Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre
Delta Hotels
US$373
US$359
1,674 results
All reviewsmaple leaf gardenscarlton streetcollege subway stationloblaws supermarketeaton centrerooms are smalltoronto downtowngay villageyonge stsmall fridgehigher floorconvenient locationcn towercoffee makerlcboconciergestreetcar
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Getting of the airport bus at the Delta Chelsea and it is an maximum of a 10 minute walk, there is a subway station at the corner of Younge and Carlton there is also a tram stop on Carlton street too, the hotel is clean and has plenty of space at reception, there is a bar that sells food and a Starbucks as well off of reception the Starbucks had only just opened that monday when i stayed. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the beds made for a good nights sleep.
For cost compaired to other hotels in Toronto i would stay again as it was very good value for money and made for a pleasant stay in town.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I have booked a room here when I find a great deal and simply need a place to crash. I have stayed here 3 times over the past 8 months. I prefer it to the Town Inn Suites. It is similar to the Ramada but I enjoy being close to subway and having a fridge in the room. The hotel is often busy. I have waited to check in and waited for elevators. The location of the hotel is ideal as it has everything within a block - liquor store, Loblaws, Bulk Barn, Shoppers Drug Mart, breakfast greasy spoons, coffee shops, College Street subway, movie theatre, convenience store and pubs. It's a nice little area if you wish to take a stroll (major police station is a block away). The rooms are small but have everything you need - including a mini fridge, ironing board/iron, updated washroom with shower only (no tub). There is security present so you do not see much rowdiness from other guests. You need to use the room key to get up the elevators now. My internet connection worked fine. I am totally picky about cleanliness of rooms and I had no issue here. I would recommend the hotel if you are simply looking for an affordable place to crash.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from elevators with little traffic past it as the sounds of hallway are heard in the rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I only stayed here one night but comparing rooms to the Marriot nearby, they were better accessorized (e.g. mini bar), and had a nice shower (both design and usage). It seems they are currently renovating so that might be the reason the room was nice and seemed new.
Being a gold member I received a late checkout without any need to persuade or "beg". Parking was 25$ per night, just 2 $ cheaper than at the Marriot.

I did not try the breakfast so I have no idea how it is...

Overall, I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We booked three rooms for three couples in June for four nights. The location is very good and a reasonable walk to much of everything. The service was very good and the rooms were clean and well represented. Many restaurants, shops, cafes and pubs in close vicinity. We were very pleased with the exception of the elevators. This place accommodated many rooms on twenty-three floors but only has four elevators, and one that was not dependable.We stayed on the 19th floor and had to wait over twenty minutes for an elevator one day and when it arrived, it stopped on almost every floor on the way down, only being to loaded and not able to cram any more bodies onto it. One elevator stopped on the 11th floor and just did not go anywhere from there. We all had to exit and wait for another to the floor.
I don't know if this issue is on going but it prevents me from giving this a better rating and recommending this for a stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Dear Rick K,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are so pleased you liked the room accommodations and service you received. Your comments encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. Please allow us to apologize for the experience you had with our Elevator and any inconvenience the situation may have caused you. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Ontario, Canada.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 16 June 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights . The room was clean but small. It has a refrigerator and a coffeemaker. Their breakfast was good and you get a good deal if you book the hotel with breakfast included. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful.The parking was $25 /day . The location of this hotel was excellent! It is close to restaurants, grocery, shops, pharmacy, theater,bars, convenient store, church....I mean everything.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family