“Extremely dirty, old and small”

Travelodge Toronto East
Ranked #121 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 26 September 2012

The room was the filthiest room I have ever stayed in. things were falling apart. We got 3 lumpy standard size pillows for a king size bed. We have stayed at much nicer hotels for the same price. Check in was smooth... That's the only positive thing I can say. Shoeless joes is attached. The food is mediocre, priced too high for what you get and the service was poor. Severs squish their bodies into clothing that is too small and have holes. They are slow and not friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012
TLTE, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

I apologize for the Inconvenience caused to you during the Stay. The hotel has been in the process of renovating and upgrades including wallpaper, beds, bed spreads and Bathrooms. Thank you for Appreciating the Front desk efficiency. We will certainly look into the service of the Restaurant

Reviewed 25 September 2012

My first impression was not a very good one....There was no one at the front desk to check me in. I should have left.
Got to my room and found the security latch on the door busted off! haha nice!
Nothing special about the room.
The hotel was packed so chose not to swim. The free breakfast was virtually gone by the time I got to it. (my mistake)
But worst of all...the restaurant was closed unexpectedly! And after a long day all I wanted was a cocktail....Ugh. Should have left.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

I am Extremely Sorry to hear that, We always have Front desk staff 24 hrs at our property and they make sure all the Guest are having comfortable stay. We are investigating on the problem you have noticed; Our First Priority for the Guest is Comfort and Security. The Breakfast Timing at Weekday 6:30 am to 9:30 am and weekends & Holiday 7 am to 10 am. The Restaurant had to close because of Some Security Purpose.

Reviewed 21 September 2012

I have booked the room with Hotwire for 3 but they gave me a 1 tiny bed for 3 people, I requested change room but they asked for higher price which was not acceptable since my booking was 3. The reception was rule. Will not suggest anyone with this hotel. Bed, pillows, blankets are very old and uncomfortable, the air con was really noisy and we had turned it off. Will not come back

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments; I am disappointed to hear that you did not receive consistent service throughout your stay. As when you book it Online the Run of the House is Booked but you can upgrade you room type to King Size bed. We are Under the Process of Renovating. Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again in the near future

Reviewed 11 September 2012

Dirty and in bad need of an update. 1980s bed covers, yellow stained pillows, brown-coloured bathroom fixtures ... you get the idea. I'm sleeping fully clothed on top of the sheet.

Might be because I'm in one of the few 1st floor rooms intermixed with utility rooms and storage rooms.

On a positive notes, I thoroughly checked for bugs before lying down, and found none.

• Stayed: September 2012
TLTE, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. Also the hotel is currently in the process to complete rejuvenation process that will include new carpet, wallpaper, and guest room bathrooms and Total Upgrade of Rooms. I am extremely sorry to hear that you felt uncomfortable during your stay. We always do monthly Pest control to our Rooms to make sure the hotel is bugs free.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

Have been staying at this property whenever I get to Toronto - a few days a month for business. The staff is impeccable - I cannot say any more about them. The location is the best in Scarborough - 2 minutes from Scarb Towne Centre, 401, and about a 5 min drive to the DVP and about 20 min downtown w no traffic. For the price, the amenities are great - pool; hot tub; free parking; free fridge in some rooms, free breakfast w sausage, eggs, fruit, cereals, a wide selection of drinks etc. Amenities wise, the major downside is that the internet is often down. For a business traveler this can be especially frustrating. Complaining to staff doesnt do much as it appears this a an issue with the company they have contracted. IF you need internet, dont stay here or bring your own access device.

The bad stuff is that this is a bit of a beat up older hotel with stark, small, soiled rooms. Management doesnt spend much money on replacing dirty carpets or wallpaper. The rooms are small. They barely fit the bed, desk and tv. Also the rooms each have an individual air conditioner which can be loud on a summers night.

Also another big negative that I have noticed recently is that this hotel is accepting huge busloads of tourists from what I believe to be China. In general most of these tourists are great, but some can be very loud especially late at night. Also some are very aggressive at the breakfast bar at times. I am assuming this is easy money for management so its hard to say "no" to the volume, but I wish they'd go back to focusing on priceline and hotwire customers.

If you are looking for a good value in the heart of Scarborough, this is it. I have paid as little as about 40 USD on priceline for this hotel but think its closer to 45 USD. A friend booked on hotwire a few months ago for about 50 USD. I dont know what their advertised price is, but I think it is in the range of 80-100 CDN, which I would not pay as you can get 4 stars in the area on a web broker site for around that.

All-in-all, a fine run-of-the-mill hotel if you are looking for a place to lay your head.

Room Tip: The elevator is slow so I like staying on floor 3 so I can just take the stairs. Floor 2 is smoking...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank cleffer
TLTE, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your insightful comments. It Was Great to Point out the positive you experienced with our great location and the comfortable bedding,Cleanliness,Breakfast,Swimming pool , Hot Tub and Location Close to Highway I have taken the time to share them with our team. We have Recently Upgraded our internet service. Also the hotel is currently in the process to complete rejuvenation process that will include new carpet, wallpaper, and guest room bathrooms. However, if you ever need any accommodations with the Travelodge Toronto East hotel again, feel free to give us a call and we will ensure your experience is one that will restore your confidence in our hotel

Reviewed 24 July 2012

I guess I can't expect much from this place given I got a 2 night stay Groupon voucher,I was initially given a room right on the ground floor which had a noisy air-con buzzing throughtout the night startling me up from my sleep when the engine starts every 20 minutes.Staff were understanding and moved me to a quieter room.Breakfast was quite good but the plus points for me was the location which was quite close to the 401.

Room Tip: Choose a room with less noisy air-con
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Julia M

Dear Guest,

I am really sorry to hear that the Air conditioning was making noise, we have Investigated the Problem and as we do Regular Maintenance for all Electrical units and Air conditioning Units Regularly Check up for there proper functioning. Thank You for appreciating our Staff Service, Breakfast and Convenient Location close to 401.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

We booked this hotel room for one night on Priceline for $50. The room was most certainly the smallest hotel room I've ever been in. The room was clean although the bathtub had some hairs in it (gross). The bed and pillows were very uncomfortable. We did not get the breakfast as it doesn't begin until 6:30am and we had to leave for our flight at 6am. If you can get this room on Priceline/Hotwire then it's worth it but I would have been very upset had I paid full price!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CLMOM12
TLTE, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments; I am disappointed to hear that you did not receive consistent service throughout your stay. I have shared your comments with our entire team. As when you book it Online the Run of the House is Booked but you can upgrade you room type to King Size bed. Sorry you were unable to enjoy our breakfast as our Breakfast Timing are 630 am to 9 30 Am weekdays and on weekend its 7 am to 10 am. Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again in the near future