“Good comfort”

Ranked #122 of 133 Hotels in Toronto
brampton
“Good comfort”
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Came early then the check inn time, but the hotel managment allowed me to check inn with out any charges. Room was bright and clean, though i asked for the baby crib but could get it.
Breakfast was open only till 10:00am, so i missed that. Other then that stay was good and the price was right.

Room Tip: Dont be late for the breakfast, they close the door 5 min before 10:00am
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank neeru b
Ashfa C, Manager at Toronto Plaza Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 1 February 2013
Thank you Neeru for your review on the Toronto Plaza Hotel. We are glad to hear that your stay went well and hope to see you back soon. We will make sure next time the breakfast closes at 10am and not 5 minutes before. Again we thank you for your positive feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 25 January 2013

My daughters and I had a very nice, comfortable and wonderful weekend staying in this hotel. The staff was very helpful and always ready to assist.
It's in very close proximity to places we wanted to go such as Yorkdale Mall. We had a good time at the pool and sauna. Overall I am very satisfied with the quality of our stay at Toronto Plaza Hotel. I'll greatly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The building closer to the front lobby has large, bright and very clean rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Asm3213
Ashfa C, Manager at Toronto Plaza Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
Dear ASM3213,
Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts about the Toronto Plaza Hotel. We are happy the your stay went well. We would love to see you back again!
Toronto
Reviewed 25 January 2013

My experience is based off of being a short term rental over a few months, not just a few nights.

The good points:
Friendly, helpful staff that helped my husband and I get acquainted with Toronto when we moved here from Sudbury. They were also very patient with our one hundred million requests over the course our stay. All I can say is that they made every effort to make us not just feel welcome in a temporary living situation but at home as as comfortable as they realistically could with the resources at hand. Let's face it - it's still a hotel lacking a few things that would make it viable for long term living.

The price was also fantastic and took the sting from the expensive move.

The amenities... not just in the hotel but also in the general area! Everything is here, while decidedly also 2-3 star, but very convenient. Everything we would, or could, need was close by. The amenities in the hotel are also great. Salt water pool, gym area - while modest extremely useful - sauna, two restaurants with very friendly staff in each, concierge service and business center for getting work done, complete with fax services. Free, if public, wifi for use by your laptop in your room or anywhere else on the premises and free parking if a guest in the hotel during our stay. In the area was not one, but two coffee shops (a Country Style and a Coffee Time), a full shopping mall with major chains and some interesting independents, a large strip mall with more shopping and services. A walk-in clinic... all in walking distance. The TTC goes by every 5 minutes in each direction... need I go on?

Conference center on site - full service one too from what I seen. Not a big one like where they hold Anime North, but big enough for a large wedding or small profession based conference.

The beds are really comfy - as in the kind of mattress that if one person moves you have no idea they did. Or if you move, your partner isn't disturbed. And comfy. As in I had no issues falling asleep. Their beds were better than mine and I can tell you I didn't buy a cheap bed and I didn't buy the first one I found but ran around town laying on mattresses until I found the one that passed muster. And they found better. I never slept so well. And if they say it's a Queen... it can't be. I have a queen and the beds were bigger. I'd like to see what they consider King size...

The Bad

It's obvious that the hotel has seen better days. Just thankfully not immediately obvious, if you're meeting colleagues from work in the public areas downstairs or in the restaurant open in the afternoon.

No "good" coffee. There is great never-ending coffee in the breakfast bar open in the morning, as well as simple breakfast fare but if you're expecting something along the line of a Starbucks or Second Cup - or similar - forget it. And unfortunately there isn't anything like that in the immediate area. If someone were savvy enough they could easily turn that breakfast bar into something like that and probably make a killing... and the machine they have in the lobby doesn't count :P

The restaurant's open hours don't overlap. There is an hour or two of "dead time" while both are closed between 10am and noon.

Rooms are in need of renovation and repair work, but they do keep them very clean and fresh. Yes, we had to put our garbage in the hall for pick-up, and it would be better if they had a more discreet area for this or a bin that closes and hides the truth of what's in it away from those walking by.

Technology in rooms is very, very dated. The TV we were given in our room was an old "tube" TV with a broken remote and broken controls on the set. Considering we were not staying for only a few nights we requested that the TV be removed and we brought our own out of storage. The wifi, when you have signal, is fast. Unfortunately more often than not I had to rely on my Rogers Rocket Stick from work because the wifi would cut in and out constantly. The cable also had a bad connection and was always fuzzy, even after we replaced the TV and we had no HD channels. Just bare analog basics. Some of the plug-ins in the room were "dead" and didn't work. The most annoying for my husband and I was the bathroom plug being off and not being able to use his shaver or my hair blower.

Noise - there is no sound proofing between rooms. We heard some interesting events and conversations...

Room Tip: If you're staying longer than a few nights, request a room that only has ONE bed as a room with...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank komiiro
Thank you komiiro for the detailed comments on tripadvisor. We really apprieciate you taking the time to express your true feelings of what it was like for not just one day but for an extended period of time. The Toronto Plaza Hotel management will definitely make use of your feedback and try to make improvements where possible. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon!
Newmarket, Canada
Reviewed 22 January 2013

My husband and I had a really nice time. My room was clean and the staff were very kind. The hotel is surrounded by lots of amenities and the shuttle bus was really convenient. I would definitely recommend this hotel to other travellers. There was an onsite restaurant that had great pizza, which stayed open till late at night. The breakfast was okay considering the price.

Room Tip: The pool is salt water, don't forget to use it
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank moaaz s
It brings great pleasure to us here at the Toronto Plaza Hotel, to know that a customer has walked away happy. The staff go through great lengths to try and give the customers what they want and have a feeling of pride knowing that they have done their job right. We definitely hope to see you back soon in the near future!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Front desk Staff and management are indifferent, unpolish and unprofessional. Room service is irregular. Spent a week here bath tub/toliet had not been cleaned once. We had to put our garbage in the hall for pick-up. No where near the airport. Furniture was broken. Continential breakfast was toast,butter, jam, coffee,cereal and juice. On some days you may get an apple. Guy in restaurant very very nice. Multiple Calls at 10 pm at night from front desk to extend visits.
Not suited to business travellers at ALL.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Ashfa C, Manager at Toronto Plaza Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 23 January 2013
Dear CVSB, It was unfortunate your stay did not go well. There may have been some miscommunication during your stay. Rooms are cleaned on a daily basis and only by request, Room Attendants, will not clean the rooms. The Toronto Plaza is proud to say that rates have been kept very low, therefore, if requested with a minimum fee breakfast can be upgraded to a variety of items that are on the menu. We apologise for your experience and hope you would still consider Toronto Plaza at such a great rate.
Hannover
Reviewed 22 December 2012

Good connections by bus. Mall, stores and restaurants close to the hotel. Rooms were cleaned daily. It was not crowded at all so it was not loud by cars or people. I am going to stay there a second time this year cause it is a good price even when the breakfast is not pretty much but you can still order a nice meal for some dollars so it is fresh at the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julianheinecke
Thank you Julianheinecke for your comments on the Toronto Plaza Hotel. We are pleased that your stay went well. We hope to see you back soon!!
Reviewed 18 December 2012

We had been too this hotel before the name change and figured it would still be a decent place, boy we were wrong. The bathroom was dirty the tub was disgusting and our towels were uncleanef and obviously previously used. The topping on the cake was when we went to sleep and I found a roach crawling down my bed!!! I couldn't believe it! I told front desk and the man was so generous to give a $15 reduction on the price, $15 didn't not come close too the amount of time and washing all my things went through too make sure I didn't bring roaches home. I do not recommend this hotel the location can be tempting but in the end sleeping in filth and with critters is not worth it.

• Stayed December 2012
4 Thank Ukmuffins
Ashfa C, Manager at Toronto Plaza Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
We apologise for your poor experience and hope that you may reconsider coming back and surely we can try to accomodate you the best we can.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East
Woodbine Hotel & Suites
Woodbine Hotel & Suites
#104 of 133 in Toronto
Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport

Been to Toronto Plaza Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!