“Great Location.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #114 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel in October. The location is great, so near the subway station for access to trains to up town, downtown & airport. The hotel is basic but it is clean ,warm & staff are very friendly. Lovely breakfast each morning, plenty of cereal, juices, pastries, fruit & tea or coffee. The hotel is within easy walk to all attractions. Would stay again if I was in Toronto.

Room Tip: I had room at back overlooking the car park and it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nancy C, General Manager at Howard Johnson Hotel Toronto Yorkville, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
I was very pleased to hear your comments on how you enjoyed our location, staff and found our breakfast to have a good selection. We appreciate your business and hope you stay with us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
New Westminster, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

My sisters and I frequently stay at this Howard Johnson when we visit our parents in Toronto. Yes, it is a basic hotel but it has two very important things going for it. First it is a great location, so easy to walk almost anyway or access the subway. But more importantly the staff here are all terrific. I have to mention two in particular, Ali who's on the front desk during the day and Michael who's on the desk at night. Both go out of their way to help you. Both are so pleasant to deal with. Ali was so kind and thoughtful this last trip. He made sure I had a great room with a view and that it would be quiet for sleeping. I know next time I'm in Toronto this is where I'll stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Nancy C, General Manager at Howard Johnson Hotel Toronto Yorkville, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for your review. I do appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge our staff, in particular Ali and Michael. I will certainly share your comments with them. Thanks again, and we hope to be of service to you again very soon.
Co.Kerry
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed for a few days recently in this hotel.
The staff at reception were friendly at all times.
The immediate impression was that the hotel was dated and badly in need of a revamp.
The room was reasonably comfortable, but the decor was dull and shabby.
The window in the room could not be opened.
There was 2 big tables in the breakfast room and we helped ourselves to the continental breakfast.
The lady who was in charge of the dining room ( a lady with glasses and black hair) had no personality and never opened her mouth to interact with the guests.
on the positive side there was tea/coffee facilities available at reception.
We noticed they are applying for planning permission to demolish the hotel and build in the new.
Would we return to this hotel again?
Yes we would when it is re built and brought up to modern standards.
We found the hotel centrally located to everything.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
I was pleased to hear that you found the hotel comfortable and centrally located. As you mentioned, we will be undergoing a complete renovation that will certainly bring the hotel up to date. Thank you for your comments.

Travellers are raving about these Toronto hotels

Chelmsford
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

carpet very dirty
furnishings while need updatind and repair
cleaning under beds and behind headboard abhorrent.
service excellent
needs refrigerators in rooms
staff all very helpful and pleasant
bathroom needs new door knobs.
bed very comfortable and clean, no stainings.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Roberta W
Thank you for your feedback. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed the comfortable clean bed, found the staff helpful and certainly a great location. We will be undergoing a complete renovation in the near future, which will certainly address the carpet and outdated furniture.
Again, thanks for your comments.
Norman
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

There was no hot water in the hotel room I stayed in. I complained to the front desk and they said I just had to run the water longer for it to kick in. I tried explaining that I had just tried showering for over twenty minutes and it still hadn't gotten even warm, but received no help. The money you spend on this place is because it is downtown, definitely not because it's worth the amenities and service.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Nancy C, General Manager at Howard Johnson Hotel Toronto Yorkville, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
My sincere apologies for the hot water issue you encountered while staying with us. We unfortunately, experienced a problem with our boiler that has since been repaired and our hot water is now working fine. Your feedback is much appreciated and we hope you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to Toronto.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

It was my sons first road trip alone with friends..so I was a bit worried...not really familiar with the area as I hadn't been to Toronto in years I really wanted to be sure about the location...The employees I spoke with on the phone were so understanding and helpful... feeling reassured I went ahead and booked a room......The boys had an amazing time and told me the front desk staff was so very kind and helpful...the hotel is in a great location..close to shops and public transport..and the breakfast, of course, was a bonus..we are planning a trip back to Toronto in the very near future, this time the family all together, and we will definitely be booking at this hotel again..Huge thanks to a great staff for making my sons Toronto trip such a pleasant one...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments. I was very pleased to hear your boys had a great trip to Toronto and that we helped you feel at ease. I will be sure to share your thoughts with my team. We hope to be of service to you and your boys again soon.