“Awesome crepes and friendly service”
Review of Cafe Mania

Cafe Mania
Ranked #4,923 of 8,575 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Canadian
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Small cafe on Yonge Street in downtown Toronto.
Burlington, Ontario
“Awesome crepes and friendly service”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

On the the final day of the Groupon, my husband and I finally made it in for dinner. By dinner I mean tasty tasty dessert crepes! We were greeted on arrival, brought our menus, drink orders taken, and funny anecdotes were told to us about a woman begging to extend the Groupon promo value by one day.

I ordered the Heaven and Back and husband ordered the Ultra Mania. Yum yum yum. Fresh blueberries, marscarpone and almonds were topped with cinnamon and so tasty. Husbands Nutella, banana, strawberry, nut, ice cream fiesta was decadent.

With a crepe place just round the corner from my office, we'll be back. I'm glad they did the Groupon as it was a chance to try somewhere new and we were really happy with our experience. And it was all topped of by our server's sincere gratitude for a decent tip. Really nice people work at Cafe Mania which makes all the difference.

• Visited April 2012

Toronto
“Little crepe cafe with great potential...”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I used the groupon here the last time i was here.
There weren't too many seats available in the cafe. No more than 10 tables i would say.
Service was average, it can take awhile for your order to arrive. They dont' seem to write down the orders but instead memorize it. I was actually afraid they would have messed up our order.
A great selection on crepes/waffles on the menu with the strawberry/banana being my favourite crepe.

Last time i was there, i had $25 worth of Groupon voucher to use. So we ordered a strawberry covered ice cream waffle, a nutella crepe, coffee and a tea.
ya, that was just way too much food especially right after dinner too.
The portion of one of their crepes or waffles is actually big enough for 2 ppl to share.
So don't order that much if you don't want to leave this place like you just came out of some buffet...

• Visited February 2012
“Average food, uncooked vegetables”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We used a groupon deal here and found it was average. The crepes had very little filling, service was slow. The vegetables in the crepes weren't cooked, and mushrooms were raw. Using the groupon and getting food at half price was an okay deal but a Subway or another sandwich place might be a better value. Decor was nice and the atmosphere was good.

Salvador, BA
“Delicious crepe in Toronto”
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I really enjoy this nice, cozy and small place. Be sure to try the pesto sauce crepe. The tuna crepe and the banana/chocolate crepe are delicious!
If you are not much hungry, try sharing it! ;)

• Visited December 2011
Toronto
“It's just okay”
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I found the service to be quite slow. I've eaten there twice now and it hasn't grown on me. It's not such a novel idea anymore since locations like this are popping up in malls all over. The price is a bit high for the amount of filling and or ice cream provided in the desserts. Quality is good though. Worst part, I actually saw a mouse scurry from the back room to behind the seating at the rear if the restaurant ..... Ewwwww!

• Visited April 2011