel and yes some are not as large as others, it just depends on the style you get at check in but as I mentioned the great thing is that they are all renovated now. I can also assure you that are prices have not or will not increase significantly and we are always priced extremely competive to our competition. Thank you so much for the detailed review and we hope that we can welcome you back as our guest in the fututre.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We had stayed at the Doubletree Toronto Downtown over the weekend. The staff at the front desk were nice, and helpful and the check in process was quick and easy. The room was a standard double, with nothing special to report about. Two butties of water were waiting for us, as gold members, but unfortunately this gesture was a one-time only. This is a shame as the water from the tap were not very tasty. The shower was small but clean, while the carpet was on the dusty side, with some major stains on it. The bed was not very comfortable.
Breakfast was ok, with some basic cold and hot buffet option. Noting special, but does the job.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Np-ln

Thank you very much for posting your review of our hotel and we appreciate your feedback. We love to hear what our guests say about our hotel because it gives us a chance to improve in some areas and continue to shine in others. I am so happy that you found our staff nice and helpful because we are putting our staff through extensive training and from all the great comments we are getting about them it certainly shows that the training is making a difference for our guests. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team and if you would be kind enough to email me your room number then we can have the carpet looked at for stains and dust, my email is umesh.srivastava@hilton.com. Thanks so much and we look forward to welcoming you back as our guest.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Hotel has very friendly staff. It is a recently remodelled hotel. The hotel is close to shopping,restaurants and theatre district. It offers good meeting spaces and catered lunches are very good value.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Hanny H

Thank you very much for posting your review and I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are so proud to announce that all of our guest rooms are now fully renovated. I am glad you you enjoyed our catering and my team does such an amazing job with all of our group business. Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to having you back as our guest.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

The beds at this hotel are perfect, and so are the pillows. I also didn't hear any noise at all. The customer service staff were extremely friendly. So glad we went to this hotel and I will be staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear 47Sandy

Thank you so much for posting this wonderful review of our hotel and we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are so happy to say that every guest room in the hotel is now fully renovated so each guest will now have the chance to enjoy our great new beds and pillows. Thank you so much for the business and we look forward to welcoming you back as our guest.

Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights at the end of April. Room was very clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and courteous. Three blocks from Yonge and Dundas, and two blocks from St. Patrick station. Parking was a bit expensive, but it is located right next to City Hall.

I would stay again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear daltus173

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review and I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was great that you found our staff to be friendly and courteous because that is what it is all about in this business. We have so many guest"s comment on our great location so i am happy it served your needs well. We look forward to having you back as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Except for a slow check-in, my experience at this hotel was excellent. The room was super clean and amenities were provided. Check-out was smoother than the check-in. Parking was on-site and seamless and the most affordable of all hotels in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Umesh S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Irem A

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our amazing hotel with everyone and I am so happy that you enloyed your stay with us. It was such a nice compliment on the cleanliness of our rooms because our Director of Housekeeping and her team try so hard to keep our hotel clean and presentable for our guests. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.