“Good location and comfy room”

Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre
Ranked #48 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
“Good location and comfy room”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The hotel was at a good location as we were walking from the bus terminal and it was just a few blocks down. There is a movie theatre a few shops down and there are loads of places for you to grab a bite or your morning breakfast, although we usually just go to the Starbucks right below the hotel. There is a subway station nearby but we did not take it as we just walked around ourselves. The room was a bit squeezy but really comfy! Beds were nice and toilet was clean. Staff was helpful when we enquired about Niagara falls tour and the souvenir shop was quite affordable too. Nice lobby and maintained my good impression of the Holiday Inn chain

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
George D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Charlottetown
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Rooms were clean, and nicely decorated. Super convenient location! Subway station on the same block, minutes to everywhere and the staff were really friendly. Would def stay there again! Only minor comment was the hallway was way too warm, but that's very minor!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ihearttravelalot
Ihearttravelalot, thank you for your kind review!

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay, and were able to take advantage of our fantastic location and proximity to the College Subway Station.

We hope to see you again soon!
Ottawa, ON
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This hotel is in a great location, and I got the room at a reasonable price online. Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to visit the pool, gym, or on site restaurant/lounge. Overall, I would stay at this hotel again for the same price I paid.

Things I liked:
- Location!
- Great price!
- Clean room
- Key access system for the elevator and room; just wave the key in front of the sensors and 'open sesame'!
- I had very little interaction, but the brief encounters with staff were pleasant
- In & out privileges included with parking
- Free wi-fi
- Mini fridge in the room (and no mini-bar, which made more room for my things)
- All amenities are close by
- The Neil Young art in the room was really nice!

Things I didn't care for:
- For some reason, the bedside clock was set 25 minutes behind the actual time
- Maid knocking on the door at 8:30AM on a Saturday to make up my room
- The room (and bath room) were quite small, which required co-ordination in order to access the closet, store my baggage, or use the desk for working. I could not imagine a large person moving around comfortably in the room I stayed in.
- The beds were comfy, but I found the pillows too thick; I woke up each morning with a kink in my neck
- 25$ parking / day
- My room was right outside the elevator area for my floor and it was easy to hear what was going on outside the door (and I am sure anyone could hear noises coming from inside the room)
- The paint on the ceiling in the shower was peeling due to the humidity...a little bit of attention is required

Room Tip: Don't get a room too close to the elevator!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you dpjr, for taking the time to write a review.

Our elevator key access system is a security feature we put in place about a year ago, and we've received very positive feedback from our guests.

At the beginning of the year, we replaced all of our king sized pillows, and last week we received a shipment of new pillows for all of the double bedded guestrooms as well. We hope you'll find the new pillows more comfortable.

Once again, thank you for your review, and we hope to see you again soon!
london, ontario, canada
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This is a fine hotel. Terrific location near the subway..Lots of bars and restaurants. Good service at the desk and by the bellman. Rooms were well-appointed and updated.

I stayed here in early March in a rear room on the 10th floor. This time I had a room on the 3rd floor facing the street.. A bit of street noise but an incessant hum from either a restaurant or swimming pool fan.

But for that Hum, I'd have given it 5 circles.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
George D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you Bearvest for you wonderful review. I'm glad to hear about your positive experience with our Front Office staff, and am happy to share your comments with them.

I will have our Director of Engineering investigate the humming noise you heard during your stay. The next time you stay with us, we want that fifth circle!

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

I was disgusted by the staff at the front desk at this hotel. Being a Front office employee for an IHG hotel, I was floored by the hotels front office team. The girl at the front desk was rude and cold. They had cancelled my reservation after 6oclock, I understand the policy but it was 6:15 and they had no rooms left apparently. They didn't offer an apology or anything. The girl didn't even look me in the eye one time during the whole process. She just ran to the back office to grab the manager on duty who also wasn't so sure of the policy and couldn't really any offer any explanation. No one really seemed to know what they were doing. Their answer was "oh well" they told me to wait while they made another reservation at a different hotel, we waited 15 mins for the actual manager to come out who said, "would you like me to make you a reservation somewhere else?" Even though we were told that's what he was doing. He finally did and then couldn't even give me an address to where I was going he just kept looking at me like I should know how to get there even though I'm from out of the country and he could see that looking at my address. From top to bottom this staff needs to get it together. They had a line of about 12 people for check in at one point and only one agent doing check ins. All the staff seemed helter skelter and not confident. I would not recommend or ever come back! BEWARE: they don't take cash at all and they will mischarge your card. I am still dealing with the international fees of over authorization.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Morgan T
Thank you Morgan T for your comments regarding your experience with our Front Desk team.

I'm sorry to hear we were not able to accommodate you during your stay to Toronto. I would like the opportunity to discuss this with you further, and help to correct the problems with your credit card. Please contact me at g.desilva@hitorontodowntown.ca.

Once again, thank you for your time, and I hope to hear from you soon.
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

I can't believe what I got. I'm a platinum member. Reserved a king bed. Received twins. Slept in a room that was 91 degrees. Complained twice and nothing. NEVER STAY HERE. U can complain but nothing will help. Go elsewhere

Stayed March 2014
Jim S., thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.

I'm sorry to hear we fell short of your expectations, especially considering your Platinum status and loyalty to Holiday Inn.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to follow up on your comments with the appropriate departments, and rectify the situation for you, by contacting us at frontdesk@hitorontodown.ca, and providing us with your name, arrival date, and any additional comments you may have.

Once again, thank you for your comments, and we sincerely apologize for your experience.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Pros:
Excellent Location, its near EVERYTHING.
Souvenir shop & Starbucks are inside the hotel.
Very clean rooms

Cons:
expensive
takes time to check in
staff aren't very professional, they're friendly though. sometimes theyre not on their desk. when we left, we asked for a taxi, so he calls for one but when the taxi arrived he did not bother telling us that it was outside and didnt even help us with our bags.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
George D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear hamdasushi,
Thank you very much for posting a review on Tripadvisor. Please accept our most sincere apologies regarding the discomfort with our services. Your comments are very important and they will definitely help us to improve some areas. We are very sad to hear that we did not meet your expectations completely and we would like to see you coming back. Once again, thank you for your business.