DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown
Ranked #32 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

I was here for one week. The location was great. The staff was pretty good. My room was a little loud. Engineering was next door Tuesday making quite a racket. Other than that the room was clean and nicely decorated. Always had hot water. That was real nice.

The restaurant was a mixed bag. breakfast cost the hotel a star. I wanted an egg white omelette and fruit. Instead of accommodating me, the water kept pushing the brunch on me. I was irritated and wound up at the breakfast bar and didn't get what I wanted. It also was far from a bargain. I had dinner in the bar. The food service was slow but Julie was great. She is an asset. I had dinner at the restaurant one last night and again the service was strange. My waiter got my order and was polite. Then he evaporated and other people came to the table. It would have been fine if it wasn't so long. The food was good.

Overall I would go back to stay but not eat.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Umesh S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Jim B

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review of our hotel and I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have spoken with our restaurant management team about your comments and they will share with their associates to see what we can do better to have guests not feel the way you did. Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to having you return.

Umesh Srivastava CHA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ajax, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

The Metropolitan used to be a highly recommended hotel in the GTA for conferences. I have used this facility for over 11 years. The recent transition to a Doubletree by Hilton has resulted in to less then satisfactory food preparation and options, dirty rooms and frustrated staff. It is such a shame! I will be looking else where for my future conferences.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Dear Juliet R

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review about your recent meetings with us. It certainly seems that you have not caught us at our best and I am certainly upset that after so many years we have not met your expectations. Reena would love the chance to speak with you and see what we can do to "Make it Right" for you so that we can continue our relationship. Please email her at reena.jaitly@hilton.com

Windsor, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel was the hotel selected for guests of the wedding. I called to make reservations and the day I called the reservation system was down. I called the second time and the reservation person couldn't find the wedding list. I waited so long on hold that I was pumped back to the front desk. I spoke to the front desk and gave my problem and she said that she would look into it and call me back. I left my name and phone number and lo and behold no one called me back. The next time I called to make a reservation for the wedding I was informed that all the wedding rooms were now sold. I could stay there but it is much higher rate. I couldn't believe this! I had called and lots of time. We were looking for two rooms. It was clearly the fault of the hotel. Not very good service for a division of Hilton!

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank deb1981
Dear deb1981

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review about your most recent stay. It seems that we have certainly not met any of your expectations and our Front Office Manager would love the chance to speak with you about this unfortunate experience you have had. Please email him at matt.scriven@hilton.com The last thing we ever want is for a guest to leave here upset and frustrated.

Mississauaga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I felt welcomed! Friendly staff!! helpful!! would recommend to others!! My overall experience was very good. I was able to get all my needs met. Friendly and helpful staff. The food options were appreciated! comfortable room and bed. I appreciated the fact that there was a small fridge to use.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Umesh S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Rav B

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review and I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our hotel met all of your needs. We are so happy that all of our guest rooms are now renovated and many do contain the fridge. Thank you for being our guest and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Rooms are clean, renovated, soundproof (except for the door). Bed, pillows comfortable. Bathroom decent size with more than enough amenities and towels. Wifi works great. A/C works well, but except noise when it goes on (automatic). Complementary water bottles, coffee, tea.

Only downside, water was slow to drain last night. Advised the front desk for next guest.

Staff is friendly and attentive to your needs.

Hotel is close to eaton centre and very well located. Supermarket and convenience store a block away, so you can grab a snack nearby.

Overall, good stay and i would recommend it. Would stay there again next time I am in town.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank sanmtl2012
Umesh S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear edenhreview

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your most recent stay with us and I am very happy that our hotel fit your needs and that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Dawlish, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We had a very pleasant stay in this hotel while visiting Toronto, in April. We had a corner room on the 19th floor and although fairly small compared to some hotel rooms, was very comfortable with windows along two walls, which gave it a lovely light airy feel. The bed was one of the most comfortable we have experienced and we have stayed in many hotels. The only problem I had was that being a little vertically challenged myself, the bed was a little high! It gave me quite a workout climbing into it at night. There was no suitcase stand in the room which is something which we missed having. Also although it was a renovated room drawers in one of the units were sticking a little & sometimes hard to open which gives the impression that the furniture won't stand up to much wear.We had two meals in the Hemisphere restaurant during our stay, which were both excellent, I would certainly recommend the fried fish & sweet potato fries.
The staff in all areas of the hotel were always very friendly and helpful and the downtown position is ideal for sight seeing.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated, corner room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AJH51
Dear AJH51

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review of our hotel and I am thrilled to see that everything with your stay went well and hopefully exceeded your expectations. We are so happy now that all of our guest rooms have been fully renovated and every guest now has the chance to enjoy them. I am so glad that you enjoyed your meals in Hemispheres restaurant and most happy that all your interactions with our staff were pleasant and helpful. Thank you so much for being our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Hartington, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Completely revamped. We used to stay at the Metropolitan for the location. Since the renovations, it is really posh now. Service was excellent. Location is great - close to AGO, Chinatown, Kensington etc. Lai Wah Heen restaurant is phenomenal. Well worth the few extra dollars.

1 Thank Paula K
Dear Paula K

Thank you so much for posting your review of your most recent stay and I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have an amazing location since we are right in the heart of downtown Toronto and that does give our guest such close access to places like Nathan Phillips Square, The Eaton Centre, Rogers Centre, China Town and so much more. I hope the next time you stay with us you have the chance to enjoy our other award winning restaurant called Hemispheres. Thank you for the business and we look forward to having you back as our guest