Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre
Average 3/5
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
1,653 results
All reviewsmaple leaf gardenscarlton streetcollege subway stationloblaws supermarketeaton centrerooms are smalltoronto downtowngay villageyonge stsmall fridgehigher floorconvenient locationcn towercoffee makerlcboconciergestreetcar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This hotel is located in the older part of Toronto, just a short walk from the College subway station, which makes it a perfect location for reaching many of the sights that the city has to offer. The rooms are a little smaller than many of the hotels I've been to, but that's likely a result of its central location in an expensive city, but they are beautifully appointed and very comfortable.

The big take away from this visit was the friendliness of the staff - I don't think I have experienced more genuinely caring and attentive service anywhere.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Anthony R
George D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Anthony R,
Thank you very much for reviewing our Hotel on TripAdvisor. We sincerely appreciate your comments and would like to thank you for staying with us. We are well located in the downtown core and very close to many attractions in the city. Thank you and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

It's just okay. I stayed 3 nights, because due to weather my apartment needed emergency renovations. I checked out recently. I'm local, so I'm not in town for sight seeing.

The Good:
All of the staff was incredibly professional and polite. Absolutely no complaints regarding anyone I had dealings with. The lobby as nice.
The room was fine, it's what I expected. Location is great lots of restaurants nearby (which was good, and I'll explain).
The internet was good quality.

The Not So Good:
Despite there being signs in every elevator for the bar, it wasn't open. It was noted as being closed for renovations, however there looked to be no evidence of construction. It just looked like it was closed, which given that this is dead of winter and not exactly tourist season it would make sense. The other restaurant was the attempt at a fancier restaurant. I ate dinner there once. While not extravagantly priced on paper, a couple dollars higher than a non-hotel restaurant, the dish I received was tasty, I enjoyed eating it, was not worth the price (even when factoring in a hotel mark up, $24+tip for a small plate of spaghetti and a bottle of beer). After the dinner the previous night I didn't bother with breakfast there, there are 4 or 5 breakfast places within 5-10 minutes on foot
My other issues were minor, the binder listed lots of TV channels, I only got about 2/3 of them at most, and they were poor quality, as if there was a single non-digital box and the just had a bunch of splitter going directly to the TVs (I was in 2 different rooms during the stay, it was the same in both).
The other truly bizarre thing was the elevators, if on a guest floor you have no way of going up. The ice and vending machines seemed to be on even floors. I stayed on a higher floor (21), ended up going to floor 18 (because it had a machine that sold soda as opposed to juice and vitamin water). To get back up to the 21st floor, I had to take the elevator down to the 6th floor, get off and then get back on a different elevator, because none of the floors above 6 had UP buttons. I only figured this out because when my elevator when down 6 floors, and a staff member got on and explained the situation.

So to sum it all up.
Staff is delightful, rooms are fine, restaurant mediocre, TV limited, elevators are frustrating

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Jason J
George D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Jason J,
Thank you very much for posting a review on Tripadvisor. We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We are very proud of our staff and the service they all deliver to our guests. We sincerely appreciate your time reviewing our location and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

The rooms are clean and nice. The room was a bit small for a family. The water in the pool is nice and warm. We got woke up in the middle of the night by all the party people coming back from downtown. There are many good place to eat close by. There is also an LCBO very close.

Stayed: December 2013

Dear Ponchoooo,
Thank you very much for posting a review on Tripadvisor. We are very happy to hear that you had a great stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your comments and would like to thank you for staying with us. Once again, thank you and look forward to your next visit to Toronto.

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel to find we didn't know where to park for check in so circled the block and happened on the hotel parking garage. After that frustration, we found very friendly staff upon check in, and the room was attractive and clean, but crowded for three people. We could see the CN Tower from our window, which was nice. Good location in walking distance of some restaurants, subway, and large Loblaws grocery.

• Stayed: August 2013
George D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Tag1126,
Thank you very much for posting a review on Tripadvisor. We are very pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your comments and would like to thank you for staying with us. We are very well located to many attractions in Toronto. Once again, thank you and look forward to your next visit to Toronto.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Together with my partner, we stayed at this place temporary 2 nights for Sat and Sun in Oct. We felt good with our time there. The inn totally renovated. Staffs with their well care to customers. Lobby always look so cool fresh and clean with a lot of places to sit and relax

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
George D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear yogi25,
Thank you very much for posting a review on Tripadvisor. We are very pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your comments and would like to thank you for staying with us. We look forward to your next visit to Toronto.