“Wonderful stay”

Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square
Ranked #3 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights whilst in Canada for a wedding. The hotel is smart, beautifully decorated and the service is exceptional. The staff were unfailingly polite helpful and seemed genuinely interested and friendly. Rooms were spacious and attractive. Wonderful big showers and bathroom.
The location is central. Beneath the hotel is a huge supermarket where one can buy food to bring into the hotel. Unusually the hotel actually brings this to your attention!

The bride and groom actually stayed one night (prior to the wedding) at very late notice and the staff prepared a little welcoming treat for them in their room.
We enjoyed it so much we stayed a further night before leaving Canada and found exactly the same hospitable treatment.
Lounge with tea and coffee available free all day.
Small but decent gym.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Esse10

Reviewed 9 January 2012

Hello all,

I just had to do a little write up about the Hotel Le Germain located in Toronto beside the Air Canada Centre where the Toronto Maple Leafs Play.

The rooms have a modern feel and very comfortable. I did not want to get out of the bed I slept in, in fact I actually pulled the sheets to look of the brand of mattress so that I could order one! But to my dismay it's their own brand. The shower is located in the middle of the room, using wooden blinds to cover the glass for privacy. Ultra modern vanity look as well and private toilet area.

The view I had was of the CN tower. At night the view it colourful with the CN tower glowing and the lights from the buildings in the surrounding area, not to mention the crowds of people walking to and from the arena. Did I mention that the access to the arena is actually inside? You do not have to worry about any coats or warm clothing, just what ever you would wear to go out in.

The rest of the room is layered with modern touches, such as lighting, entertainment and artwork. Unless you have updated your own home to this style, you will feel a sense of extra comfort in sense.

The service from the front desk is second to none, anything I asked for or needed was met with total satisfaction and came with a warm feel, I mean it did not feel rehearsed. I used Valet parking, it was very easy and very quick, I felt totally comfortable in handing my keys the gentleman.

I would like to thank the concierge Evan for your service and to the hotel itself.
It's definitely a five star hotel.

Ben Oke

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the CN tower and a higher floor for the view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ben O
MDHenderson, Director of Front Office at Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2012

Hi Ben O,

We’re honoured to have inspired you to have posted your first review on TripAdvisor. I hope it’s one of many positive experiences you share with your fellow travellers.

I noted your comment about the desire to learn more about our beds: while they are produced especially for us, they are available for purchase online through Boutique Germain, or of course, you can always reach out to me directly.

Finally, I thank you for commending Evan’s work. I’ll be sure that he sees your kudos.

Thanks again for the positive words, and the whole team here looks forward to welcoming you back.

Have a great day,

Murray Henderson
Director of Front Office

Reviewed 8 January 2012

"Location, Location Location." Thats what you look for in real estate. And that was the primary reason I chose to stay with "Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square". Had a friend visit from NY for a couple of days. Personally I live in Markham. However, all our planned sights were in the Downtown area (not to mention front row tickets to a Leafs game at the Air Canada Centre). So why not stay at DT hotel instead of driving down everyday??

Did my homework, and found the ACC, CN tower (360 restaurant), Nathan Philips Square to be on the doorsteps of "Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square". Clubs, Entertainment District and the ScotiaBank Theatre were all accessible with $10 taxi rides.

Sure I could had stayed with the Royal York, but I personally prefer a hotel with a modern decor. Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square equal sharp and crisp! Make sure you book the Maple Leaf Square location not the one on Mercer Street.

I must commend their concierge, Gregory! He went above and beyond. Literally planned our whole trip from beginning to end. Presented us with the history of Toronto. Recommended sights to see. Made all our lunch & dinner reservations. Make sure you ask for him!

We stayed with the hotel in December, our exploits included: front row tickets to Leafs game, skating at Nathan Philips Square under Christmas lights, Niagara Falls at dusk, dinner at 360 & Ki Modern Japanese + Bar & Sheraton Hotel over looking Niagara Falls.

Regarding the hotel. Slight problem with the wireless internet in our room. Thankfully, the front desk address the issue promptly and professionally. Loved their breakfast, it's not your typical continental breakfast. You will be pleasantly surprised. All their staff are courteous and professional!

I look forward to staying with them again!

Room Tip: If you are looking for a nice view. Book a Deluxe Room. Apparently Superior Rooms face business offi...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Samuel K
Reviewed 7 January 2012

There are so many good reviews here, I don't need to repeat really. One thing I would say is that I found it pretty disappointing we had to struggle out of a taxi and wrangle our suitcases into the front door without any help.
That was the main 3 star experience we had. The rest was excellent. We found that in Canada, no one ever helps arrival so I guess it is cultural?

• Stayed: October 2011

Dear Tvhav,

Thank you so much for your positive review. I’m glad that you enjoyed your experience at Hôtel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square.

I appreciate your feedback about our bell service. Given our proximity to the entrance of the Air Canada Centre, managing the service at the front door can be quite a challenge. It is something that we constantly monitor in an effort to ensure that there is a doorman to greet every single visitor.

Thanks for staying with us,

Murray Henderson
Director of Front Office

Reviewed 2 January 2012

I really have nothing negative to say about this place. We stayed New Year's Eve. This is a new and modern hotel that did pretty much everything right. Very close (walking) to Union station.
Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: view towards CN Tower, better on upper floors
Reviewed 27 December 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 6 days of 'touristing' just before Christmas, having chosen it for its Trip Advisor 'No. 1 hotel in Toronto' status... You're a discerning bunch out there in TA land..!

For tourists coming from Europe, it's an excellent choice. We arrived at Pearson Airport and jumped on the Airport Express coach, which stops outside the Fairmont Hotel, which is about 200 yards away from the Le Germain. The hotel is right next to the Air Canada Centre, where the Toronto ice hockey and basketball teams play, and also 50 yards from Union Station, from where you can get to everywhere... It is also only a short walk to the Lake front and the ferry over to the Toronto islands, to the CN Tower and to the Steam Whistle micro brewery, which has a splendid tour, accompanied by its product...:))

We had a standard room with a view of the CN Tower, which was very clean, comfortable and well laid out with all the amenities you would expect and a splendid walk-in shower with a 'rainfall' shower head, which led to some rather over-long showering! An additional facility is the complimentary coffee and tea station on the second floor, which is availble 24 hours a day to guests.

As we were being tourists, some local knowledge was very helpful and the concierge team at the Le Germain are brilliant. Susan sorted out our day trip to the Niagara Falls, which was great fun, and was a mine of information on all the other daft questions we asked her.

If we ever return to Toronto, there is no doubt that this is where we will stay.

Room Tip: CN Tower view rooms are worth having.
2  Thank scud24
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Hotel Le Germain is a beautiful hotel and the service is wonderful. Staff are friendly and helpful.
Although we did not get a "welcome amenity" with our VIP code, we did get a wonderful upgrade to a one bedroom suite with a wrap around balcony (too bad it was so cold that day). The continental breakfast that was included in the price of the room was well appointed. Lots of cheese, smoked salmon, breads, pastries and great coffee. Parking is a bit of a rip ($35.00), but there is a parking garage across the Square that I believe is only $18 per day.
Would totally go back here (although I am afraid I would be disappointed in a regular room after experiencing the amazing Suite we had)!

Room Tip: Rooms with wraparound balconies have a great view and tons of light (although they are a bit drafty...
1  Thank pickering4