“Excellent Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Carisma

Carisma
Reserve with OpenTable
Carisma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 8,434 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Edmonton, Canada
“Excellent Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

My wife and I were visiting Toronto for the weekend and wanted a nice evening out..

Food was superb, service was polite, timely, courteous. Easy recommendation.

• Visited August 2014

• Korean first
Barbados
“Not up to its billing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I must say I was disappointed with the overall experience. It is an attractive venue just one block from King and Yonge so a great location. The venue itself is attractive and well appointed. Menu and wine list very good and attentive staff. So why the 'average' review. First the service was a bit rushed. I hate having my first course served while we're just in the middle of a cocktail. if you offer a cocktail, please get the timing right and don't rush. Second we ordered a wonderful Bisteca Florentina and as my wife does not like rare meat we ordered it medium. It was served less well cooked than medium rare and we had to send some slices back to be recooked. My daughter and I like medium rare but I must say that it was more rare than medium rare and as a result the meat was cool. The appetizers (3 different) were good but not great. We were offered a cheese plate to 'help finish the wine' which we really like and frequently order so that was great. So overall not a bad experience but given its ratings on OpenTable and Zagat I must say it did not meet these. I may go back but it will not be a first choice.

• Visited July 2014
Huntersville, North Carolina
“Cucina italiana originale!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

After reading the reviews I decided to come over here for lunch. This place is very close to the office I have been going to in Toronto. I went for lunch and it was surprised with the amount of people actually dining in there. The place is chic, you are welcomed by truly italian employees where you literally begin your trip to Italy without leaving Toronto.

Everything is fantastic beginning with the super fresh bread with olive oil and a hint of salt. I had the gnocchi quattro formaggi and it was absolutely fantastic! The gnocchi is so fresh and tasty that it melts on your mouth! For dessert I had the chocolate lava cake and it was excellent as well.

The service and food couldn't be better, hence that's the reason for the certificate of excellence and happy customers! And I am going back there again for lunch today!

• Visited June 2014
Hamilton, Bermuda
“Exquisite Dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We had lunch with friends earlier this week and had a fabulous meal. There were 5 of us and each had something different and everyone raved about the food and the wine selection. This is a new location for the restaurant, but same owners and same quality of food. Highly recommended.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank BDAHiFlyer
Owen Sound, Canada
“Well Worth the Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Visited on Monday evening and found it excellent. I guess anytime you spend 2 1/2 hours enjoying a meal, you know it was excellent. We were welcomed and offered a nice big table for the 4 of us. Waiters were very attentive without being in your face. Food was excellent; perfect portions, great choices and great flavours. Wine selection was excellent. All in all a very enjoyable experience.

Visited July 2014