“Dont stay here”

Travelodge Toronto East
Ranked #120 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We arrived at 7:30 and quickly tried to get comfortable, put a blanket on the dirty couch in our room and took off stained comforter. The carpets were dirty and stained, wouldn't think of going barefoot! The air conditioner didn't cool the room. When I went to the bathroom there was hair in the tub and behind the door certainly not cleaned. I went down and complained and asked if there were more rooms she gave me 2 keys to look but the rooms were smaller and still not comfortable. I was told there wasn't housekeeping there and she offered me a vacuum to clean my room, I was shocked and we left at 10:30pm to go home. We had a team buy ticket so they have not refunded me any money, I will never go there again and suggest this hotel to no one! Disgusting hotel!

Room Tip: Don't stay there find somewhere else to sleep
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Heather928
TLTE, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Guest,

We Apologizes for the experience you Got, But we make sure All the Rooms are being inspected before to sale for Cleanliness and Maintenance or any other issue.

Once Again we are extremely Sorry the Guest Experience you have received.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

This hotel could use a lot of tender love and care. I stayed here for a week with my husband and kids. It was booked due to the fact that it was located east of Toronto and had a pool.

The negatives - The rooms were very small for a family of four. The bathroom was old, and in need of repair - and the room/hallway carpets could are in dire need of change. There was no bath plug for our kids to take a bath in, so our young kids had to take showers all week. The walls of the hotel were filthy, and there was a crack pipe near our hotel window. Had we been druggies, I suppose that could have been a positive. We had to keep asking the front desk for towels at the pool because they were only present on rare occasion. It was very chaotic to eat breakfast in the morning with all the guests in a small room (the staff could not keep up!!!).

The positives- the Shoeless Joe was nearby - so it was an easy and convenient place to stop by for food and drinks. The hotel does supply a 15% coupon to its guests upon arrival. The location was right near the highway, so it was easy to get to the Toronto City Pass destinations. The front desk staff/cleaners were generally friendly when approached with requests - but with misfortune, it seems the hotel operates with the "minimum required to do" - so if you don't ask for something, you will never get. There are good room accommodations - fridge, coffee, microwave - that might make your life easier if you are looking to snack between meals.

I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a "good value". I didn't get this hotel at a 64$ a night deal like some of the others, although at that price I would have valued it at a good quality-price ratio.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mousty14

Dear Guest,

Thank you for Staying With us, we are Under Process of renovating our Rooms for Modern Facilities. I am extremely sorry for inconvenience caused; During the Rush hour we always make sure another seating Arrangement has Been Made for Guests.

Once Again thank you For Your Suggestions

Reviewed 13 July 2013

I booked this hotel through Hotwire so didn't know which hotel I had booked until the booking process was over. At regular prices I think you could find better but for $64.00 a night through Hotwire it was the winner. The hotel is not modern and the bathroom could have used some small repairs but it was quiet and clean and had the essentials. Could have used a High Definition TV which would have made the stay more enjoyable. 27" regular TVs just don't cut it anymore! The bed was comfortable, the small microwave and refrigerator were nice extras and the rate includes a complimentary breakfast which I can not comment on as I was up and out each day before breakfast started. The attached ShoelessJoe's Restaurant was convenient although the service was slow. As long as you are not expecting all the Bells and Whistles for $64.00 you will be quite happy. As for a room facing the parking lot which I think it quieter than rooms that face on Markam Road. I booked a single queen size bed, not sure if you could have gotten 2 double beds for the same price. I will definitely use Hotwire again as it saved me a fair bit of money.

Room Tip: I think the rooms on the East side of the building would be quieter. I didn't have any problems...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Eagle1623

Dear Guest

Thank you Appreciating Our Cleanliness in The Hotel, We have In process of New Flat Screen TV, and some of the Room has Already Update for Modern Facilities. We do Offer Wide Range of Breakfast for All our Guest Complimentary.

If Rooms Are Available we Always Do Free Upgrades

Reviewed 23 June 2013

We stayed for one night with our two kids. The rooms are tiny, barely enough room for your luggage and to move around comfortably. There were stains on our sheets , and the rooms were not very clean. It had rained the night we stayed and the carpet along the outside wall was soaked about 2 feet into the room, there must have been a leak somewhere in the wall or from the window. The sheets kept slipping of the mattress all through the night and there was only one large bath towel in the bathroom. On the positive side , the staff was very helpful and accommodating, the free breakfast the next morning was great and the pool facility was great. I don't think we would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank R0ADTRIPPER77

Dear Guest

We Apologies for the Inconvenience, We are under Process of Renovations and Upgrading yours Rooms and Amenities, All the Rooms Are Inspected Before Checked in any Guest For the Cleanliness. We will Definitely Investigate on the Leakage in the Room.

Thanks for Appreciating our Services, Breakfast and Pool.

Thanking You

Reviewed 19 June 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Here is the list from our stay on the weekend of April 6 2013.

* Stained old carpet, not vacuumed well.
* Mold everywhere in a dirty bathroom
* Every single light switch was crusted with filth
* Holes in the drywall of the room
* only one working accessible outlet in the room

This hotel is repulsive. Spend your money elsewhere and have some peace of mind.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 467JR
TLTE, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your comments. Also the hotel is currently in the process to complete renovation process that will include new carpet, wallpaper, and guest room bathrooms and Total Upgrade of Rooms. I am extremely sorry to hear that you felt uncomfortable during your stay.

Tushar

Reviewed 5 March 2013

Our flight was cancelled at the airport so Westjet put my family in this 'Motel' for the night. First of all, I have stayed in many hotels all over North America and this was the first time I was ever asked to take my drivers liscense out and give them! I asked the gentleman at the front desk why he needed my license, he said to fill out the information on it. That was fine when he passed it back, the lady at the front desk passed me a piece of paper to fill out all my information!?! I thought it different but I got over that. I then asked for a king size bed but there was none left, so I asked for something bigger than two double beds, I'm fairly tall so a double just won't cut it, and it was only my wife and our 9 year old son, so a king bed would do fine. tThey finally put us in a room with two queen size beds, perfect, I thought. Opened the door to the room, oh my god, I did really want to take off my boots! The carpet was old, very stained and ragged, the wall paper, or whatever was on the walls, was stained all over and falling off, there was three BIG dents in the wall, just at a glance! The boxsprings on the bed were showing and STAINED!! Then there's the bath room, all I could think was 'That Seventies Show', in serious need of an upgrade! We convinced ourselves that it was only one night and settled in only to be awakined at 2am by the sound of the neighbours headboard hitting off the wall repeatedly. (what could they be doing?) I almost forgot to mention the lampshades, filthy, stained and ragged. Needless to say, I will not be staying at this hotel anymore and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Aubrey B
TLTE, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We definitely appreciate the feedback as a gift and will look into the details of this situation. We do maintain the building and guest rooms in good shape and condition, also we do clean public area and guest rooms followed by standards (recently, we have passed the annual inspection), but we could not change much about the structure of the building. Checking the Photo id is To Verify The details, there was miscommunication regarding the fill out the form, we just make sure all the details entered are correct. Our goal is providing excellent accommodation services to ensure your stay with us is a memorable one.

We were so disappointed to hear that your experience during the stay with us did not meet your expectation. Hopefully, we could have another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Tushar Meshram

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Best Western Plus Executive Inn
Comfort Inn Pickering
#1 of 1 in Pickering
North York
Radisson Hotel Toronto East

Been to Travelodge Toronto East? Share your experiences!