“A Great Stay”

Ranked #91 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Timmins
“A Great Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

The room was clean and temperature thermostat controlled, which was excellent. We had a cool view of airplanes coming and going which was fine. We were not disturbed by the sounds. It would have been nice to have at least a continental breakfast provided for guests, but there was a restaurant on site and a choice of a few others within a short distance of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Windy_03
Jason U, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport/Dixon Road, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey regading your recent stay with us at the Travelodge Toronto Airport. We are thrilled you enjoyed your experience at the hotel and the view of the airplanes taking off and landing. Because of our location, we are able to provideone of the best views of the airport from our airport view rooms.

On behalf of the Travelodge Toronto Airport team we thank you for making our property your home away from home and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Polish first
Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful. The airport shuttle was a short ride to the terminal. We will stay at the hotel again. You should look for deals if you plan well in advance.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Thank you for sharing your thoughts as to how we can improve the guest experience and how you feel about the ongoing refurbishments at this hotel for your information we appreciate the suggestions made.

However I have shared your comments with my team accordingly

Thank you for identifying our employees on behalf of our entire staff here at the Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

The best thing about the hotel was the attached restaurant. The room was hot because the a/c didn't work well, and it was mid-June. The bath tile was cracked and the room had a run-down feel overall. The in-room coffee pot had no outlet to plug it into and the staff brought us an extension cord as a solution, but the pot required 3 prongs and the cord only accommodated 2. Staff actually suggested we leave one prong hanging out of the cord plug altogether! We stayed elsewhere on our return trip and found a much nicer accommodation closer to the airport for a similar rate..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Lori B
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey. I apologize for the issues you experienced regarding the air conditioner and the amenities in the room. It is completely unacceptable that you were uncomfortable because of the temperature in your room. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

However I will attempt to contact you directly about this discuss this further and as an alternative if you wish to contact Jason Rooney, Guest Services Supervisor directly at 416 674 2222 x 2951 in regards to your concerns.

Peterborough, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed in this Hotel for two nights in June 2014 and I am glad I did. I went across the street (I will not mention the hotel but there is only one) and the girl on the counter at that hotel basically pushed me away. I am 50 years old and was travelling by myself for business as this is my new territory now and asked for a corporate rate.I was tired from all the driving and I explained to her that I stayed in her chain of hotels quite often in other cities. She basically quoted me a ridiculous amount ($189.00) and suggested that I should go across the street if I wanted a better rate and ignored my request for a corporate rate. I even mentioned the other Hotels I stayed in in bigger cities and she ignored me. So I left and went across the street and met with Brenda and Sheila at the Travelodge who gave me a corporate rate and went out of there way to listen to me. Great service, Fantastic People, Fair prices, Stay here if you are travelling. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Not stuck up like across the street. Already reserved my room for the next time I am in North bay. Thank you, Brenda, Sheila and staff

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

However I have shared your comments with my team accordingly

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

If you dont care about comfort and just need a roof over your head to get close to Pearson airport you can come to this cheap 2 ★★ hotel that is nothing but a gorgeous lobby and very run down rooms with furniture that looks like is been picked up by the side of the road ,beds hard rock ,linnings that been used a guzillion times, pillows wont help you sleep i promise,the one wall briks on the "decor" gives you a cold feeling ,the price for this rooms is expensive if you consider the quality of the service and rooms the only good thing is the location 5 min away from terminals with shuttle bus avail but for the same price you can get a 3 ★★★ or even 3 1/2 in the area .this place is ridiculously overprice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business