“While the cost was considerably less than the average GTA...”
Review of Edward Hotel

Edward Hotel
Ranked #116 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 4 December 2013

While the cost was considerably less than the average GTA hotel, the condition of the room and hotel was quite shabby.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul M
There are newer reviews for Edward Hotel

Reviewed 3 December 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I had a horrible time at that hotel, first off, the guest service agent told me to take bus 24A from Donmills station. I found out that bus doenst run on weekend, and I called to ask them how to get there, and the agent wasnt so helpful, She cant even find where I am on google map when I said im right at the leith hill and donmills intersection!!

when I was checking in I had this chinese guy checking me in, and he had no expressions on his face, he asked me if i am over 21 as soon as he see me, i said i am, and gave my drivers licence, and he asked me how many ppl will be in the room so I said 4, and he said it will b $20 extra per person, I told him 2 of my friends are leaving at like 12 or so, and he said if they come after 10 they will b considered as staying in the hotel,so I said i will talk to my friends and let him know. ( I told him my friends work dont finish until 10, he didnt care)

unfortunately my friends couldnt even visit me and my other friends there, I lost my purpose of booking my hotel there since I booked that hotel just to see my friend at that location.

and that day I did express check out, so I didnt get my receipt, and so I just call the hotel to see how much i got charged, and the Night Audit guy is super lazy that he told me to call back in the morning.

I work as a NIGHT AUDITOR AND FRONT DESK AGENT at another hotel!!

FIRST OFF I know night auditors can find the rate of how much gst paid
SECOND I can find the directions on google map although I have no knowledge about the place since I am not driving
THIRD Guest service agent should not act like that guy who checked me in, he should be friendly, I think he is the manager, but if he is the manager he should act like that at all!!

OTHER WISE, their hotel is in really good condition I felt like im in 4 star hotel. CHANGE YOUR STAFF MEMEBER!!!

Room Tip: dont book this hotel if you dont wanna get ripped off and get horrible service
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Eunhae J
Reviewed 1 December 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Asked for a renovated room upon check in, and it was new and clean. Other areas of the hotel looked old and worn, but it was obvious that renovations were in progress.

Free internet at business center was nice and kept me entertained.

The neighborhood seemed safe for walking. We did venture out several times.

During the stay, I was unhappy with the location which was so far from downtown. But, now that I think back on the trip, we had a good time exploring the neighborhood. Went to a really nice pub, Willie Stouts. People there were so friendly, and the food was great. That pub was our best memory of the weekend in Toronto.

We did use the subway to go downtown, and that was also a good experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Don Valley Parkway.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple