“Disgusting! Horrible Front Desk”

Pearson Hotel Conference Centre Toronto Airport
Ranked #126 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

The front desk staff was extremely rude, unprofessional. Took 30 minutes to check in, couldn't find our reservation, made us wait until they checked about 5 other people and didn't apologize. The rooms were absolutely filthy! Check out was terrible! No receipt was provided even when I asked. We were affected by the ice storm so this was a last minute hotel booking, never will go back! Don't understand how this place is still in business.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tymo13

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We were put in this hotel after our flight was cancelled, and the experience was not positive. As soon as walked in, we were badly treated by the staff.
Upon entering the room, we decided to check the sheets for cleanliness. Unsurprisingly, the sheets were disgusting. We found strands of hair all over the place.
We went to the lobby to complain, and to the lobby washroom afterwards. Again, they were poorly maintained and appeared as though they had not been watched in days.
We decided to switch hotels and go to the much nicer, and closer to the airport, Best Western Plus.
Overall, we has a terrible experience, and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank SebOntario
Reviewed 12 December 2013

The dining room and bar were closed due to renovations but rooms were very well appointed. Breakfast was only adequate but I assume this is because the kitchen was not operating with the renos. Would try again in the future.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Anna C
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel for personal reasons and my stay was amazing. staffs were friendly and very cooperative. rooms were big, clean and very nice! breakfast was good also. next time I would definitely stay at this location.

Room Tip: Very quiet hotel no matter which floor you stay
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Avis P
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Stay there for 3 nights just me and the wife and was charged twice for 2 extra people that they claimed stay in my room that had one bed.
The so-called free breakfast was toast and juice that was prepared by the manager without gloves or washing his hands.
I used one card to reserve the room and another to pay for it and they charge me on both cards and refused to refund it and the manager refused to come to the phone.
Don't go to this hotel it is the worst

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank nhigha
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I was booked into the Days Inn by Air Canada, which had cancelled a flight and caused a 24-delay in my itinerary. The room was shabby -- stains on the carpet and a broken toilet paper holder in the bathroom. Services were virtually non-existent. The buttons on the phone for "housekeeping," "restaurant', etc. were inoperative. Only the front desk was manned. The clock radio was broken. I asked the front desk for a replacement; I needed it because my watch battery had died. Since the clerk was the only person in the hotel on duty, she promised to find one for me, but never did. I repeated the effort with the new clerk the next morning: same lack of results.
Dinner (vouchered by Air Canada) was either "chicken and salad" or "chicken and fries." since I hadn't eaten all day, I asked for chicken with both salad and fries. I was told that was not available even if I paid extra. Fries were soggy when delivered. No room service was available for food. Continental breakfast was served, but tables were dirty and there were slops on the floor. Bananas were wooden and inedible. Plastic implements were so cheap that the knives wouldn't cut anything.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Theodore W
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed the long weekend at the Days Hotel knowing this location was near where we needed to go. It was advertised $104 a night, they ended up charging us an extra $15 a night saying they've been looking at the cameras and watching us, because there was 3 of us and not 2.
We arrived two hours earlier then check in and instead of a 'Hello how are you', we received 'come back at 3, you can't check in until then'. Most rude people I've ever encountered. Felt unwelcome and that we were a huge bother to stay at their hotel. Only nice woman was the cleaning lady.
We needed an extra towel, so we asked the person who was at the front desk. He asked what floor we were on and said cleaning staff will be there in 20 minutes you can wait. I wanted to shower immediately to catch the event we were going to. He rolled his eyes tried convincing us to wait and told us to 'stay put' and got us a towel, just held it out in front of him and didn't say a word when giving it to me. (Cleaning lady ended up being an hour)
To top if off at breakfast my bagel got stuck in the toaster and the man yelled at me, very unprofessional.
If you don't care about service then go here, but if you don't want to be treated rudely I would never recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2013