“Five star on hwy 400”

Best Western Plus Toronto North York Hotel & Suites
Ranked #42 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 5 December 2013

The experience I got from this visit was unbelievable . The minute you work in you feel like million dollars with the new look and the image of this hotel. They say when you build it they will come I bet you we will come back. The rate was great with five star rooms. Staff is great they treat you like their own. I think the management has a lot to do with this kind of a treatment and respect to their guest.I will recommend anyone who wants a steal of deal at a hotel with five star experience than don't look further .Once again I would like to thank the G.M of the hotel to keep a great team of staff and a special thanks to Nick the front desk staff to be so accommodating it just makes you feel wanted , I will recommend my family friends and my staff to feel this experience when ever they need accommodation . Great work and congrats to the management.

Room Tip: Any room you get is worth it , they are great.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Shankar N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Toronto North York Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Hi Ashoke, thanks for all the kind words, we really appreciate it. I am so glad that you enjoyed our hotel. We have tried our best to renovate it to modernize it as well as make it comfortable and pleasant for our guests.Many of our frequent guests such as yourself are amazed by the transformation that we done to the hotel. You are so right about the value for the price paid, our rates are extremely reasonable for everything you get! Just the amenities alone are worth it and in addition to that the room as well. Once again thank you for complimenting the staff, everyone here strives to keep a happy and organized environment. We welcome our guests as family since the hotel is our home and theirs. Also, thanks for referring us to your family and friends, we welcome you back anytime with open arms.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Stay in a larger room. Make sure that you get the discount at the restaurant. Everything is for sale in the hotel. Very few amenities. Hotel itself is beautiful with great modern décor. Location of hotel is convenient.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dominique C
Shankar N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Toronto North York Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Hi Dominique, we want to thank you for posting on our TripAdvisor page and staying with us. You are completely right! Our location is extremely convenient as we are right off of Highway 400 at the Finch Exit. The downtown core of Toronto is easily accessible as well as any part of the city you may be travelling to. Our hotel has been recently renovated and we tried our best to pick out the most modern decor so that it is up to our guests taste. As for the guest rooms there are many different types of rooms & suites our guests can book. It ranges between a standard room with 1 queen bed, 2 queen beds, 1 king with a sofabed, king suite, jacuzzi suite and kitchenette suite.

As for the amenities, our hotel is rated a PLUS hotel due to our many amenities.The following are things we offer at our hotel for the convenience of our wonderful guests:

- On-site restaurant, Western Bar & Grille serving all-day breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- Indoor heated pool & hot tub, towels provided for your convenience.
- Fitness Centre.
- Laundry Facility.
- Free parking
- Complimentary 24hr Business Centre.
- Complimentary High Speed Wireless Internet Access.
- Complimentary local newspaper (Mon-Sat)
- In-room Fridge, Microwave, Coffee maker with complimentary coffee.
- Drawer space, Hangers & Mini-Closet Space, Iron & Board for your belongings.
- In-room office space including a large desk, office chair, telephone, stereo with alarm clock & Ipod dock.
- FREE Local calls from your room. Long distance charges will apply.
- 37" HDTV with a great variety of HD channels.
- In-room Movies available for purchasing.
- 100% strictly non-smoking facility/pet-free
- Eco-friendly

We strictly do not believe in charging our guests for every little thing as we know that travelling can get pricey. Therefore as seen in the list of our amenities above, we try to save our guests some time and money by making things complimentary. At other hotels you will be charged a fee for the many things we offer for free. There are only a few things that our guests may purchase at our hotel. For instance if you want to order anything from the restaurant, purchase in room pay per view movies, get a snack or drink from the vending machine as well as use the laundry facility. Those are things that are paid for everywhere you go unless it's in the comfort of your own home. We are extremely upfront about all of those fees and our guests are well aware of that but other than that we try our best to accommodate everyone.

Dominique, we welcome you to come back anytime when visiting Toronto, have safe and happy travels. Once again thank you for your feedback, we greatly appreciate it.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

This was a great hotel for the price. It wasn't as centrally-located as we could have been, but it wasn't too far of a drive drive to get into the main areas of Toronto (probably about half an hour). It was very clean and comfortable. Our room was somewhat small, but we didn't need much room for just the two of us (and we could have upgraded to the bigger room with the jacuzzi in it for just $10 more a night but chose not to). I was especially impressed by the customer service. The manager on duty the first night was wonderful. He was incredibly helpful and went out of his way to call up and make sure we liked our room. When he found out we were thinking about going to a particular movie, he found the nearest theater it was playing at, told me the times, and printed out directions to get there. He also provided us with several dinner recommendations. I was incredibly impressed with his service. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a nice but affordable place to stay near Toronto!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Shankar N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Toronto North York Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Hi BlueKoala06! It's so great to hear your feedback. We appreciate it so much when our guests take the time to give us their comments. I am glad that our front desk agent, Subash assisted you during your stay. The staff at our hotel strives to keep our guests happy and make their stay comfortable as well as pleasant. As for the room you stayed in, it was a standard room, we have suites at our property as well. For a fee you can book the Jacuzzi Suite, Kitchenette Suite, and King Suite. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly to inquire about those. I hope you enjoyed your dinner and movie during your time in Toronto. Our weather is a bit chilly and not as great as Pennsylvania's, but we have lots of fun things to do and see in our city. Once again, thanks for your feedback, we welcome you to stay with us anytime!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Newly revamped hotel. Everything is newly decorated. Front lobby decor is inviting and sets the tone for what to expect in the guest rooms. Rooms are very well appointed with brand new confort beds, tastefully decorated, 37 in flat screen tv, mircowave and fridge. I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing a room in the area. Staff were very helpful. Great stay and will stay again when in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Shankar N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Toronto North York Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Hi Ginette! So glad to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback online, we really appreciate it. You couldn't have described the hotel more perfectly. After almost over $3.5 million in renovations we are SO happy to hear that our guests are enjoying the decor of the hotel as well as many details you described. As for the staff, every department of the hotel strives to make our guests stay pleasant and comfortable. Next time you come make sure to take advantage of our heated pool and hot tub, you'll feel so relaxed after. We welcome you back to stay with us anytime! Have safe and happy travels Ginette!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I chose this place because of the convenience to family and shopping, I had stayed there before when it was under different management and part of another chain. I was expecting just a clean place to sleep and clean- it has changedmand for the better. The room was decorated and appointed more like a New York/Toronto boutique than an a economy hotel. There was fridge, a microwave and an iron. The washroom also featured a hair dryer and some of the softest towels I have ever used. The bed was firm and comfortable as well as clean
There is also an indoor pool and whirlpool- a nice touch and very needed after along day. I looked at the exercise room and it was nicely equipped.
There are a few drawbacks, one is the location, The immediate area the hotel is in, is quiet, but the surrounding area, North York is a bit rough by Canadian standards and there are very few good food options within walking or short driving distance. The staff( very friendly and helpful) informed me that there was an Italian place and delivery for chinese also near by. The other is minor if you're American and a Boardwalk Empire fan. HBO was not available and had to wait till I went home.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Hi goalie1954! We appreciate all your feedback, thanks so much for posting your thoughts with us and the rest of the travelers out there. Our guest' word means the world to us and we are glad that guests such as yourself have a great opinion of us! As for the renovations, we really tried our best to transform the hotel into a modern place for our guests to be proud of. In regards to location we are located conveniently close to the highway, as well as 2 major shopping centers (Vaughan Mills & Yorkdale Mall) You are absolutely right! The dining options the front desk staff suggested to you were great although there are many many more restaurants nearby. We can pinpoint what your preferences are and give you directions to a restaurant specific to your taste. Don't forget we also have our great on-site restaurant if you don't feel like leaving the hotel! As for HBO, it isn't available in Canada unless you have pay per view (satellite T.V.) Although, you can stream whatever you'd like online from your personal laptop as we offer all of our guests FREE WiFi. We welcome you back to stay with us when you are back in town, Have safe and happy travels!

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I stayed three nights, was the best hotel I have stayed in. The staff was excellent and friendly. The rooms were clean and beautiful, and hotel is always very clean and has a beautiful scent when you walk in. The restaurant staff was very friendly, breakfast throughout the day well that was great. Would recommend this hotel to family and friends. When ever I needed something the staff was very helping. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Shankar N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Toronto North York Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Hi Joanne! I want to thank you for sharing your positive feedback with us, its greatly appreciated. I'm happy that you had a great experience with us as we try our best to make our guests stay comfortable and pleasant. Our maintenance and housekeeping department try their absolute best to keep the hotel clean and smelling nice as you said! The staff at our hotel, may it be at the front desk, restaurant, housekeeping, maintenance or management are always friendly and we go above and beyond to help our guests. Also, your are completely right about the all day breakfast! You can purchase breakfast as long as the restaurant is open, its great for days you like to relax and sleep in. Joanne, thanks again for the comments and recommendation to your family and friends! We welcome you to stay with us whenever your in town, have safe and happy travels.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I was there for a work trip. Ample parking. The staff was very professional and friendly, greeting me by name every time I entered the lobby. The room was very clean and beautiful. I loved that there was a fridge and microwave since I was staying there for several days. Surroundings were very quiet, slept like a baby when I was there. Lots of counter space in the bathroom which was great for my mornings when I'm getting ready. And the breakfast was delicious! The only thing was that I found someone's underwear hanging from my shower rod when I got there, but housekeeping addressed it immediately when I let them know.

Room Tip: I had an east facing room so the sun shone right into my window in the mornings. However, the curtai...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Shankar N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Toronto North York Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Hi StarShinePillow! We are loving your feedback! We are so glad to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us. We try our best to get to know our guests because everyone matters to us and being personable is the way to go! As for our beds, they are fantastic from our soft sheets, to fluffy pillows and of course our mattress, no wonder you slept like a baby! Also we strive to keep our hotel quiet as we have many corporate guests and professionals staying with us. When people like to relax or or do their corporate work they want to feel right at home and in a comfortable environment and I am glad that we succeeded in that department. As for the housekeeping issue, I am glad that it was taken care of immediately. We always fix any type of issue in a timely manner. Overall, thanks again for your posting to let other travelers know about our property, we welcome you to stay with us at anytime!