“The Best Waffles this side of the Atlantic”
Review of Cafe Mania

Cafe Mania
Ranked #5,095 of 8,996 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Canadian
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Small cafe on Yonge Street in downtown Toronto.
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I had the waffles with fruit today and I haven't had such tasty waffles since I vacationed in the Netherlands.

1  Thank OntGary1

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We were looking for a nice little cafe to pop into for some coffee and dessert on a Saturday evening in October 2013. We were walking down Younge St. when we happened to stumble upon this cafe. One look in the window and we both decided this looked like a nice place to be. There was a small group of about 4 students seated in the back, and we too were seated by who we guess to be the owner of the cafe. He was incredibly friendly and welcoming - he gave us menus and let us be for a few minutes while we decided what we wanted to eat. He came back to check on us and was incredibly quick in taking our order and getting it back to us. We ordered a couple of cappuccinos and the "Darling Mania" waffle (with apples, carmel sauce and vanilla ice cream). The waffle was delicious and the cappuccinos were perfectly made. The menu had a great variety of choices for waffles, crepes, teas and coffees, and the atmosphere was very relaxed and laid-back. I would definitely visit this cafe again, and would recommend anybody looking for a place to kick back with a coffee, tea or dessert check out Cafe Mania.

2  Thank anywherebuthere04
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I walked up in the morning I feel to have sweet with couple of café. I run across this small nice place. The interior is a good atmosphere. I was seated by waiter. I was surprised that small place to greated customers very goodly. I had great service and so delicious crepes which I never had such a good.

1  Thank kendalo z
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I walked up Yonge St. looking for something that sounded good. I ran across this litte place as I was about to settle for a burger. The interior is a bit retro and very cozy. I was seated by the person I surmised to be the owner and he was also my waiter. The menu had a very nice variety of crepes. I got a crepe that included asparagus that was prepared very well. The prices were very good and the service was more than competent. In all, I found this to be a very good place for dinner serving something a little out of the ordinary at a good price.

2  Thank Debbie K
Reviewed 18 April 2012

On the the final day of the Groupon, my husband and I finally made it in for dinner. By dinner I mean tasty tasty dessert crepes! We were greeted on arrival, brought our menus, drink orders taken, and funny anecdotes were told to us about a woman begging to extend the Groupon promo value by one day.

I ordered the Heaven and Back and husband ordered the Ultra Mania. Yum yum yum. Fresh blueberries, marscarpone and almonds were topped with cinnamon and so tasty. Husbands Nutella, banana, strawberry, nut, ice cream fiesta was decadent.

With a crepe place just round the corner from my office, we'll be back. I'm glad they did the Groupon as it was a chance to try somewhere new and we were really happy with our experience. And it was all topped of by our server's sincere gratitude for a decent tip. Really nice people work at Cafe Mania which makes all the difference.

1  Thank edemec

Been to Cafe Mania? Share your experiences!