“Rude and unwilling to help”

Pearson Hotel Conference Centre Toronto Airport
Ranked #126 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 25 December 2012

I had made a reservation online for a $69 (excluding tax) non-smoking queen bedroom. When I got there, I asked them if i would be able to check in at 11 and said that we would be leaving at 7 the next morning. I figured that since we were checking in 4 hours before check-in time and checking out 4 hours before check-out time, it would be ok. Unfortunately, hotel management said that they would still have to charge me for another half day, which was fine, I understand they have to maintain their check-in/-out times. But then she told me that for half a day, it would be $45 dollars, and it was because customer service, and not the hotel itself, had changed my reservations to a $90 king. I know they can change my reservations depending on availability, but honestly I don't understand why there was no notification system. So I called their reservations number and they transferred me to customer care, I was on hold for 50 minutes before being cut off. I called the reservations number again and the girl laughed at me when I told her that I had been cut off. Meanwhile, I show hotel management my confirmation email that stated $69, and she didn't even bother to help me, even after she admitted that she had the direct number to the customer care department. I was on hold for another 20, called a third time, on hold for another 30. I went to the desk to say that I wanted to cancel, and hotel management immediately said that she can't do anything for me and was rude as if I was pestering her. She said that if I made reservations on the phone, I have to cancel on the phone. Meanwhile she's telling us that she has direct access to customer care but she can give us the number if we really want to cancel. I wasn't making any trouble, she was just standing at the desk raising her voice at me.

I've come here a couple of times over the last couple of months and it was ok at first, but they have been lacking as of late.

They tend to ignore me when Caucasian customers (who come after me) are around the desk.

Someone from hotel management had accused my boyfriend of dealing drugs when he was just asking if they had a lighter at the desk.

I don't care about paying, I just don't understand why she was so unwilling to help. I really don't believe that each of the hotels don't have access to reservations that aren't made personally with them. And if that's really the case, then you should be helping me if you see that I'm having trouble.

I will never be coming here again, or to any of the other Days hotels. Your customer service is absolutely disgusting, as are your sheets and bedding which are always stained.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 November 2012

Reviewed 23 November 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2012

The room was clean and spacious, no complaints. The shuttle driver who picked us up from the airport was rude, late and lazy. The driver the next morning who dropped us off for our flight was the exact opposite, very helpful and courteous. SOME of the employees could use customer service training. Hotel itself is a great deal.