“Great location”

Ranked #52 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
London, United Kingdom
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I spent 4 nights here with my wife earlier this month. We were looking for a cheap city break and the price is quite reasonable. The hotel itself could definitely do with a bit of updating but it was clean and for the price was acceptable. The location however is fantastic, right in the centre of things, near shopping district, near transport etc although we walked most places as it was so close to everything. Good budget accommodation.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AndrewAdventurer
George D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
AndrewAdventurer, we're so glad to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope the weather cooperated with you on your walking trip around Toronto, and hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Gatineau
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Bed bug bites on me and my daughter. Hotel steamed clothing but offered no compensation for lost morning waiting for clothes or inconvenience Managers thought they helped by trying to ensure I went home with no bugs

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Louise1969caa
Louise1969caa, thank you for bringing this to our attention.
We take these issues very seriously, and called an outside pest control company to perform an inspection of your room.
Rest assured, they found no traces of bed bugs in your room.
Thank you for staying with us.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel a little tired and in need of updating. We had a small room and the hotel corridors not designed for lots of bags or wheelchairs !
Good location in the middle of town, access to local transport. Room needed some decorating but generally clean and tidy.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank 18Kel
18Kel, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
We have forwarded your comments regarding the updates to our Director of Engineering and Housekeeping to incorporate into their preventative maintenance plans.
We're glad to hear you were able to take advantage of our great location, and that you found our rooms to be clean and tidy.
Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again soon!
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Had a quick 3 day stop over in TO and wanted a reasonably priced hotel close to the action. The Holiday Inn fit the bill. Check in was smooth and staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were good sized and clean. I think the hotel recently had a reno done so rooms were also in good condition. The only compaint I had was the availability of Hot water - it was very sporadic and it didn't seem to matter what time of day, it was difficult to get hot water for the entire 5-7 min showers. Air conditions worked well and were pretty quite. All in all, a good hotel for those quick trips.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
smyzzz, thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Our hotel underwent a $24 million dollar renovation in 2010/2011, and we're glad to hear you felt the rooms were clean and comfortable during your stay.
We're sorry to hear you had an issue with your hot water. We've forwarded your comments to our Director of Engineering to investigate. However, if you would like to contact us directly to provide your room number, it would be of great assistance.
Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed here for a quick trip to Toronto to visit the Hockey Hall of Fame. I wasn't sure how I was going to get to the hotel from the Pearson airport. I took the Toronto Airport Express which dropped me off at the Eaton (Delta) Chelsea and walked about 5 minutes to the hotel.

Hotel has a nice lobby, concierge and check in area. AH-Mazing staff. I was checked-in by Nellie. He was very professional, courteous and extremely helpful. He ended our interaction with a big smile to send me on my way. After an overnight flight and a 1.5hr commute from the airport going thru traffic, it was nice to start off my day with that smile.

The rooms are small. I got a room with two double beds and there was maybe a 2-3 feet from the foot of the the beds to the wall. On the 19th floor the view was great, even if it was just other high-rise buildings. But honestly, I didn't mind the size. I was barely in my room during my trip. I was only there to drop off my shopping items, pick up a sweater and sleep. My only real complaint about the room is the doors slam close. It would make it even better if they could maybe get those soft close doors that wouldn't slam.

The bathroom looks like it was recently remodeled. No tub. The only place to put your toiletries in the shower that was higher than your waist was a small soap dish. And really, all you could fit was a bar of soap and 2-3 small travel sized bottles.

The beds were comfortable. Each bed had four pillows, with two types of pillows: two firm pillows and two fluffy, or soft, pillows. Wi-Fi password is supplied to you at check in and I found the connection fast.

The hotel is very close to the subway station on College (Carlton turns into College St at Yonge St) & Yonge St. I used the subway initially to get around, but I found that all the places I wanted to visit (Hockey Hall of Fame, St. Lawrence Market, CN Tower, Eaton Centre, Yonge & Dundas were all within walking distance. If you get an all-day subway pass (approx 11$C) you can use it for 24hrs unlimited.

There are lots of places to eat surrounding the hotel itself. And there's even a movie theater next door. There's also two restaurants and a Starbucks in the hotel, if you're so inclined (There's a Tim Horton's in the College Park Shops building on the corner of College & Yonge St)

Overall, I really liked the hotel. I thought it was priced well for it's location. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to any of my friends travelling to Toronto.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor, away from the elevators.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
ncn1974, thank you for your "Ah-Mazing" review. We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and that our staff was able to make you feel welcome during your visit.
We're looking forward to sharing your comments with our staff at our upcoming pot-luck lunch!
Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon! (and maybe win the Stanley Cup this year...yeah, right.)
Timmins, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a recent 5 day holiday trip with the wife and son. From the early check-in to the free late checkout, this place was great. Clean small room on the 19th floor was perfect. My son enjoyed the pool. Everything was close and so conveniently accessed, this will be my go to hotel in the future!!

Stayed July 2014
George D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Valued guest,
Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor. We are very happy to see that you have enjoyed your trip with your family at our Hotel. We continue to improve our services and we are extremely happy to hear we have met your expectations. We are located very close to many important venues in the city, restaurants, subway stations and we appreciate you have selected our Hotel for your visit. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.
Needville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel recently while attending a convention. It is located close to subways, buses, restaurants, and shopping. The beds were comfortable and the pillows great. This was by far the best sleeping we have had in a long time at a hotel. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank WOW1023
George D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
We sincerely appreciate your comments via Tripadvisor. We are extremely pleased to hear that we have met your expectations while you were visiting Toronto with your friends. We will definitely share your comments with the Hotel staff to motivate them for the continuing hard work they put on a daily basis. Once again, thank you for choosing us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.