I stayed in Doubletree Hilton for 4 nights in a leisure trip. First and foremost thing to compliment about the hotel is its perfect location. The whole street of Asian, Western & Fusion food is in 2 minutes walking distance. Another 5 mins walking will take you to Dundas Sqr, Eaton Center, subway, bus station. Almost all tourist attractions & high street are reachable within 10 mins taxi.
The hotel features 27 floors of modern designed accommodation, a built in swimming pool, fully equipped gym. Breakfast and lunch at the hotel restaurant are flavourful and delicious. Compliment snacks, and good quality tea & coffee
Downsides of Doubletree are:
- Small room for 2 people
- Terrible wifi signal, you should rather use your own mobile data
- Bad city view from the window - day or night
- Room service doesn't clean the bathroom everyday
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Doubletree by Hilton Toronto Downtown. This full service hotel is located at the heart of the city’s financial, research, entertainment, dining and shopping districts. The hotel has a total of 486 modern contemporary fully renovated guest rooms including 34 suites and luxury suites with windows that open. In room amenities include high speed wireless internet access, in room work desk and voice mail, complimentary newspaper delivered to your room, on command in room movie, music and video games. The hotel boasts two 4 Diamond rated restaurants, namely Hemispheres Restaurant and Bistro and Lai Wah Heen. Additional hotel amenities include indoor pool, a brand new state of the art fitness center and business center. The hotel has 13,000 square feet of event space and is well known in the city for its exceptional and professional catering service for both business and leisure events including weddings. The hotel is walking distance to numerous Fortune 500 Companies, the University of Toronto, several world renowned hospitals including Mount Sinai, The Hospital for Sick Children and Toronto General, Queens Park, the Law Society of Upper Canada, Ontario Art Gallery, CN Tower, Royal Ontario Museum, Mars Center, US Consulate, Canadian Opera Company. Hockey Hall of Fame, Eaton Shopping Center, Rogers Center and Air Canada Center are also easily accessible. The hotel is minutes from Union Station, easily accessible off the Gardiner Expressway, Billy Bishop Toronto Island Airport as well as 40 minutes from Pearson International Airport. As one enters the grand lobby with its cascading staircase, one is immediately welcomed by the gracious staff, ready to offer the exceptional quality service for which the hotel is known. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Nozio Netplan srl, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropolitan Hotel Toronto