“3-star is lenient...”

Ranked #91 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Sherbrooke, Canada
“3-star is lenient...”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

One of the most unpleasant experience is waiting nearly one hour at airport for the hotel shuttle bus. Unfortunately, that luck fell on me thanks to Travelodge. Two or three times that I have seen Hilton, Marriot, Westin buses gone past me and how i wish i had booked any hotel of them instead of Travelodge.

Upon arrival after nearly one hour waiting, when I explained what had happened to the front desk, they appeared to be defensive rather than empathetic. Worse yet, they made a mistake about the number of room reserved, which severely damaged the credibility.

The other thing that should improve is the poor wifi in the room. The signal just disappeared the moment it got connected. Very weird. Had to go to lobby for Wifi.

The only bright spot is comfy bed, which makes it pass the basic with 3-star rating as a very lenient comment..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Richard R
Jason U, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport/Dixon Road, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey. I apologize that your wait time for the shuttle and overall experience was less then satisfactory. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

However I will attempt to contact you directly about this discuss this further and as an alternative if you wish to contact Jason Rooney, Guest Services Supervisor directly at 416 674 2222 x 2951 in regards to your concerns.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Customer service checking in was good - though the bathrooms in this hotel are in DIRE NEED of an update. I say this despite being booked into an "executive" room. Top floor features an executive lounge which was a nice touch. 2 star hotel at best

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank M G

New Liskeard, Canada
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have never felt so unwelcome at any hotel in Toronto for a long time. I even spoke to the manager regarding issues. No fridge although I said well ahead of time I need one for insulin and medication. The pool was freezing and there were NO towels at the poolside. The desk clerks were so rude, especially one man, that I wouldn't even talk to him. I made a complaint to him, and when I would walk through the lobby, he would say to his colleagues, "There's the guy that complained", within ear shot of everyone. I am in Toronto for cancer treatment and neurological brain issues and even the managers(forget their name) were less than helpful. The second manager(Jeff?), a larger man(no offense), wouldn't even offer me a partial refund for all the problems I had. I was told that parking was covered when I reserved. Nope. $12 a day and they charged me. The fridge I was supposed to have upon arrival was not there but they finally got me one while my meds went warm and then charged me for the fridge for three days. They finally took that charge off, but to be honest, I feel they owe me a refund as the service Sucked and the response was arrogant and rude. nothing but problems there...I will NEVER be back nor recommend this snotty-staffed hotel to anyone. As far as I'm concerned too, they at least owe me $48 for parking, but they kept saying because I went with Booking that it wasn't covered and they were simply filled with anti-customer sentiment.

Room Tip: Don't go there unless you don't care about being treated like crap.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
We appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize for the completely unacceptable issues you experienced at our proerty and assure you that these comments have been addressed and dealt with accordingly. I am pleased however that in speaking with you that you are willing to stay with us on your next visit to the Toronto area. I look forward to welcoming you personally back to our property and look forward to making your reservation in the near future.
Timmins
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The room was clean and temperature thermostat controlled, which was excellent. We had a cool view of airplanes coming and going which was fine. We were not disturbed by the sounds. It would have been nice to have at least a continental breakfast provided for guests, but there was a restaurant on site and a choice of a few others within a short distance of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank Windy_03
We appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey regading your recent stay with us at the Travelodge Toronto Airport. We are thrilled you enjoyed your experience at the hotel and the view of the airplanes taking off and landing. Because of our location, we are able to provideone of the best views of the airport from our airport view rooms.

On behalf of the Travelodge Toronto Airport team we thank you for making our property your home away from home and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful. The airport shuttle was a short ride to the terminal. We will stay at the hotel again. You should look for deals if you plan well in advance.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Thank you for sharing your thoughts as to how we can improve the guest experience and how you feel about the ongoing refurbishments at this hotel for your information we appreciate the suggestions made.

However I have shared your comments with my team accordingly

Thank you for identifying our employees on behalf of our entire staff here at the Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!