“Expect less”

Travelodge Toronto East
Ranked #120 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at this Travelodge in July 2013.

Beware when bidding "name your own price" deals in the Toronto area. A two and a half star rated property in this area will be similar to a one and a half star property in the US (quality standards seem to be less).

Dirty and noisy. The bed was just average.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
TLTE, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Guest,

We Apologizes for the experience you Got, All the Rooms are being inspected before to sale for Cleanliness and Maintenance or any other issue.

Once Again we are extremely Sorry the Guest Experience you have received.

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Toronto East

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Booked the Travelodge because of a dealfind deal for two nights at $109. Was under the impression that the Travelodge was still located at Victoria Park and Sheppard but upon booking realized it was Markham and Sheppard. That's when I knew I was in trouble.

Absolute ghetto hotel. The room was disgusting. And I'm not a fancy, pancy guy at all. I've stayed in hostels before. It's never good when you get to a place and your first thought is to grab a vaccuum. It was disgusting. I don't know how I lasted two nights here. And of course one of the nights the cops showed up because of a domestic dispute on our floor. Big shock. I would bet me life they are there once a week. Like I said, this place is ghetto. Stay here at your risk.

And it pains me to write this review because the staff at the front desk was very nice and helpful. But there is nothing they could do to improve the quality of my room. It it must be said, Selena who works at the front desk, one of the prettiest girls you'll ever see. But other than that, stay away from this place. Trust me.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
TLTE, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Dear Guest,

We are Extremely Sorry for the Inconvenience Caused during your Stay, Before Check-in Any Guest We Inspect the Rooms for Cleanliness, We will Definitely Look into the Issue you have addressed.

We will make sure all the Issue has been sorted out as Soon as Possible, Once Again Please Accept Our Apology.

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

First impression, the hotel was good, the building is massive enough for suburban hotel in east toronto. Lobby is great, free coffee, but the other guest looks creepy and we started to be curious... and that was right... when we got on the 3rd floor we could hear a dog in someone's room barking so loud..

Bath tub was slimy when it's wet, and i dont know why...

I think it is reasonable for the price but not for the 'travelodge' name

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
TLTE, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank You for Appreciating the Property for its Services , As We are Pet Friendly Hotel which Allow Guest to Bring Their Pets but there is a agreement the guest has to Sign for Disturbance and all . If it was notified to Front desk they would defiantly take further actions.

Once Again we are extremely Sorry the Guest Experience you have received.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I have stayed here a few times. Its always a pleasant getaway with the girlfriends. The price is right and location is perfect. My room was clean, beds are sooo comfy. Staff was very friendly and helpful. This is my go to hotel for a nigh away.

Room Tip: Face the highway to see beautiful city view, face the parking lot for a quiet night.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
TLTE, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback about the Front Desk Team. I am pleased to read that you had great service and that you will return back to the hotel. Our team is consistently striving to exceed our guest expectations by being friendly yet professional. Rest assured that I will share this comment among our Team members.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards,

Reviewed 4 February 2014

The rooms are dirty. Carpets dirty, walls stained and battered. Sheets thin. I found hair in my sheets (Large clumps). Bedspreads are filthy and have not been cleaned in years. Shower floor is grey with soap scum. I would not stay here again. Front desk moved me but said the problem is not the room, but the cleaning service. So no, they would not let me find a cleaner room in the hotel. It is noisy being close to the freeway. I would rather sleep in my car.

Room Tip: Find another hotel. Anything has to be better. If you must stay here, ask for a room facing the park...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Agirltraveler

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking your time to express your concerns to the Travelodge Toronto East., room quality, comfort and customer service is of the utmost importance to us. Guest rooms are inspected prior to guest arrival from a housekeeping supervisor after the rooms have been cleaned. I am disappointed to hear that you did not receive consistent service throughout your stay I Apologize for the Inconvenience caused to you during the Stay. The hotel has been in the process of renovating and upgrades including wallpaper, bed spreads and Bathrooms.

Please feel free to contact us if you require any accommodations in the future

Regards

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We checked in here due to poor weather and convenient location. The bathroom could use a good cleaning in corners etc. The room as ok, bit rundown. Breakfast was terrible - worst ever experienced. Toaster was not working, tables were not wiped, Apples and bananas bruised. I looked for the least bruised apple and discovered one with dried ketchup on it - clearly no one had looked at the fruit in at least a day. I ate nothing, my husband had half of a banana. Upon checkout, I commented about the breakfast and gave the example of the apple. I got no apology, no response to acknowledge the problem or check into it or thanks for the heads up. That was very poor. Things can always go wrong, but to not respond at all was unacceptable. The only response after the comments (which were made politely) were glazed-over stares and a request for the balance owing. Do not plan to stay here.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
TLTE, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Guest,

I am really disappointing that you didn’t receive the consistent service. We always care for the Guest Comfort first and we make sure that all the standards are followed as per the Travelodge.

We are investigating on the problem you have noted with our housekeeping and Food & Service department. To ensure that all the Room is in good condition and all the Guest has been given out Good Breakfast Every morning.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Was in markham for a family funeral. The location was the selling point and the price was good too. The place could use a makeover. The air conditioner blew cold air and the toilet ran continuously, the hair dryer blew up (no harm done except bad hair). All of these things were fixed quickly and the staff were very approachable and helpful. Breakfast was pretty descent since it was right there so very convenient with busy days

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask for a room on the north side away from 401 traffic
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments.

I would like to thank you for drawing these matters to my attention. A client feedback is very important to our establishment as it assists us in monitoring our services and make appropriate improvements where necessary. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our associates exceeded your expectations. I have shared your comments with our entire team and On behalf of the entire team we would like to thank you for your Stay at Travelodge Toronto East.

We have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Warm Regards,
Tushar Meshram

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Best Western Plus Executive Inn
Comfort Inn Pickering
#1 of 1 in Pickering
North York
Radisson Hotel Toronto East

Been to Travelodge Toronto East? Share your experiences!