Best Western Plus Toronto North York Hotel & Suites
Ranked #44 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 23 April 2014

A bad smell was present in the room, upon arrival my late check out (12h00) was accepted by the front desk but someone from the hotel still knocked at the door at 11h20 to informed me that the check-out was at 11h00...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Claude C
Shankar N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Toronto North York Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Hi Claude C! Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on our TripAdvisor page. All of our guests feedback is vital to us. We always want our guests expectations to be met although I do apologize you experienced some issues. Our hotel truly strives on cleanliness. We try our best to keep all of our guests feeling pleasant and comfortable. As for the bad smell you experience upon arrival to your room, I truly do apologize. Sometimes other guests leave certain odors behind from food, clothes, luggage etc that is quite hard to air out. Unfortunately your sensitivity to the smell caused an issue. That is quite unusual for our hotel as our housekeeping department works hard to keep the hotel in tip top shape. We also use Eco-friendly products that have minimal chemicals to ensure that there are no harsh smells even from our cleaning products!

In regards to your check-out time, that was an honest mistake, and we truly do apologize about that. We would like to welcome you back to our hotel so we can provide you with a superior experience. From our Best Western family to yours, have safe & happy travels!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We arrived late, 1am and it took a few minutes to get checked into our King Jacuzzi suite. The room was separated into living room, and bedroom with jacuzzi. Unfortunately for us our ceiling was leaking. I went to the desk to ask for a different room. The gentleman said they had no more suites but there were other kings we could go into, as he walked to our room to check it out. I really wish he would have set up our new room before looking into it. He stood at the leak mumbling about pipes for a good few minutes before returning to the desk to get us a new key. He did discount the room for the downgrade.
The room we switched into was not I expected out of a "grand reopening" hotel. The bathroom ceiling had pealing paint and the sink Nd tub itself were scratched pretty bad. Not the kind of tub you want to relax in, especially when one was expecting a jacuzzi. In the corner of the bathroom there were small hairs and stains on the wallpaper. The showers heat and water pressure were fine.
The bed itself was uncomfortable, there was a white stain on the couch and the patio door only had a bar to "lock it". The lock itself didnt work. You could also hear water running through the pipes from other parts of the hotel. After a 6 hour trip and it being 130am we did not try to switch again.
Few upsides, the cable, the free internet and the ton of free parking. I didnt use it but I noticed a coin laundry room which is convenient. We did not try the restaurant.
I left our room to check out in the morning not a happy camper however Nick at the desk turned my mood by seeming sincerely empathetic over our missing out on the initial room, and is the only reason I would consider giving this hotel a second chance.

3  Thank JessiJanex

Hi JesseJanex, May it be positive or constructive criticism, I want to thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on our TripAdvisor page. As many people know our hotel is newly renovated. After spending over $3.5 million the property was renovated from top to bottom. There was not one thing that we missed. In regards to the issue you faced in your Jacuzzi Suite, that was something out of the ordinary at our hotel. We faced an issue with the room above you due to some other guests. It was out of our hands at the time you checked into the room because we had to investigate into further detail where the issue was coming from. Once we got to the bottom of it we were able to take further steps to fix the damage and deal with the problem.

With that being said, sorry for the inconvenience it may have caused you. We have many rooms at our hotel and sometimes things happen. In regards to the cleanliness of our hotel, we strive to keep it at a high standard. As you may read on our TripAdvisor page many of our guests are happy with how clean and comfortable our hotel environment is. The room that you switched into definitely was not a King Suite with a Jacuzzi therefore the tub is used for shower purposes mostly. I do apologize if it was not what you originally booked but with the issue from the room above your Jacuzzi Suite, we had no other choice than to switch you with a fair downgrade discount. Also, the patio door is lockable, for your future stay please contact the front desk and they will send someone from our maintenance department to assist you. As for the noise coming from the pipes throughout the hotel, I have looked into the issue myself and asked other guests that stayed in your room, and the outcome was that there is no loud noise.

Thank you for the positive words about our hotel in regards to parking, free WiFi, the variety of HD channels you have through our cable provider, on-site laundry etc. Next time you should definitely try out the restaurant, the food is DE-LI-CIOUS!

Overall, as for your stay, I do want to apologize that you did not have the experience you intended to have although we do welcome you back with opens arms so we can provide you with a superior Best Western PLUS experience!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed over 1 night in the King size bedroom with the jacuzzi.
It was great. The room is huge, bed was super comfortable. Extremely quiet.
No issues at all.
As my travels will bring me back continuously to the area, I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank JennJac
Shankar N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Toronto North York Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Hi JennJac! I want to personally thank you for posting on our TripAdvisor page, it is greatly appreciated. I am glad that you were pleased with our King Suite with Jacuzzi. It is quite the relaxing room and extremely spacious. The jacuzzi is great for unwinding! Also, our hotel strives on it's quietness and privacy for guests. It is great that you shared your opinion on one of our many suites at the hotel, as this one is very popular. We welcome you with open arms to come back to our hotel and stay in the beautiful suite again or any room of your choice. We can also suggest a nice restaurant for dinner & movie or you have the option to dine-in at our on-site restaurant, Western Bar & Grille & order a movie on the TV! Once again, thank you for the positive feedback! Have safe & happy travels.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Recognition for Diamond member greatly appreciated; hotel recently fully renovated; immaculate room, very comfortable bed & pillows, fresh crisp high quality linens; extremely good value for price paid; would definitely return to this hotel

1  Thank Suzanne B
Shankar N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Toronto North York Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Hi Suzanne B! Thank you for taking the time to post on our TripAdvisor page. It is great to see that you appreciate the customer service our front desk strives to offer. The fact that you are a loyal member of Best Western is amazing and we thank you for that. Travelers such as yourself see the benefit in being a member as here are many perks to it! As for the cleanliness of our hotel, we strive to keep it immaculate like you said! I am glad that you had a peaceful sleep and noticed our high end bedding. We welcome you with open arms back to our hotel! Have safe & happy travels.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

A very nice motel when visiting Toronto and would like to avoid staying in the city center.
Very close to the main highway with free parking.
Note that it will take you around 30 min to go downtown by car.
Service was great and the team was helpful.
room was clean and had decent size.
you can get breakfast vouchers for $5 per person, which is basic.
Overall, great value for money.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ohad I
Shankar N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Toronto North York Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Hi Ohad I. Thank you for taking the opportunity to post your opinion of our hotel on our TripAdvisor page. I am glad that you had a great time visiting our hotel in Toronto. Our free LARGE parking is definitely a bonus for our guests. I am glad that you found our customer service pleasant. We really try our best to meet all of our guests needs especially when you are new to the city, visiting. In regards to the cleanliness of our guest room. you are right, our housekeeping staff works extremely hard to keep everything in tip-top shape. As for breakfast, there are many options from the restaurant menu that you can choose from as well that will satisfy your taste buds. Thank you again for the kind words, I am glad you chose to stay with us and we welcome you back anytime. Have safe & happy travels!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

clean and comfortable tastefully decorated good location for bus and subway friendly staff never tried the restaurant but it was available to us quiet area good parking with well lit parking lot would definitely stay here again excellent value for the price that was paid

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hi James M, I want to personally thank you for taking the time to post on our TripAdvisor page, its greatly appreciated. It is great to hear from a guest that they had a pleasant time at our hotel. After our huge renovations, our guests have been raving about the hotel. It is clean, comfortable and extremely modern now. You are completely right about the transportation accessibility, it is very bus, subway and car friendly. Thank you for the employee compliments, we try our best to make our guests feel right at home. In regards to the restaurant, definitely check it out next time, the BIG canadian breakfast is a big hit! As for the value for the price paid, we definitely offer great rates for a newly renovated hotel such as ours. From our Best Western family to yours, we welcome you with open arms! Thanks again for the positive feedback.

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

My family of 4 was in need of a place to stay while my mother in law underwent major surgery. I was under a lot of stress and before I made our reservation I think I called the hotel about 5-6 times asking alot of questions.
The women(sorry I forgot her name) I kept speaking with and checked us in, was wonderful. She was very helpful, plesent, understanding, and not once did she get annoyed with my many phone calls and questions.
All the staff was great and genuinely concerned that my mother in laws surgery went well.
The room was very clean and very comfortable.
The pool and the area was clean and well kept and my kids loved that the pool was heated.
The loby was beautiful, clean and welcoming.
The hotel was a bit out of our way from the hospital downtown, but the kindness of everyone working there made the distance not mater at all. Thank you to the staff for making our stay a wonderful experience under our stressful circumstance.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank JM2E
Shankar N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Toronto North York Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Hi JM2E, I want to personally thank you for posting on our TripAdvisor page. I am so glad that you chose to stay with us during your difficult time. As for the phone calls and questions, that's what we're here for! We strive on helping out our guests and making sure they feel well accommodated. I am glad everything went well with your mother's surgery and that you were in good hands during the stressful time. As for the pool, and overall hotel we really try our best to keep it clean and cleanliness is the key to guests coming back and staying with us and of course great hospitality. It's nice that your kids got to enjoy the heated pool and de-stress that way as well! We are so happy that we were able to make a tough time, a bit easier for you. From our Best Western family to yours, we welcome your family back with open arms! Take care.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
North York
Chinatown
Super 8 Downtown Toronto
Super 8 Downtown Toronto
#56 of 138 in Toronto

Been to Best Western Plus Toronto North York Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!