“Good location”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown
Ranked #35 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We enjoyed our stay over Easter weekend. Very centrally located to all parts of downtown. We also requested a quiet room that met our expectations. Pleasant front desk staff. Free internet and printing.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
1  Thank Jlat1222
Umesh S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Jlat1222

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your most recent stay with us and I am so happy that our hotel suited your needs and that we met your expectations. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back as our guest.

Umesh Srivastava CHA

Write a ReviewReviews (2,095)

Reviewed 21 April 2014

i have yet to review a place before my stay was over, but think I've seen enough.
If it wasn't so much of a hassle, I would consider going to another place.

No telephone near bed – awkward if you want a wakeup call

New workspace has lots of outlets including USB. Be careful though. When I went to unplug my laptop from the outlet under the TV, the whole mounting board moved forward and freaked me out. Not sure what would happen if I didn’t brace the board, but didn’t want to find out.

Wifi performance is very good but there is different network name and requires a password in the lobby/restaurant so make sure to ask about it.

Restaurant food was ok the first night and dinner was reasonably priced. I wasn’t in the mood to go out for food.
Expect to pay $20+ for breakfast which is typical for a Hilton property
Tonight I had the buttered chicken and it was AWFUL. It was chewy and not edible. I showed it to the waitress and she offered to give me a free dessert and when I declined she brought me the bill for the chicken even though I barely had a few bites.. ???
So I walked across the street and got a bag of popcorn for dinner.

Bathroom
The toilet paper was a bit of a reach for me.
Water valve cover is upside down. See photos
The tub has a bunch of discolored patches like it wasn’t refinished properly. See photos

And this is on a HHONORS floor... Yikkes.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Churchill_Fortunato
Reviewed 21 April 2014

very close to the hospitals. was the main factor in picking this place but also price-- i booked for two days- and had to leave early - no problems with canceling the second day. great stay - just this question thing is a little long .

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Umesh S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Jason M

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review with us and I am so happy that the hotel suited your needs perfectly and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed at the beautifully refurbished, Doubletree in downtown Toronto last night. This wonderful hotel offers outstanding location and superb decor. The people are very courteous and pleasant. The beds are extremely comfortable and all of the amenities in the room are first rate, ex. TV, coffee maker, internet. So I'm really only writing this review to vent about an issue we've all probably had before, ie. ignorant hotel neighbours.
One wishes that there were a hotel etiquette which required that after a certain time, say midnight, there was no more talking and scurrying in the halls. That visits to neighbouring rooms and banging of doors would stop and that consideration of others who are sharing the building and attempting to sleep would dictate acceptable behaviour. Regretably, that's probably never going to happen.
Nevertheless, who reading this review hasn't had a similar experience to ours? You're away from home for the first time in a long while and celebrating a milestone event, in our case my wife's birthday, it's 1 am and you've just closed your eyes after a lovely evening, and your large group of neighbours arrive with no intention of crashing. They've just checked in and are having the time of their lives. The night is young and they're making plans to go out on the town. You awake with a jolt as the conversations in the hall sound like their happening in your own room. The doors slamming sound like canon-shots and your body reverberates. Your eyes are closed but you're on edge knowing that every two minutes, will bring more percussion. Then, repeat this scene three hours later as said group returns from their revelry, significantly more inebriated, and quite possibly even more disruptive. By now the night is lost. You toss and turn for a couple more hours and decide to head for breakfast. You go out into the hall and all has become charming again; peace and quiet have returned.
You are very tempted to slam your own door with authority or loudly knock on all of theirs but quietly walk downstairs to raise the issue with hotel management. "Noise complaint" is scribbled down along with the query, "Did you call security?" Mr. Manager, this is not a problem which Doubletree or hotel security can solve, only hotel karma can.
I've read all of the other reviews and thankfully not everyone's experience was like ours. Enjoy the Hilton. That's all I've got.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review about your recent stay. On the positive side I am so happy that you enjoyed your newly renovated room and now all of our guest rooms are fully renovated here at The DoubleTree and also the positive interactions you had with our staff members. I am very sorry that your sleep was interupted by noisy guests. We try to do everything to have our guests keep the noise to a minimum and be respectful of others that are staying in the hotel. We have many guests sign a waiver upon check in and this lets them know that we have a zero tolerance to noise and they they will be asked to leave if they violate any of the rules that they signed for. We also have our security team patrol the hallways to see if anyone is disturbing our other guests but unfortunately we can't catch everyone. We thank you very much for the business and we look forward to having you back as our guest.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We live in the suburbs, and twice per year we get a room downtown to relax around the hot tub. As we checked in, it was interesting as I waited in line. Both reception employees, one on either side of me, were fielding complaints from two very unhappy guests. One man complained that the hotel was dirty, and the other complained that his search and rescue dog was not allowed in the hotel because it was not a ‘service dog.’ I guess this was a sign of things to come.

I had made a point of calling the hotel last week before I booked to ensure the pool and hot tub were open. The front desk at this hotel assured me everything was open. We checked in, put our suits on and headed to the pool...... There was no hot tub? What happened to it? That was the main reason we chose this hotel!!!! Arrrrrggggg! I tried to use the dry sauna, but it was ice cold in there.

What a complete waste of time and money!! I feel like I was deceived. Not nice Doubletree! For this reason, I am fairly certain I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank EmilyandFamily12

Dear EmilyandFamily12

I am so sorry that you were not happy with your stay with us and that we did not meet your expectations. When we recently renovated our Health Club we did decide to no longer have the Whirlpool for a number of reasons and I am very sorry that this caused an inconvenience to you and your family. I hope you will reconsider and choose us as your hotel again and enjoy all the great things that our hotel does have to offer.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Came with my husband on his business trip and hotel is centrally located in downtown within walking distance to most tourist attractions like CN Tower, St Lawrence Market...and there's a big mall down the street

Dear JazzeeBob

Thank you for sharing your feelings on the hotels location with everyone. We are so close to great shopping, The Eaton Centre, China Town, The Royal Ontario Museum and so much more and this certainly is very convenient for our guests.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

This hotel offered great service and the staff made an enjoyable stay once again, love love love this hotel- thanks again for the wonderful stay at the Double Tree, definitely recommend this hotel to future guests.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Jamie B
Umesh S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Jamie B

Thank you so much for sharing your review with everyone on your most recent stay and all I can say is WOW. It seems that we not only met your expectaions but we exceeded everything as well. I can't wait to share your review with all of our amazing team members and we are thrilled to welcome you back again as our guest.