“Best B&B i stay at”
Review of Downtown Home Inn

Downtown Home Inn
Ranked #9 of 118 Toronto B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I stay in a couple of B&B in Toronto but this one is the best. Great food in the morning, access to the kitchen if needed during the day. Beverages available all day long. The place is like a new one, good renovations, comfortable bed. The rooms are big enough if you are alone or two people, there is cable tv in each room. The place is near of many restaurants, bars, etc. and only 5 minutes walking from a subway station. When i stay there was an event in the park just beside the hotel, but at around 10-11pm everything stop and it was really quiet. When you are in your room, you don't hear people inside the hotel, pretty quiet. I recommend it to anybody staying in Toronto, cause you have everything you want for a very affordable price!

Room Tip: third floor is the best
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
46  Thank ProntoPrimo

Reviewed 25 August 2011

From reading the last post, I must say that its unfortunate that they felt that way. Do your RESEARCH FIRST! It's not on a dead end street, its next to a main street in downtown, 2 blocks from metro and is one of the first houses. its a ONE WAY street but not a dead end street. Its walking distance to many restaurants and local attractions, I even walked to Kensington Market in 20 min:)! I was amazed when I arrived and felt at home. The shared bathroom wasn't a problem b/c it was never occupied, was very clean, and was next to my room. The rooms are affordable and the complimentary breakfast, juice, and tea was more than I expected. How many hosts do you find that invest in healthy food items to share with you FOR FREE? The house was extremely quiet and the beds FEELS SOOO GOOOOODDD!!! OMG, i could have laid in the bed forever, that's how amazing it felt. I slept like a baby! it's set up like a modern, newly renovated Brownstone. I loved it!

All I can say is, if your looking for a cheaper alternative that in my opinion is more comfy than a hotel and feels like home, this is the place! If you love the city, walking to nearby attractions, and don't mind sharing communal areas with other people who are never there, this is the place for you too! I loved it and will stay here EVERY TIME I come to Toronto!!! Purely Awesome!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
50  Thank kjohnson1913
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights while we visited our children and grandchildren. The facility was on a small dead end side street. The interior had been renovated and was very well done. The rooms were nice, The fixtures had been chosen with great care and were very attractive. The breakfast area was well designed and the food selection was varied and high quality. The bathroom for the rooms were shared which was not a problem although somewhat inconvenient. The issue that was ultimately of supreme importance was the location. It was in a very trendy area which was nice. The real problem was the noise. One two nights there were events that were a street fair with very loud music and an outdoor movie that was shown in a park directly adjacent to the building. The sound system was very loud as well. Our first night there there was a band in another part of the park. There were also guests at the facility that entered and exited as late/early as 3 am. On none of our nights there did we have anywhere near a good nights sleep. It was a strange mixed experience for us. The facility was of high quality but the noise from various events and happenings were awful. We left Toronto exhausted. Certainly a large portion of the problem was beyond the control of the innkeeper. If you are considering staying here I would recommend asking about any events that would happen during your stay. Our experience wa only for 4 nights so I do not know if this is typical or average. We will not stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
264  Thank Turtledreams
Bargu, Manager at Downtown Home Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2011

We usually inform our guests before any big event scheduled in our neighborhood and it is obvious that I personally forgotten this time therefore I apologize.

There are 2 big events in our neighborhood which are, late June and mid August.

Reviewed 16 August 2011

A good place to stay. Comfortable and convenient. The host is charming and available, but only when you need him to be. In fact, with its well-stocked help-yourself breakfast set up, and relatively small number of rooms, it feels more like your own home (albeit a simple, clean, modern one with magical linen and cleaning service) than the typical over-decorated B&B with hovering and over-solicitous hosts. Surprisingly quiet for being just a few yards from the heart of the Church-Wellesley village. And really reasonably priced. I'd come back.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have either a dramatic city view or a large private deck.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
81  Thank Balatjr
Reviewed 9 July 2011

Maybe I should not say this, because all rooms might be booked and none left for me next time :-) But honestly: It was really better than any hotel, very clean and a relaxed atmoshere like at home. Unal is a very good host, discreet but always there if you need some help or advice. You also meet very interesting and friendly people at breakfast. The house is located in the center with all kinds of shops and public transport nearby - but it is also very quiet at night. When I come next time to TO - there is no alternative to the Downtown Home Inn. Michael

Room Tip: all rooms are nice, but those on the upper floor are bigger and provide mor daylight
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
48  Thank mmarx60
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Our room was cleaned and the breakfast was more than substential. We really enjoyed our stay at Downtownhomeinn.
We recommend this accommodation for everyone!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
43  Thank nooraa91
Reviewed 26 June 2011

I love the room from the very start. It is tastefully decorated. It is in one of the best location, 2 blocks away from the train station or you can just walk around the city! I met some wonderful people over breakfast and it has a very relaxing atmosphere. Beautiful neighborhood, nice restaurants. Next time I'm in the City, i will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo