“Downtown Toronto Doubletree is fantastic!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown
Ranked #35 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located in a great central location. It is close to everything you need downtown...restaurants, metro, theater...you name it. The staff was so friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and updated. Elevators were a pain but that's the only negative I can point out.

Stayed: July 2014
Umesh S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Dtownjr

Thank you very much for posting this review of our hotel and I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff very friendly and helpful. Our location is such a great bonus for our guests because so many of Downtown Toronto's most desireable destinations are within a few minutes of us and it is so convenient and easy to walk to most of these spots. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and we hope to welcome you back again.

Umesh Srivastava CHA

Write a ReviewReviews (2,100)

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The Double Tree Hotel was an absolute pleasure to stay. The staff was excellent. The Front desk was very helpful and met every need of mine. The breakfast was very good. The staff was very friendly. My 2 year old son had a great time.

The room size is decent . You cant expect a big room in any downtown, but the room size was decent. Since this is a relatively new hotel some of the cupboard knobs and bathroom appliances were coming off , but the staff took care of it very well.

Kid friendly hotel. Very good location. Minutes away from the eaton center, front street and union station.

Excellent restaurants around the area walking distance away.

Good place to stay.

Room Tip: Use your Hilton Honors status to get a good room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Anup P

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review and I am so happy that you and your family had such a great time at our hotel. It makes me feel so good when my staff meets and exceeds the needs of our guests and provides them the type of service that makes a great impression on our guests. There are many different hotels in this city but there is not a hotel that will provide the customer service that we do and I am so proud of that. It all starts with our warm chocolate chip cookie at check in and that is all part of The DoubleTree Traveler's Reward. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and I hope we can welcome you back again.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

After a bad experience in another hotel, I decided to book a room in the Doubletree.

I normally stay on the Doubletrees when I travel and as an Hhonours member I never had any issues with the hotels I stay.

I highly recommend this hotel, staff is friendly, rooms are good and the value for money is great!

Room Tip: Become a Hhonours member!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PedroR8

Dear PedroR8

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of our hotel and I am happy that you enjoyed your recent stay and that you felt you received great value for your money. We are so proud that all of our guest rooms have now been renovated and our guests can enjoy them now. I also love to hear that our guests continuously comment that the staff is friendly and helpful because that is a crucial part of every guest stay and our associates always do anything it takes to "Make it Right". Thank you so much for staying with us and hopefully we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Overall excellent value. Stayed there with our two The grandchildren 15 and 18 everything worked out well. In particular the concierge was very helpful and the front desk people were efficient and after check in remembered my name.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Edwin H

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I am so happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. It is so important that staff members can help the guests with directions or suggestions because so many people are new to the city and we do extensive training with our associates to keep them current on any information to assist our guest better. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and we hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We wanted a nice hotel at a reasonable price and found it! Our room was beautiful, a nice corner unit with a queen bed. The price was amazing for downtown Toronto ($139+tax first night, $119+tax for second night). The hotel is in good shape, and taken care of. Our room was clean and well taken care of. The only thing that needed a bit of updating was the bathroom (mainly the bathtub/shower area), but it was fine for us. Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Get a corner room with windows with windows on two sides.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Umesh S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear CRHE

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review of our hotel based on you recent stay with us. I am so happy that you enjoyed your time at The DoublTree and that you found your room beautiful. We are so pleased that all of our guest rooms have been fully renovated and yes there have been some deficiencies in very few of our guest rooms after the renovations and we are currently fixing all of these issues with our contractors as they come up. If you would be kind enough to email me the room number you were in so our team can investigate the bathroom, my email is umesh.srivastava@hilton.com. We thank you so much for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Was at a wedding and got a group rate. Room and parking came to $229. which I guess is good for Toronto. Ya think if you were staying at the hotel then they would throw in the $29 parking fee.
The bed and pillows were very comfortable. Staff was friendly. The room and hotel was clean and I was happy to have the late check out at 12.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jeffshabs
Umesh S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear jeffshabs

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review and I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that you found the beds nice and comfortable and the staff friendly. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

What a pleasure it was to stay at the Double Tree Hilton !! The wonderful staff at the front desk, the warm chocolate chip cookies given upon arrival, the clean spacious " Paris suite " was an added bonus! Have stayed here many times as the " Met" and will return many more times!! Thanks everyone for making it a very special time in T.O. :)))))

Room Tip: Higher floor facing C.N. Tower was nice
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear A D

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this excellent review of our hotel and I would like to thank you for being a long time customer of ours, we sincerely appreciate the business. I love when I hear that my staff was great, there is nothing more important than service and I am so happy you enjoyed ours. We look very forward to welcoming you back as our guest.