“Splendid Transformation at this Hotel!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown
Ranked #34 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
BC.
“Splendid Transformation at this Hotel!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Doubletree by Hilton has done a marvellous job in transforming this centrally located Toronto hotel to a tip-notch facility. Beautifully appointed, wonderful beds, every need anticipated in terms of room amenities and design -this hotel was a terrific surprise (for someone who remembered well the previous facility on this site).

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Umesh S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear BytheBeach026

Thank you so much for posting your wonderful review of our hotel and I am so happy that you have enjoyed the transformation our hotel has gone through. We are so pleased to announce that every guest room in the hotel has now been renovated and we are getting such awesome remarks about them. Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back

Umesh Srivastava CHA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tuusula, Finland
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Extremely centrally located hotel, not luxurious as such as but a very decent 4* place. Somewhat expensive but I guess there’s a premium to be paid for the location. Review based on a one night stay in May (background of spending 80+ nights per year in different hotels around the globe).

Location:
Extremely central location, next to the great city hall. Greyhound station close by, in case you like to travel by bus… Street car line basically next door and subway station perhaps 100m away.

Plenty of all sorts of restaurants, bars and shops in the immediate neighborhood, for example the huge Eaton Centre mall just couple of hundred meters away.

Room:
I had a basic room on 23rd floor which had a quite nice clean décor that was modern without being too modern. The room has been clearly recently renovated, no signs of usage anywhere and it was spotlessly clean.

The AC unit decided to act rather strangely by somewhat randomly ignoring temperature/speed selections and it was also somewhat noisy but no big issue as such.

Not the biggest room I’ve seen but certainly big enough for a single traveler like me

Etc:
Breakfast was very decent, even though I selected to take the just the cold (continental) breakfast.

Even though the hotel is not new as such, it seems at least parts of it have been completely renovated rather recently. For example the lobby restaurant looked very modern and fancy.

Check-in / out fast and efficient, with the trademark warm cookie offered of course!

Would I return there?
Yes sure if the price is right, a good hotel in a great location

Dear dadsasdasd

Thank you so much for posting your review of our hotel and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location is certainly a great selling feature for us because we are so close to great shopping, restaurants, China Town, three of the greatest hospitals in the world and so much more. Some of the things about your review that stood out to me were, that you found the room spotless and this is something our housekeeping department strives for and they will be thrilled to hear your comment about the room. The check in process is always so important and we know that our guests want to be able to check in quickly and enjoy their room so once again I am so happy this went well for you. We thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Good hotel. Really good location. Located 3 blocks from dundas square. Lots of good restaurants within walking distance, including Starbucks and subway right across the street and Tim Hortons one block away.

The room was really good. Nice, clean, good size bathroom. Good decor.

Hallways are nice and clean and really wide.

The food in the restaurants downstairs is good too. Housekeeping provides good service, but room service was disappointing. I called on two separate occasions, but no one picked up.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Umesh S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear anshu a

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review of our hotel and I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location is such a great selling feature of our hotel because we are just so centrally located to so many of Toronto's best attractions, shopping, China Town and so much more. We are so happy to say that all of our guest rooms are now completely renovated and we are hearing such great comments about them. I am however sorry to hear that you had a challenge to get through to Room Service and I will certainly talk with our Restaurant Manager about this so he can discuss with the staff. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I had a business trip to Toronto and stayed her for a couple of nights before going to the business hotel my boss had booked. The price here was quite good. I agree with all the other reviews in that the room was quite lovely and renovated in a very clean modern style. Free wifi was fantastic and the location was perfect. Transportation nearby, Eaton Centre, 24 hour convenience store a block away, all pluses. In all, there was only one drawback. I arrived 15 minutes before check-in but they were behind in cleaning so I couldn't get a room. When I can back 45 minutes later, all was fine. That's wasn't the problem, though. All of the staff are nice and helpful, but, when you have a line of 5 people waiting to check-in and your one desk clerk is chatting with a guest about the various things to do in the city, it is a bit annoying. While waiting to check-in, I got offered a cookie 3 times. They are very good so take one and enjoy! By the third offer, I said I would rather check-in than have another cookie. All told, about 15 minutes to get to the counter. Once in, though, all was fine. I would definitely stay here again. Oh, and just know, the Express bus from the airport still identifies it as the Metropolitan Hotel as well as Doubletree. In fact, I left something in the room and called security/lost & found to see if they had it and the recording you get still says Metropolitan Hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Umesh S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear tmgmdny

Thank you very much for posting your review of our hotel based on your recent stay. I am so happy that you enjoyed our hotel and we are proud to say that we are one of the few Toronto hotels that do offer free WiFi. I'm glad that youy liked our renovated rooms and we are so pleased to say that all of our guest rooms in the hotel are now renovated. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Nicely located, heart of downtown and very close to Chinatown. A nice brisk walk and you are in Chinatown. Underground parking lot was tricky, some tight spots. Room internet service was very spotty especially between 9 pm and 11 pm. Staff was relatively friendly and helpful during our stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear E C

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your most recent stay with us. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our location convenient for your needs. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Port Carling, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I love this hotel. We were able to check in early at 11:30. The gentleman who checked us in I think his name was Sammit. Sorry if I got it wrong. He was amazing!!!!! Our room was cozy and spacious. The view was great. Walking distance to St Patrick's station. Everything is so close by. The only thing I was disappointed in was that they don't offer gluten free cookies!!!!!! My hubby got both and they smelled and looked so good!!!!! He said they were good. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Teresa M

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this wonderful review of our hotel based on your recent stay with us. I am so happy that you enjoyed everything with our hotel and we look very forward to welcoming you back.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The Doubletree is a very comfortable hotel within waliking distance of the Four Seasons Centre. It is close to the subway which makes travel around Toronto easy. My room was impeccable. The rates are good for a city center hotel. Restaurant was good if a little pricy. Staff was helpful. Will stay again when in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Dear emr-traveler

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of our hotel and I am so happy that you enjoyed everything here and we look forward to welcoming you back as our guest.