“For kids, needs updating”

Ontario Science Centre
Ranked #71 of 536 things to do in Toronto
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: An iconic cultural attraction, the Ontario Science Centre is a global leader in lifelong learning, welcoming more than 52 million visitors since opening its doors in 1969. As a convenor of public dialogue on technology, science and society, we provide collaborative experiences, support 21-century learning and spark youth innovation. The Science Centre conceives, designs and builds world-class exhibitions; we are dedicated to community outreach and serve as a vital link in Ontario's innovation and education ecosystems.
Reviewed 22 October 2013

As a kid I loved going to the science centre. Not sure how much I learned about science but it sure was fun. As an adult however, I see that not much has changed. I would still take my kids there as parts of it are like an amusement park. Who knows, maybe a bit of science will creep in by accident. Needs updating, go for your kids, not adults.

2  Thank Saar G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,557)
All reviews
in 71 reviews
"cafeteria"
in 49 reviews

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Although it was on the 'guest map' of Toronto it was quite a distance from Toronto City Centre. We walked for an hour, then hailed a taxi which cost $25 If you know your way round it would be cheaper to get the underground and bus or drive there, but once we got there we really enjoyed our visit, playing with all the hands on experiments..

Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Already visited the rom and the cn tower. So for today we tried the science centre.
From the outside the buiding is a bit of old and a bit of new. The old parts look quite dated now.
The museum is aimed primarily at children and there were hundreds running around, screaming and playing.
A lot of the exhibit was either shut, broken or being renovated. I feel had we been paying the normal amount I would be asking for my money back.
The exhibit was very limited and the space section was really outdated.
Overall a really poor experience. I guess had we taken a child it may have been a slightly better experience.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

The Ontario Science Centre is quite a long way outside the centre of Toronto. I don't think it is that easy to get to on public transport - we had hired a car so drove there. It is a huge place with lots of different floors each with different features. There is a good section for young children with plenty of interactive activities. We spent a couple of hours there but there is probably enough to keep you busy for most of day. I would definitely recommend this for young children, although this museum could be anywhere - there is not much Canadian about it.

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The title kind of says it all-It felt a little outdated and sparse. We did not enjoy our visit to the museum proper, but it was not mainly the fault of the museum itself. It was the fault of the so-called "parents" and their ridiculous children. It pretty much went like this: Child approaches hands-on exhibit. Child grasps any moving part of exhibit and proceeds to smash it repeatedly against non-moving parts of exhibit. Parent either looks on silently or continues to ignore child completely. Child then moves on to next exhibit. Once again, this is not the fault of the museum. One issue that was the fault of the museum, though was the poor food. We did have a nice time in the History of Video Games Exhibition...It's too bad that it's not permanent. We also enjoyed the living earth section.