“Never again”

Ranked #122 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Buffalo, New York
“Never again”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Noisy...nasty...smelly...why would I ever stay there again...we did once as we were flying out the next morning but surprise.....the airport wasn't nearby as advertised. Nothing was as advertised. I'd rather sleep in the car.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank elstph
Ashfa C, Manager at Toronto Plaza Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Hi Esltph,
We apologize for the unfortunate experience. Wish you the best of luck!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
North Port, Florida, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Close to airport. They also have a shuttle. Cab from the airport was around $30 flat rate. Reasonable food within walking distance.

Hotel is clean and well maintained. Staff was great. No complaints here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Dean T
Ashfa C, Manager at Toronto Plaza Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you Dean for you review! Hope you come back to visit us again!
Owen Sound, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stayed at this location as it was close to where I needed to be the next day. I agree with many of the things written about this location. The good things are the price is inexpensive, the rooms are reasonably clean, and it is location is easy to get to.
The cons are that this location is in need a of a spruce up - cracked tiles, dated decor, and the television in my room was rather old. Almost each time I passed by the front desk someone was complaining about something or the staff were complaining about the complaints.
This place will work for you only if you are looking for an inexpensive option in this location and you can accept the above. I will likely not stay at this location again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Yes, we are an inexpensive hotel. We have tried to keep the prices low and hope to maintain a good level of quality. We will look into the issues that you have raised and will make sure such matters do not exist.
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Our Sleep park and fly experience. We have done this on all vacations, just because it makes it a lot easier for parking and you can’t get stuck in traffic for hours. We have never been disappointed until now. Our vacation was on short notice so rooms were all booked up at our usual hotels. The first thing we found was The Toronto Plaza Hotel for just under $100.00. BIG TIP: Don’t ever go there!!!! The rooms were disgusting. We were afraid to sleep in the beds. First thing we did was check for bed bugs and to our surprise did not find any. It is also a hotel that rents out longer terms (people actually live there). There were drug deals happening in the parking lot. People wandering the halls all night. A generally unsafe place to be. There were ice machines that you had to pay for ice but these were out of order. If it wasn’t for the fact that I needed to leave my car there and wanted it to be there when I returned, I would have went running out of there (yes it was there when I returned lol)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cookiemagil
We are looking into your concerns and hope to rectify the problem.
Fort Knox, Kentucky
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The staff is not helpful the hotel stinks and is falling apart! I was mislead from reviews and booked it online I was so mad once I got to the Hotel. I tried to go else where but they werent going to refund my money and with it being easter weekend it wasnt going to be cheap or easy to find another room so I stayed with my family... I should have stayed in our car!! The halls were filled with pot smoke it was comming in our rooms, Drunks all over, police escorting people out. Some guy peeing by the trash cans in clear public view. Disgusting!! The free breakfast isnt really free unless you want to eat watered down oatmeal or toast. Anything else was a charge. oh and if you do stay here dont use the elevator A guy was stuck in the elevatoe for almost two hours by the time we were leaving and the repair man was just arriving. And sadly this wasnt the first person stuck in the elevator in the time we were there. We had to carry our large bags down 3 flights of stairs in was the worst experience! The pool also was closed by the health department and the gym doesnt have any functioning equipment.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Bartlettswife
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Hotel fine. No probs
Massive clean rooms. Windows open. Big comfy beds. Big choice breakfast. Friendly staff. Near bus stops to subway station. Opposite sheridan mall and supermarkets. Clean pool. Stay here its fine. Enjoy.

• Stayed October 2013
Thanks Bevsuz for you kind remarks, we hope you visit us again in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East
Canadas Best Value Inn Toronto
Woodbine Hotel & Suites
Woodbine Hotel & Suites
#106 of 136 in Toronto

Been to Toronto Plaza Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!