“A nightmare !!! Do Not Stay Here”

Pearson Hotel Conference Centre Toronto Airport
Ranked #118 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Kingston, Canada
“A nightmare !!! Do Not Stay Here”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Upon return from a family vacation, we missed our connecting flight, so West Jet sent us to this hotel for a 2 night stay since we could not get another flight until then. They also gave us food vouchers to use at the dinning room. So off we went to the location indicated for pick up for the hotels shuttle, and there we waited and waited and waited while all other hotel shuttles came and went numerous times...finally it arrived, we loaded our own luggage as no help was even offered. Got to hotel and checked in, I handed the front desk person my vouchers which showed 2 night stay and asked where the dinning room was as it was 11 pm and my family had not eaten. That's when he tells me there is no dinning room or food, but there would be breakfast in the morning and took 2 of our vouchers worth 60.00. Turned out to be dry cereal and toast with juice. Room was ok nothing to write home about bathroom wasn't as clean as it should be, but we were tired it was late and we had 6 people including kids. The next day after getting some rest we needed to get some supper so in order to use our vouchers we had to go back to the airport to use in a restaurant there. So we needed to get the shuttle oh joy here we go again.. We waited 35 min while the driver and front desk person argued about taking us, finally we were on our way made it back to the airport had a bite to eat and went looking for the shuttle amazingly only took 5 min. Got back to hotel went to go to our room only to find out we had been locked out of our rooms..so my husband went down to the front desk to get keys fixed while me and the kids sat in the hallway in front of our rooms. 10 min later he comes back up and tells us to come down to the lobby with him as they front desk person told him we were only suppose to stay 1 night and someone else was in our rooms... How was this possible when all our stuff was still on them.. He was very rude oh and did I forget to mention the front desk person was the same person who drove the shuttle. So when he is out picking people up at the airport you can't check in. So while he was ignoring us and talking to other people we called west jet and filled them in on the situation and told them we wanted to move and would not stay here any longer. They booked us at another hotel, I told the guy at front desk give me a key so I can get my stuff we were leaving, he gave me a key card alright he have me the master key to all the rooms.. Are you kidding me!! If I was staying at a hotel and knew they gave out a master key to anyone id be very upset, I could have opened anyone's room door.. I don't know how this place is still in business..4 other people came and ended up leaving without checking in just by hearing all the trouble we were having. If you have any sense you will stay somewhere else any where else.

Stayed February 2014
4 Thank Bridgerbunch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Ontario
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We stayed here for a park and fly on our way to Mexico... The rooms are nice and clean, but the service.... never again!...
They have very limited parking and one person thought he parked on the pool (hope not)... We asked for a shuttle at 4:15 am and he took our information and how many people (this was for a 6:30 flight with a 5 min drive, thought we had plenty of time with this). We arrived at the front desk at 4:10 and the shuttle already left. We were told it was full. So we asked for another shuttle right away and he said he wouldn't be back again for 40 min. That's unacceptable. If the shuttle is full then book another shuttle to pick up the overflow. When we came back, we were told to wait by pole S5 on ground level and call them when we get there... We were told again that they just left and it will be 25 min .... We waited 40 min and called again... Another couple waited for an hour and half before we were picked up. Never were we told that the shuttle had a different name on it... NOT IMPRESSED... We had to wait less time to land, taxi in and go through immigration and pick up luggage than to wait for a shuttle. When we arrived back at the hotel to pick up the truck, there was no one at the front desk to complain to... and there wasn't for the 7 min we were waiting for the truck to warm up. Also, when you call for a quote and they give you one, they never tell you until you get there that they charge you a 100.00 deposit... This should be clearly stated when booking... I stay at 5 diamond resorts and they don't charge you a deposit. Giving them a two rating is for the rooms...they are nicely decorated and clean...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KellyGirlOntario
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I travel a lot and am very easy going for the most part when it comes to hotels but I had an absolutely terrible experience at Days Inn (formerly Pearson Hotel). Staff are VERY rude and unhelpful, room and sheets were dirty, tub tap did not work, hallways and lobby are unkempt (dying plants, messy furniture etc). Internet does not work. Very unpleasant stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank ladyjazz12
Woodstock, Canada
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We stayed here before heading to Florida for a cruise. The rooms are nicely appointed and very clean. Staff was helpful and friendly. Unfortunately the restaurant and pool are still under renovation but we will definitely stay here again. They also offer a park and stay option that is close to park and fly prices.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sroeauthor
Mount Pearl, Canada
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We were booked in this hotel by Air Canada due to a flight delay. We were booked in a room on the 5th floor which had a non functioning TV. When I called down about it there answer was always I will be with you in 10 minutes. After 3 calls and no help I went to the front desk and asked to be moved to another room. This happened after 4 hours. This hotel also has no restaurant. The hotel took our vouchers for meals from Air Canada and said they would order us our meals. They went ahead and ordered food from Swiss Chalet and pizza without taking any orders from people. The food did show and they did not bother to call us it had arrived. Thus we handed them in a total of $64 in food vouchers from Air Canada and we received a cold 1/4 chicken dinner from Swiss Chalet and a medium pizza from Pizza Pizza. I had to drop down to the front desk again because of issues with the room, i.e. no alarm clock. I asked for a wake up call but we did not receive it. Luckily I had set the alarm on my cell phone.
Thus this hotel was complete nightmare and I would not recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Frank K
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My son and I just came back after spending 2 nights at the hotels. Our room was lovely. The carpet had not been vacuumed but the rest of the room was clean. When I arrived, they did not have my reservation. I booked through Hotels.com. It turned out that it was Hotels.com that made the mistake by not sending them the confirmation. The breakfast was interesting. The staff at the front desk was also responsible for the breakfast. I can not believe the mess people would leave, in the dining room. Occasionally the staff would come in to check what was needed but not clean up. Anyways we survived and the room didn't cost us much.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CathyN4
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

The front desk staff was extremely rude, unprofessional. Took 30 minutes to check in, couldn't find our reservation, made us wait until they checked about 5 other people and didn't apologize. The rooms were absolutely filthy! Check out was terrible! No receipt was provided even when I asked. We were affected by the ice storm so this was a last minute hotel booking, never will go back! Don't understand how this place is still in business.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tymo13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport
Comfort Inn Toronto Airport
#18 of 60 in Mississauga
Best Western Premier Toronto Airport Carlingview Hotel

Been to Pearson Hotel Conference Centre Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!