“Dont Do it !! ITS AWFUL!!”

Toronto Plaza Airport Hotel
Ranked #122 of 134 Hotels in Toronto
Fort Knox, Kentucky
“Dont Do it !! ITS AWFUL!!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The staff is not helpful the hotel stinks and is falling apart! I was mislead from reviews and booked it online I was so mad once I got to the Hotel. I tried to go else where but they werent going to refund my money and with it being easter weekend it wasnt going to be cheap or easy to find another room so I stayed with my family... I should have stayed in our car!! The halls were filled with pot smoke it was comming in our rooms, Drunks all over, police escorting people out. Some guy peeing by the trash cans in clear public view. Disgusting!! The free breakfast isnt really free unless you want to eat watered down oatmeal or toast. Anything else was a charge. oh and if you do stay here dont use the elevator A guy was stuck in the elevatoe for almost two hours by the time we were leaving and the repair man was just arriving. And sadly this wasnt the first person stuck in the elevator in the time we were there. We had to carry our large bags down 3 flights of stairs in was the worst experience! The pool also was closed by the health department and the gym doesnt have any functioning equipment.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Bartlettswife

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Hotel fine. No probs
Massive clean rooms. Windows open. Big comfy beds. Big choice breakfast. Friendly staff. Near bus stops to subway station. Opposite sheridan mall and supermarkets. Clean pool. Stay here its fine. Enjoy.

• Stayed October 2013
Ashfa C, Manager at Toronto Plaza Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thanks Bevsuz for you kind remarks, we hope you visit us again in the near future.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stayed at the Toronto Plaza Airport Hotel for a conference. The rooms are fairly standard and comparable to other Hotels and the bed was comfortable. The decor was rather tired though and I missed not having a fridge in the room. The hotel is in a good location for the airport shuttle bus drops off near the Airport.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thanks Adnan for the kind remarks, we hope you come back and visit us again some time in the near future!
Sarnia
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Stayed at both ends of the park & fly package.What a mistake.The first night was not horrible,but not good either.We went for food,but people were arguing with the waitress over the food and their liquor license was suspended,so we went down the street to eat.The hallways are dark and dungy with people roaming them all night.The shuttle was good both coming and going.The night we returned at 3am our room was filthy.The carpet was heavily stained and looked like it hadn't seen a vacuum in a long time.It was very noisy with people opening and closing doors all night.At 7 am we couldn't take it any more and left.If it wasn't such a good price for the park stay and fly package I would have been real angry.The worst part was listening to wifey all the way home about how stupid I was.I could not blame her as I felt the same way.In this case saving a few bucks was definitly not worth it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lastshanks
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I always knew you get what you pay, however I never expected that on my second day in this hotel, a man knocked the door and before I was able to get to it he just opened it and get inside, excusing himself by saying , in a very rude way, that they called me the whole day and nobody was there. Of course I wasn't, but I came more than an hour before this absolutely inexcusable invasion of my privacy, and nobody called. I'm a woman and I was alone, I almost got a heart attack, specially because the neighborhood is one of the most dangerous one in Toronto. When I complained the manager apologized on his behalf, I felt so humiliated. My question was why nobody called to the room right before getting in?. Absolutely freaky. Please don't stay at this hotel for your own safety and peace of mind.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank MarcelaM698
Cardinal, Canada
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed both going on vacation and on return
The hotel was a very nice one in its day but it needs a lot of updates and cleaning
There is no ice makers or glass glasses,no working vending machines old tv sand next to no internet
The hotel restaurant is a small private owned one not very impressive but I did not try it so I cannot comment on it
Hotel is in an older part of the city that does not have much in the line of fine dinning

But the hotel does have very comfortable beds , dark curtains , in a quiet area and does have a 24 hr airport shuttle

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank dale31o358
Thank you for you review and we are respectfully accept your remarks. We hope to improve the areas that are of concern. We hope you do come back to visit us in the future. Take care.
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Do not stay here! The hotel is run down and nasty! do yourself a favour and pay for a decent place to stay. The room was disgusting, the bed linens looked filthy! The front desk attendant was miserable. We stayed here for the park and fly, and waited an hour and 10 minutes at C22 for the shuttle. from the time I first called the Hotel for the shuttle to the time we actually got back to our vehicle and hour and forty minutes had passed! Do yourself a favour and pay more, and start and finish your holiday off right. I wouldn't stay at this hotel ever again, not even for free!

Room Tip: I don't think that there is a "good room" at this hotel