“Has changed a lot”

Ranked #38 of 501 things to do in Toronto
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Ontario Science Centre has welcomed more than 50 million visitors since it opened in 1969, implementing an interactive approach now adopted by science centres around the world. Today, the Science Centre is an international leader in free-choice science learning and a key contributor to Ontario’s education and innovation ecosystem, offering lifelong learning through hands-on, engaging experiences. The Ontario Science Centre is an agency of the Government of Ontario funded in part by the Ontario Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport. As a publicly assisted organization, the Science Centre relies on generous individuals, corporations and foundations who share a commitment to science and education for additional operating support.
Toronto
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“Has changed a lot”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Man this place has changed so much from when I was a kid. They have Imax, dinosaurs and crazy science exhibits that were not around 20..years ago :) This place rocked then and now it rocks even more if you are keen on science!! Love it will visit again.

Visited May 2013

• Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
“WAISTE OF MONEY!!!”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This was the biggest waste of money and time!!! DONT GO!!! lots of broken exhibits and confusing to get around. Half the building was empty of any exhibits or some where just closed. JUST DONT BOTHER GOING!! For two people its almost $50 plus $10 to park. Also if your in a wheelchair so many exhibits you wont be able to see or try. Lots of things have been written on by people with things like "i was here". Lack of staff to help should you need to find your way around or want to ask anything. DONT GO!!!!

Visited September 2013
Ballston Lake
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Four visits, four hits”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I first visited this site in the early seventies while at a convention at Niagara Falls. As a former science teacher I was enthused by the interactive nature of the exhibits.
Several years later,with my wife and two preteen sons, we made it and the Falls, a vacation destination. They loved it. We stayed at the Center for a second day.
In 2004 we took our nine year old granddaughter on the same trip and again were most pleased
This August we repeated the trip with our 13 year old grandson. It was a bit more crowded this time, and a bit harder on older feet, but it was as successful as our earlier trips.

Visited August 2013
Arlington, Virginia
90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Science fun for everyone”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I only spent a few hours during my stay for I didn't expect to be big with several floors. I bought the Toronto City pass and this is one of the attraction. It is full of people visiting the place. There are a lot of puzzles not only for kids but for adults too. I even tried to solve one of the puzzle even when I got home. I wish I had more time. I would recommend a whole day in this attraction.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank clover74
Winnipeg, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great for the kids!”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

So much fun. spent 7 hours in the science center and was so much fun. We started at the back and worked our way forward this worked out really well as the game on exhibit became very busy after we left and there was a wait to get in. The game on exhibit was so fun, so many games to choose from, also showing the kids what we played growing up was funny, they couldn't believe the changes since then. The whole center was just fun and entertaining whilst being educational at the same time. We spent almost 2 hours in the KIDSPARK area, about an hour each side, its very noisy here take a Tylenol with you. The gift shop was great, had little nick knacks, puzzles, books, etc.

Visited August 2013