Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre
US$330
US$301
  • Breakfast included
1,675 results
All reviewsmaple leaf gardenscarlton streetcollege subway stationloblaws supermarketeaton centrerooms are smalltoronto downtowngay villageyonge stsmall fridgehigher floorconvenient locationcn towercoffee makerlcboconciergestreetcar
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed two nights at the Holiday Inn at 30 Carlton Street, Toronto, Ontario. The employees were polite and welcoming. I even spoke to a maid in the hall, and she was very friendly.

Unfortunately, the first night’s stay was horrendous. We finally arrived at the room (room 329), and all we could smell was either cat pee or mould. The smell almost made me sick. The bathroom seemed fine. The bathroom door that slid from side to side was unhinged on the bottom.

The air conditioner was not on, or working properly. The way the vent was positioned meant that the air would basically travel right to the floor, not fill the room. As a result, my father became quite cold in his bed (in summer) because the downward blast of the air was somewhat concentrated on him. My mother and I, in the next bed, were sweltering.

There were stains and marks on the wall, stains on the top blanket of one of the beds. I didn’t even want to think that there were probably bed bugs. The hotel was completely booked that night, so nothing could be done. Luckily we were able to switch rooms for the following night, due to the prompt service of one of the front desk agents. She also gave us free breakfast vouchers.

I noticed that the hallways also had a strange smell. I am not sure that the ventilation system is working properly.

I assume that the Holiday Inn makes enough money so that problems such as these can be fixed. I would suggest a proper task of checking the ventilation system of the entire building. Room 329 needs to be closed for a complete overhaul of repair. I would venture to say that I will not stay at any Holiday Inn again, unless there are VAST improvements.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
George D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you for your review, we're very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay.

Thank you for being so specific in your comments, and providing your room number in your review. We've forwarded your review to our Director of Housekeeping and Director of Engineering. The information you've provided will be very helpful in isolating and correcting the issues with room 329.

We sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your visit, and appreciate the opportunity to improve our room quality.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed her on August 21, 2014 with three teenage kids. We had a double bed room but the room was ridiculously small, we were bumping into each other. Check in staff were very good. For the price you can get a much bigger room else where in the downtown Toronto core.

1  Thank Gaber837
George D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you Gaber837 for your review. We're sorry to hear you and your family were uncomfortable in your room, and would like to apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused during your trip.

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Early check and clean room . Very helpful with helping me with direction to my appointment . Also I stayed in July 12 with my family and my son love the pool . I love that it close to everything . Winners store Fran s dinner shoppers drug mart Cora across the street and of the president choice store in old maple leaf gardens and 10 mintute walk from eaton centre

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Amanda S

Thank you for your wonderful review. We're happy you and your family enjoyed your stay, and had an opportunity to visit some of the great shopping and restaurants in the neighbourhood.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Only spent two nights here. My husband used the pool each morning. Very centrally located. Nice suprise with Open Streets Toronto on Sunday am. Loved being able to walk around on the street. Did not use the restaurant this visit.

Room Tip: We were at the back of the hotel this time, It was quieter than the front which is where we stayed on our last visit
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

KatandTom, welcome back and thank you for staying with us. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Please let us know that you prefer a room at the rear of the hotel, and we can add a note to your profile for any upcoming stays. We'll do our utmost to honour your request.

Thank you for your review, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed a couple of nights.
Room very small as had 2 suitcases and holdall: hardly any floor space left without falling over something.
Some service a bit weak: the Bell-man was in Reception - not at the roadside. So, arriving by cab with all the bags above: not much assistance or a trolley around.
Corridors looked bland/dull.
Didn't use restaurant or pool.

• Stayed: August 2014

Tedfordian, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We've forwarded your comments regarding the bellman to our Director of Guest Services to review our service expecations with the bell staff.