“Doubletree Hilton, Toronto, Canada”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown
Ranked #34 of 134 Hotels in Toronto
Ottawa, Canada
“Doubletree Hilton, Toronto, Canada”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Generally a very good hotel, clean, quiet. Very good restaurant but unfortunately there is only the one. CEntral for Toronto. Near shopping and theatres and not far from museums, both art and science.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Umesh S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Patricia P

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel and we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We actually have 2 restaurants in our hotel, we have the award winning Hemispheres Restaurant located off the main lobby and then we also have a restaurant on the second floor that specializes in asian food. We hope to welcome you back as our guest.

Umesh Srivastava CHA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gaithersburg, United States
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Clean and nice hotel with quick check in process. Rooms on the smaller side and parking garage very tight fit with expensive daily rate of $25. Great location with easy walking access to many options. Never had to take a cab because of close proximity to many landmarks in Toronto.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Umesh S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Colleen C

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel and I was happy to hear that you had a nice quick check in as we do aim to make that a priority since we know the last thing our guests want is a lengthy time consuming check in. Our traveler's reward is a warm welcoming chocolate chip cookie and fast easy check in. I'm glad that our location suited your needs and yes our hotel is so close to everything. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is a new hotel close to the parliament buildings, U of T and the major hospitals. Rooms are compact and functional. Service was friendly and helpful. No traffic noise but ailrconditionaling /heating unit will awaken the light sleeper. Cl;ose to the Chelsea hotel but much less frenzied.

Dear Jruedy

Thank you very much for posting your review of our hotel based on your recent stay with us and I am happy that you enjoyed everything. We do have an incredible location since we are so close to great shopping, China Town, the museum and so much more. We are so proud now that all of our guest rooms are fully renovated and we are hearing wonderful comments from our guests. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to welcome you back again.

Vancouver
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We chose the hotel for its location- found there to be great staff. We got our HHonors card during our stay and were treated to a free breakfast and water. Great room rate though booked online. The food at hemispheres (restaurant) was quite good. The waiter had a special order for us as non-pork eaters which was much appreciated.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank WorldTraveler_AA
Dear WorldTraveler_AA

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of our hotel and I am so glad that you enjoyed everything. Nothing makes me happier than hearing that I have great staff because that it what it is all about in this business. I'm so happy that one of our waiters looked after your needs, they really are super at accomodating guests requests. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back one day.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

This was my first trip to Canada and to meet with my girlfriend before heading to Brazil for the World Cup. I was greeted properly and treated with respect. The room was clean and very comfortable. We even went swimming which was great also. Excellent location, near many stores and restaurants and the underground mall.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear DariEnLake25

Thank you very much for posting your review of our hotel and I am so happy that you enjoyed our property and hopefully we made your first trip to Canada a very special and memorable one.
We hope to welcome you back again as our guest one day.

Goderich, Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The only thing missing is a fantastic pool, which is extremely hard to find in downtown Toronto anyway... Walking distance to Blue Jays Games, CN Tower, Aquarium, and the Symphony (Roy Thomson Hall). And I am supposed to write a minimum of 200 characters, but no need to read on.... I have nothing else to say...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Renee R
Umesh S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Renee R

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel and I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location truly is amazing since we are so close to so many of Toronto's top tourist spots. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest again in he future.

Huntersville, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Let's say this was a bad week for me. No hotels in downtown Toronto due to that "Million Dollar Round Table". Clearly shows that the city hotel rooms inventory is not enough to host big events. This is not this hotel problem, in fact, they were really nice to get me a room here after I stayed one night at the airport and spent 4 hours in commute to downtown.

I clearly overpaid for this stay $309/night but it was worth it to not spend 4 hours commuting. This hotel is nice in the summer, but if you are working at the financial district, beware that it does not connect to the underground path. You'll have to walk around 10 minutes on the outside to reach the Sheraton entrance and be in the path.

My stay here started with a friendly reception without the traditional chocolate chip cookies as they ran out of it. The room looked new or recently refurbished (I was on the HHonors floor) with excellent bed, terrible pillows (like most hotels), bathroom with a nice shower and fast trouble free internet with no requirements to login, so you don't loose your session if you need to connect to the VPN. The Hilton Downtown refreshes every 24 hours and their internet is terrible compared to this one which is free. I was able to Skype with the family at 6pm with excellent video quality. The breakfast is nothing great. The pastries and croissants are not fresh and the coffee is by far the worse coffee I have ever had in my life.

The room A/C unit is very powerful, but terribly noisy. Had to sleep with it turned off on the first night.

I have ordered room service one night, and aside from the very short menu, I was impressed by the good quality of the burger I got. The food in Toronto is not great at all, and this hotel delivered something I would order again.

But the worse problem during my stay is about to be presented. At around 12:30am someone walked into my room (I forgot to double lock the door) and as soon as it saw that it was occupied, vanished immediately without saying a word. I am assuming if it was a employee with good faith, it would have at least apologized. Called front desk immediately and locked the doors. Front desk calls me 10 minutes later saying security is looking into it. 20 minutes later they call me saying they did not find the person, and they would get the key history but recommended me to lock the door. I obviously lost my sleep and decided to watch TV. TV then decides to stop working, emits a bang, big red screen and shuts down completely. Stand by light stays on but remote is unresponsive.

I most likely would not return to this hotel, however, if there is absolutely nothing around and this DoubleTree and the Sheraton are the only ones available, I would pick the DoubleTree as the Sheraton is the worse hotel in Toronto Downtown.

1 Thank Eduardo F
Dear Eduardo F

Thank you for taking the time to post your review based on your recent stay with us. I am happy that you enjoyed your room and some of the amenities that came with it such as complimentary WIFI and also that you liked our room service burger, we do receive lots of great comments about our food quality from our guests. I was very disappointed about someone entering your room late at night because we take security very important and our security department did do the investigation into the incident. If you would like to discuss things further please contact our Front Desk Manager Matt at matt.scriven@hilton.com.