“OK for the money”

Ranked #118 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
michigan
“OK for the money”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This was a pit stop for us as we traveled to Montreal. The price was decent compared to other hotels and for only an overnight stay, it was ok. The reason I booked the hotel was because it had breakfast included, and the breakfast was your basic bagels, cereal, waffle, fruit, coffee, juice buffet. It fit our needs, we didn't have to pay for breakfast any place else. The overall dining area could have used some cleaning and livening up and the person who stood by the door at the buffet on his bluetooth could have wiped the tables and tidy up the place as guests left.

The overall cleanliness of the room was fine. We were on the first floor and that wasn't an issue. However, the toilet flushed very slowly. We dealt with it, and mentioned it to the manager as we checked out.

Upon arrival, there was only one person that was servicing the guests and he could have used a little lesson in manners. The check in and the check out was quick and efficient. There is a sign that says newly renovated, however I don't think so!

If you just want a place to stay as you are passing through and includes breakfast, this hotel is ok. Would I go back, probably not.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank duranie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The manager is one of the rudest managers i've encountered. Poor to no internet. dirty room. I showed up a 2:00 am. asked for late checkout. low occupancy. and the manager was unwilling to give added time. wife flying in at 3:30. manager said out by 12:00 no exception. I will never stay or recommend this hotel to anyone. To many other options with better customer support.

Room Tip: choose a different option.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank dolsen01
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We had to pay an extra for a sofa bed that we already had previously booked and we couldn't get any bedding for it. All we had was two pillows, a sheet and a blanket. The wifi did not work and the management were rude. worst hotel I have been so far.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Camille M
Reviewed 5 August 2014

No thanks. Not again. I would never recommend this hotel to any of my friends or neighbors. I booked through Expedia, entered the number of people staying in the room, booked a king and a sofa bed for three; one adult, two children, 16 & 17 as per the Expedia site. The hotel was previously a Days Hotel, sign is now covered. Desk staff told me I had to pay extra for the third person, even though I had paid in advance for the booking. Very rude and outrageous that I should have to pay extra. No other hotel, from Holiday Inns to Radisson, etc have ever charged me extra for a third or fourth person if the room has been book with the appropriate number of beds. Difficulty getting bedding for the sofa bed, bath tub was old and rusty. Really not a pleasant visit at all. Would never book again. Owner told me it was his hotel and I could go somewhere else at one point. Oh and breakfast consisted of toast and cereal, some fruit, they couldn't even both to put out the waffle mixture, even though they did feel the need to put the syrup out..

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Loreen I
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel is not worth it, wifi didn't work, staff is useless and got bad customer service, the location was awful I wasn't allowed to bring my continental breakfast plate to my room. Just don't. It's a cheap hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Joedagr8
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here for five nights in June and had a great experience, hotel was clean, fresh and modern, all the staff were very friendly and helpful, bedroom and bathroom lovely, very clean, chambermaids in every morning, really quiet at night, slept so well in the comfortable big bed! Breakfast was fantastic, buffet style, with great choice of cereals, yoghurts, fruit, fruit salad,bagels, hot toast and condiments, all plentiful and fresh. In our deal we had free breakfast, free airport shuttle, which was on time and a good help, also free local calls and use of the fitness centre The bus stop is right outside where one transfer ticket will cover you for both bus and subway downtown or to the lovely diverse neighbourhoods. A ten minute walk going left will take you to Schueys bar and grill which does lovely food until 11.00pm, it's relly good! Overall excellent hotel with a lovely relaxed atmosphere, couldn't fault anything, we loved it and we didn't want to leave! I don't know where these people writing the other reviews stayed but it couldn't have been here, some people are never happy and complain about anything, WE LOVED THIS PLACE! EXCELLENT HOTEL! Karen V and husband. Glasgow.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and it was lovely and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Karen V
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This hotel sucked. There is no bar, no food, wifi didn't work and the tv in my room also was on the blink. I will never stay here again and urge anyone considering staying here to spend a few more dollars.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Clinton M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport
Comfort Inn Toronto Airport
#18 of 60 in Mississauga
Best Western Premier Toronto Airport Carlingview Hotel

Been to Pearson Hotel Conference Centre Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!