“Friendly staff and good location”

Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre
Ranked #48 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Stayed here overnight and will do so again when we are in Toronto. The rooms are small but nicely furnished, and the bed was comfortable with choice of pillows. The staff were all very friendly and professional, from front desk to housekeeping to restaurant. As a bonus, the spa located in the hotel was a very nice place for a massage after a day of travel. They did have a couple of computer tech problems (system was rebooting at check in), but the staff were very pleasant and dealt with it efficiently.

Room Tip: We were on the 21st floor and it was fine - there was no noticeable noise from outside, which is say...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 2_kids_will_travel

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights from 10th, found the hotel is in great location, very close to subway station and street car station. Hotel also very close to big supermarkets and the Wellesley Village. Rooms are carefully renovated and good selection of TV channels. Very modern bathroom with all the amenities. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Novesy
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I stayed for 3 night in a double room with breakfast included.

Pros:

-great location, close to subway and all amenities right in the heart of downtown
-great customer service (i.e. they validated 3 hours of free parking because my conference wasn't done until late evening)
-complimentary wi-fi internet
-great breakfast buffet, amazing food with fast and courteous service

Cons:

-room was on the smaller side
-limited amount of parking spaces which can fill up leaving you looking for an alternate location

Overall a great option for a middle of the road hotel with good service and amenities.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank de109
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Nice decor since the renovation, though the rooms have got smaller! But they are well furnished, including a fridge, and very clean and well designed. Good breakfast. One word of caution - if you are in the public washrooms for too long, the lights are on a movement sensor by the door and go out after about a minute leaving you in semi darkness! But a well placed good hotel.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Moshinsky
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We stayed here mid March 2012. I have stayed in many many hotels. This hotel I would not stay in again. First off the check in was super slow as well a the checkout, like 20 minutes or longer! The keys were not working so we had to get the bell hop to let us in to our room, inconvenient! The key problem was solved later on though. The elevators were slow as well. Took me a long time to finally check into the room. The room was down a down a hall and then in a corner within a corner hall. I opened the door to my king executive suite. I was shocked at how small it was . I actually thought there was another room but no that was it. My husband and I could not wait to get out of it , we felt claustrophobic! Tip: The wine glasses (plastic) are in the closet! Usually I find them on the table but I guess they want you to look for them. (I had to go all the way back down to the front counter to find this out!). Breakfast the next morning was crap. I was glad to leave and would not return to this hotel. For the money we paid it was not worth it. I have stayed in cheaper bigger nicer hotels for less.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ruby5965
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Dear ruby5965,

Thank you for your your stay and leaving us feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations received. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 4 May 2012

the rooms are newly renovated, although they are pretty small. Location is great, so close to Dundas square and also universities. My room was clean, but the AC kept pumping cold air into the room although I tried to set it a bit warmer. Also the cover sheet was just a blanket, and with the cold room, it just seemed inadequate.
Front desk staff were friendly but room service lady was not.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank jay z
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I agree with recent reviewers that this hotel offers a great central location with easy access to trams and metro at a reasonable price. The 'downtown' bus service from the airport drops you off at the Chelsea Hotel which is 5-10 minute walk to the hotel. Staff were very helpful and the 24 hour breakfast restaurant directly across the street offers excellent value for money and the Guu Izakaya Japanese 'pub' restaurant, is just around the corner in Church Street although note you can't book a table. The presence of a large Loblaws supermarket 'next door', at the Maple Leaf centre, also provides an 'endless' number of high quality food and drink options both 'eat in' and 'take away', with an 'alcohol' supermarket on Level 1. The room was not large for four adults but was adequate and very clean and the wifi system is free and fast.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family