“One of the best”
Review of Downtown Home Inn

Downtown Home Inn
Ranked #9 of 118 Toronto B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Easily one of the cleanest, friendliest and loveliest bed and breakfast place in TO, I've been to many b&b places all over Canada, but this is hands down the best in the given price range, the breakfast was great (gluten-free cereal ftw, surprised why many b&b place's don't have many g-f options besides fruit), bathrooms were really clean and so was the bedroom also at a great location (easy access to subway) and walk-able distance from downtown, also great people, wish I could have stayed longer then a day. Next time I'm in TO, def coming back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 April 2014

It was my first stay in Canada and I did not know what expect. I attended a conference in the center of Toronto and was happy to find out that Downtown Home Inn is in walking-distance to the most important must-see places. It is in a nice house, well furnished, warm (which was important during freeeezing Winter), with a delicious breakfast. Even the lack of bathroom in my room was not a problem. James was a great host, he helped me a lot in my troubles (lost luggage), he gave me his adapter as I forgot mine, and recommended places worth visiting. I would definitely reccommend the place to stay for anyone who likes family atmoshpere, good food and location. Last but not least, the price is affordable! Hope to visit again some day in future!

Room Tip: Acacia Room was nice, but it lacked bathroom in the room, so I would recommend one of the rooms on t...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Paweł L
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I have been here for five nights for a conference in Toronto, is a great place the room are exactly as described, clean and recently refurbished. The manager is nice, available and very kind. Breakfast is abundant!
Highly encourage this choice!

Room Tip: Check out the virtual tour on the B&B website is great to choose the kind of room you are lookin...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Filippo D
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The bnb is in a great location near lots of bars and what have you. Everyone else that was staying there was really friendly - and this made the stay very enjoyable. My one minor quibble is that I had to go upstairs to the bathroom - so though I would stay again - I would stay in a different room.

Room Tip: Try and choose one of the ones upstairs!
Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I'd stayed at Down Town Home Inn for about 3 weeks this January&February upon my initial arrival to Toronto. Got to know the place at my previous short visit and really like it. The manager and his colleague are both very helpful, friendly and nice guys, giving not only tourist recommendations but as well insightful tips for me on how to find an apartment and get my life in Canada started. The B&B itself is always clean and tidy and has a very nice atmosphere. I had to extend my stay because I only later found a flat than originally anticipated, which was not a problem and easily handled (because it was winter/not fully booked) - otherwise they would have helped me to find another place. For a stay of even this length (3 weeks) it was affordable and since the B&B has a kitchen with everything, I did not miss anything. Beside, the area (Church&Wellesley) has a lot of places to go out, restaurants, cafe etc. - lively place.

All in all - great experience - and a place I will recommend to all visitors I'm expecting during my 2 years in Toronto, both friends and family as well as visiting colleagues.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank rike_mw
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I met up with a friend in Toronto and we stayed at The Downtown Home Inn. It feels like home, not like a B&B. It's clean, has great style and friendly atmosphere. The self-serve breakfast was great, I could cook my own eggs. My room was comfortable, my friends room was great also. James did more than we could ask for, getting us a local parking permit at the last minute was just one of them. Most of the people I met there were repeat guests, or long term guests. It's that kind of place. See you next time I'm in Toronto. Thank You James.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 February 2014

After much hunting online for accommodation in Toronto during december I came accross the Downtown Home Inn. I was very pleased with my choice when I arrived, it was very spacious and well laid out. I had my own room, bathroom and lounge area all very clean and well presented.
Despite the cold setting in outside the rooms were all warm and comfy, the other guests very pleasant and easy to chat to. The owner (James) was very nice and helpful with local information and was good host, providing a great breakfast and recommendations for eating out.
It is situated very close to town and the shops and provides and great base to explore the city, I would recommend anyone to stay here. As I will do again next time I visit, its a thumbs up from me. :-)

Room Tip: I chose the small apartment which was great for space and privacy etc, but would have been happy in...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo