“Poor customer service at front desk”

DoubleTree by Hilton Toronto Airport
Ranked #96 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I have stayed at this hotel in the past using their park and fly without problems until my last experience on March 24th 2014. Upon arrival I was informed I would not be able to leave my car onsite. I had to leave my car in the self serve park and fly lot down the road. When I inquired as to why the change I was told by the front desk clerk that they were busy and losing money. I said that I was very disappointed with this arrangement and that I booked at their hotel because of previous onsite parking and if I wanted a park and fly lot to leave my car I wouldn't have booked a hotel because there are many more secure lots for park and fly. I also did not want to sit in a bus shelter at 4 am in minus 0 temperatures. I also inquired as to why I was not informed of the possibility of off site parking when I made the park and fly reservations. The front desk clerk advised me of his 11 yrs experience and that their reservations never say onsite parking available or not available. When I disagreed he again stated in a loud voice that they do not have onsite parking...basically calling me a liar even when I had stayed there recently twice before and parked onsite. I asked if an exception could be made this one time due to miscommunication. I got the song and dance that the manager was busy and he would get back to me. We were in our room by this time when I asked for the exception....he stated the Manager was busy and would let me know. It is now coming onto 5pm and I only have to 6pm to cancel this room before they charge me even if I don't stay there so time was limited. We made the decision to leave this hotel...when we went back down to the front deak the Manger was standing with the clerk and neither offered a solution to our problem...the Marriott across the street was very happy to have us for the same money...I am sure the Quality Suites to name another of the many hotels near the airport would also have been happy to accommodate us. Sorry Travel lodge on Dixon u have lost my business and the business of many family and friends who also travel frequently all because of a front desk clerk who,handled a situation very poorly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Chad H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

However I will attempt to contact you directly about this to discuss this further and as an alternative if you wish to contact me directly at 416 674 2222 x 2951 in regards to your concerns.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,546)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Room was well cleaned, had a nice couch to sit on and watcg the pkanes arriving and departing the airport, and also had the nice addition of a mini fridge and even a bathrobe and the price was good for an airport hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Thank you for sharing your thoughts as to how we can improve the guest experience and how you feel about the ongoing refurbishments at this hotel for your information we appreciate the suggestions made.

However I have shared your comments with my team accordingly

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Airline provided overnight room here after flight delay. Slightly musty smell in 16th floor corridor room & bedding clean. Older plumbing but functional. Breakfast not available as hotel restaurant was closed for extended period. Complementary shuttle to airport every half hour was a few minutes late but worked.

Room Tip: Until the Travelodge restaurant reopens, ask your airline for a voucher for a meal at the airport.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank vin0tint0

Reviewed 29 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lorelei D

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We booked this for two nights, the one before our flight and the night we arrived home as it was quite late and we had about a 5 hour drive home from the airport. The first night the room was great but we had some drunken neighbours and had to call the front desk twice to have it dealt with, but otherwise our stay was good. The bed was really great, very comfy and the view watching flights leave and arrive is neat as well. The restaurant was good and the hotel was in a very convenient area. We will likely book here again when we fly international next.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Chad H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

However I have shared your comments with my team accordingly

Thank you for identifying our employees on behalf of our entire staff here at the Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Quality Suites Toronto Airport
Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport
Best Western Premier Toronto Airport Carlingview Hotel
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!