“family vacation”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown
Ranked #35 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Overall excellent value. Stayed there with our two The grandchildren 15 and 18 everything worked out well. In particular the concierge was very helpful and the front desk people were efficient and after check in remembered my name.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Umesh S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Edwin H

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I am so happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. It is so important that staff members can help the guests with directions or suggestions because so many people are new to the city and we do extensive training with our associates to keep them current on any information to assist our guest better. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and we hope to welcome you back again.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We wanted a nice hotel at a reasonable price and found it! Our room was beautiful, a nice corner unit with a queen bed. The price was amazing for downtown Toronto ($139+tax first night, $119+tax for second night). The hotel is in good shape, and taken care of. Our room was clean and well taken care of. The only thing that needed a bit of updating was the bathroom (mainly the bathtub/shower area), but it was fine for us. Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Get a corner room with windows with windows on two sides.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Umesh S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear CRHE

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review of our hotel based on you recent stay with us. I am so happy that you enjoyed your time at The DoublTree and that you found your room beautiful. We are so pleased that all of our guest rooms have been fully renovated and yes there have been some deficiencies in very few of our guest rooms after the renovations and we are currently fixing all of these issues with our contractors as they come up. If you would be kind enough to email me the room number you were in so our team can investigate the bathroom, my email is umesh.srivastava@hilton.com. We thank you so much for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Was at a wedding and got a group rate. Room and parking came to $229. which I guess is good for Toronto. Ya think if you were staying at the hotel then they would throw in the $29 parking fee.
The bed and pillows were very comfortable. Staff was friendly. The room and hotel was clean and I was happy to have the late check out at 12.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jeffshabs
Umesh S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear jeffshabs

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review and I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that you found the beds nice and comfortable and the staff friendly. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

What a pleasure it was to stay at the Double Tree Hilton !! The wonderful staff at the front desk, the warm chocolate chip cookies given upon arrival, the clean spacious " Paris suite " was an added bonus! Have stayed here many times as the " Met" and will return many more times!! Thanks everyone for making it a very special time in T.O. :)))))

Room Tip: Higher floor facing C.N. Tower was nice
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear A D

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this excellent review of our hotel and I would like to thank you for being a long time customer of ours, we sincerely appreciate the business. I love when I hear that my staff was great, there is nothing more important than service and I am so happy you enjoyed ours. We look very forward to welcoming you back as our guest.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Excellent hotel with very friendly staff. The rooms were kept very clean and I found the bed extremely comfortable. The gym had new equipment, treadmills(4), bikes(2) and ellipticals(3)all in great working condition, plus a small weight workout area.

For downtown Toronto , this hotels serves as a great hub being close to everything.

I had one small issue that may not bother others and that is I found the Bistro/lounge bar prices a bit on the high side. ( Stella=$9) (5oz pinot grigio=$12)

However the plus is there are plenty of other venues to check out, after all you are in the heart of Toronto.
YES I would stay here again and do recommend this hotel for others.

Room Tip: I was on the 17 floor and encountered no problems.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Limonrum
Umesh S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Limonrum

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of our hotel and I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are so firtunate to be located where we are because we are so close to the main bus terminal in Toronto, the Eaton Centre, Nathan Phillips and Dundas Squares and so many of Toronto's other top attractions. I am also very happy that you found are rooms clean because our Housekeeping team does take such pride in their work. We look forward to having you back as our guest.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I enjoyed a very pleasant stay at this Doubletree by Hilton recently. I was greeted warmly upon arrival (and handed a warm cookie!). The reservation team were very welcoming.

My room was very well appointed, quiet and impeccably clean. The bed was very comfortable. The desk area was well lit and the internet complimentary.

The hotel was well located to my business needs and a handy walk to City Hall and the Eaton Centre.

I did have to wait a little longer than I would have expected to contact in room dining one evening, but the food was well worth it.

Thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear MerchantAdventurer

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel and I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comment about the room being impeccably clean put a huge smile on the face of our Director of Housekeeping and that entire team, they try so hard to ensure each room is spotless for the next guest. We thank you so much for staying with us and hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Its a bit too frenzied for me, but location is good. Kind of icky if u walk west so walk out east from hotel. Rooms feel a bit tight esp the bathrooms. Friendly, responsive staff. No laundry room. Great choggie chip cookies free at front desk. Pool felt kind of dirty-cleaned n filled enuff w all the kids? Location ideal for dtown n queen st west

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Cleopatra V

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel and I am so happy you found our staff friendly and responsive. Being a Downtown hotel in a big city there will always be certain areas that are nicer than others, if you stay with us again please talk with our Front Desk staff or concierge and they can suggest a multitude of safe areas to go to that are very close to the hotel. We are in the process of building a laundry room for our guests and hope to have that up and running in the near future. Thanks so much for choosing to stay with us and have a great day.