“travelodge 925 dixon road is a good hotel with inconveniences”

Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport/Dixon Road
Ranked #100 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 22 October 2009

I recently spent two nights with my partner at the Travelodge at 925 Dixon Rd by the Toronto Airport.

The good points are:

friendly front desk staff
clean rooms
comfortable beds
tvs/air conditioners
good swimming pool and weight room

The bad points:

an extra $12 fee (plus taxes) per night for parking on top of the room rate
an extra $1.00 charge (plus taxes) for local calls
an extra $14.99 (plus taxes) to watch movies
$0.50 a minute to use the computers in the basement (although there is supposed to
be free wifi if you have a laptop)
The last negative point is that the gift shop is closed after 10pm. AFTER 10PM, THERE IS NO WAY TO GET POP, CHIPS, FOOD OR SMOKES. There is the hotel bar and a subway restaurant across the street for food. The closest store is a 40 minute walk away. There are no pop machines on any of the floors.

It was a decent place, but there are better hotels out there, and I do not plan to stay there again

Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travellingpete23

Reviewed 27 June 2009

If you want a nights sleep, then DON'T STAY at this place.
Noisey, out dated air/heat unit and noisey planes, I will NOT be back. The hotel wasn't at all busy. The front desk personal wanted me to pack up and move to another room, at 4am. Would not give me a quiet room to use, only using the bed. Although the rate was quoted at $89.00, when all the extras are added, parking $12.00,
3 taxes, total came to $115.00.
Had to wait for the shuttle bus. The front desk staff need to be re- trained in customer
service. Renovated, ha! Deployable towels.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank OntarioRetiree
Reviewed 6 June 2009

Staff attitude: Highly Professional
Cleanliness of facilities: Excellent
Service: Excellent

I have been attending meetings and workshops offered by the Canadian Association of Professional Speakers [CAPS] and have found Travelodge to be a great place. I'm very satisfied with the service.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2009

We stopped in Toronto the night before leaving for Mexico, in February. We had the most unpleasant stay. So unpleasant that we cancelled the room for the night we were back from our holiday.
Her name is ‘Sophie’ and she is the most unprofessional, arrogant, and rude desk clerk I have ever met. She was unwilling to help us after we told her that we didn’t have any hot water for our shower. She actually left the front desk and ignored us to go to the back room. What a nice welcome that is.
The manager, John, is no better; weaseling is way out of the problem.
And don’t try to ask another clerk, they just walk away from you.

I can’t believe that Travelodge employs people with no class.
In conclusion I will NEVER go back to any Travelodge nor will I ever recommend the hotel to anybody.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank EnoughBadService
Reviewed 7 February 2009

Used this hotel once again as a stop over stay prior to early morning flight to Caribbean. Have stayed here on one other occasion and came back it had several things I liked and was looking for.
Clean.
Efficient.
24 hour free shuttle to airport (some do not start until 5 am or later. Does not help when your flight is at 6:00-6:30am and you need to be at airport at 3:30am)
free on site parking for up to 8 days.
Close to airport (It's like right there)
I can watch planes land in the evening (south facing rooms have great views or southern runways and planes come in from the east)
Casey's restaurant on site.
Anyway, like this hotel. Stayed here twice now and will go to it once again next year.
Stayed Jan 28, 2009 and previously Feb 2, 2007.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank LondonWesty
Reviewed 25 February 2008

I stayed at this hotel for a week while in town on business and visiting friends, and while it was reasonably clean and comfortable, the service was so terrible I would not stay there again. There are enough hotels in the area in the same price range that there's no reason to go to this Travelodge.

Two days into my stay when I was getting my room key card re-programmed (which I had to do daily because it would stop working) the lady at the front desk very rudely informed me that she did not know why I was in the room I was in, and that I would need to pack up my things and move rooms immediately since it was almost checkout time, otherwise I would need to pay an additional $30 a night to keep the room I had.

Well I can tell you exactly why I had the room I had, because the man at the front desk who checked me in was checking me out, if you know what I mean. But I don't think I should have to move rooms just because they checked me into a room that was more expensive than the one I reserved. I did not ask for that room. I didn't even realize it was more expensive - it had the same ammenities as my reservation. The only difference I could tell is it was on one of the "business" floors, which I didn't know until afterwards.

At the time I was at the front desk having this conversation about changing rooms I was on my way to a meeting and I did not have time to go and pack up all my things, so I agreed to pay the extra for that night. The next day I moved to another room but they still billed me the higher rate for the remainder of my trip. When I asked about this at check out, they said their rates were higher for those days and that there was a note in the system that I had been informed about this. (I had not been informed about this.) She explained that since this second room was not under my original reservation because I had been moved, I did not get the rate I would have gotten if I had booked that room online. I asked if this meant that midweek when I moved rooms because of their staff putting me in the wrong room, I should have checked out, made another online reservation and then checked in again... and she said yes, that is what I should have done to get the rate I originally reserved at. Honestly I didn't have the patience to argue with them about it, although I'm sure I could have gotten some money back if I complained to the general manager. I've just never had anyone say something so ridiculous to me when I'm giving them so much business. I stayed at that hotel for 7 nights, and I never will again.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank CanuckGal84
Reviewed 8 January 2008

I stayed here so as to avoid driving to the airport in a severe winter storm as I had an early morning flight. I thought it was a very comfortable hotel. The beds were awesome, hard to get up in the morning.The hotel has a nice lobby but the rooms are very plain and not exactly pretty, but when staying at an airport hotel I don't care about pretty.
The pool was clean and well maintained. The restaurant downstairs had great food but was slightly pricey.
I had no issues with this hotel and would stay here again:)

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled solo