Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square
  • Breakfast included
US$264
US$253
1,330 results
All reviewsair canada centreunion stationcn towerround bedreal sports barmolton brown toiletriesrain showernespresso machinerogers centreglass showerconcierge teammodern hotelhockey gamehard boiled eggscontinental breakfastoffice buildingyogurt
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Really loved this hotel. Small, unobtrusive lobby. The lobby was always very quiet when were passed through. We arrived early on the train (11:00 am). The hotel is steps from Union Station so arriving by train is very convenient. Since we were quite early, our room wasn't ready, which we expected. We had 1:00 tickets to the Blue Jays game just a few blocks away, so we changed in the lobby washrooms and went to lunch and then the game.

We checked in when we returned and were offered a complimentary upgrade from a luxury two queen room to a one bedroom suite. We had our daughter with us so they promptly offered a rollaway as the one bed room suite had a king. Of course we accepted! I booked through travelocity and thought that booking through third parties like that meant upgrades never happened...but it did. Yay!

The room was beautiful- huge and brilliantly laid out. The way the bedroom was laid out, there was no window in the room- we have never slept so well! It was cool and dark and the bed was one of the most comfortable we have ever slept in. All the furniture, fixtures, etc were top notch and showed no signs of wear. We loved having a living room and dining table and even had room to invite friends over. The bathroom was completely fabulous- huge shower, huge bathtub, three robes, slippers, Molton Brown toiletries. There was a second bathroom off the living room. There were two huge 40 inch tvs. The room was completely spotless. It felt like we were the first people staying in it!

Breakfast was nice. There was a card in the room where you could order the complimentary continental breakfast to your room. There were no prices, only a note at the bottom stating that a fee for delivery would be added to the hotel bill. I checked off a variety of items, willing to pay a delivery fee for a complimentary breakfast. When it arrived, however, it arrived with an $80.00+ fee...$20.00 per breakfast (x 3) and a $20 + fee/gratuity. Oops. Needless to say, we had our second breakfast in the beautiful lounge. For free. Same breakfast.

Every staff person we encountered was lovely, helpful, gracious and welcoming. I like hotels and have stayed in many in Toronto and sometimes, at high end hotels, the staff are snobby and condescending....not in the least bit here. Really warm, and obviously love their job. The staff tweeted about a Canada Day late checkout offer, till 4 pm on the holiday Monday, we delightedly took advantage of. What a fantastic surprise!

I have stayed at the other Le Germain and remember loving it as well. It was a toss up for this stay between the new Trump and this hotel - SO SO glad this was the one. Had a magnificent weekend, mostly because of the beautiful room and excellent service.

Room Tip: We faced inside, towards an office building. A bit boring if a view matters. Room 819 is a very large suite. No window in bedroom, allowing for late sleep ins!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank strfdtravllr
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Dear strfdtravllr,

I’m glad that we contributed to your excellent Canada Day weekend. It was certainly an exciting time to be in Toronto. We figured that with all of the events taking place in the city, a late check-out might be needed!

Stay tuned for more Tweets throughout the summer.

You hit the nail on the head with your comment on the suite. It’s one of the quietest places in the entire downtown to fall asleep -- definitely ideal for someone who appreciates a cocoon!

We hope to see you again during your next trip to Toronto.

Best,

Murray Henderson
Director of Rooms Division

Reviewed 30 June 2012

I have stayed at Le Germain over the past few years on all my business trips to Toronto. My most recent trip was in January 2012 and it was my first time staying at the new Maple Leaf Square location which I found superior to Mercer Street. As expected, the room was immaculate and tastefully decorated in a modern style. Off all the hotels I've stayed, the Germain group probably has the best layout/floor plan which really makes for a comfortable and unique stay. I love the granny smith apples throughout the hotel as well, a nice touch.

Room Tip: The ironing board is a little hard to find...it should be on the right hand side of the TV in a cupboard.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Forbesa
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I found the Hotel Le Germain on tripadvisor after having my flight home cancelled. I called, found the receptionist lovely and helpful, and made a reservation. I had no bags -- I had only planned to be in Toronto for the day -- and, on arrival at the hotel, the receptionist put together a complete toiletry package for me. I asked for a quiet room, and my room was indeed very quiet. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the shower luxurious, with great water pressure. Sometimes a hotel with modern decor can come across as more Ikea than one might like, but this hotel did it right. Everything feels well-made. The hotel is ideally located for taking advantage of the sports and entertainment options in Toronto, and close to the lake. The free breakfast is delicious and substantive. All in all, an excellent, friendly hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank virginiamom66
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Le Germain Maple Leaf Square is a far superior hotel to its sister hotel in Mercer Street.

It's very well located and only a short walk to the convention centre. The hotel is new, clean and contemporary.

We stayed in a balcony suite for a room rate of around $500 + taxes for two nights during the week. The suite was large, extremely comfortable and well appointed. Plenty of hanging space but only one built in luggage rack - hence portable one had to be set up in the living space for our second bag.

The balcony was a reasonable size but as it only looked directly onto the adjoining buildings we found that we didn't use it.

Large light filled bathroom and free standing tub. Additional powder room was also a welcome feature.

The bedroom was compact but perfectly adequate. Loved the Tolomeo lights and the Tivoli radio. Good bedding. Large lounge and dining area with a coffee machine. Turn down service. Good complementary WiFi.

I like the sustainability efforts that Le Germain implement including the provision of good quality (Molton Brown) large refillable bottles of shampoo/conditioner etc. They also provide a filtered water system on each floor that allows the guest to refill a glass flask with water as required.

My only complaint about the room was that it was impossible to shut out the flickering light from the billboard TV screen across the road that played until midnight. I would suggest that management swap out the sheer curtaining for block out curtains in the bedroom. This room already had a set of brown out and sheer blinds.

The light filled breakfast room is beautifully designed, however, the continental breakfast was even more lack lustre than its sister hotel up the road. Poor quality soggy croissants, no berries in the cut fruit offering and sweaty/curling slices of cheese/ham. This just isn't good enough for a hotel of this quality - so management should really address this issue. Think Paris not Pittsburgh.

Thankfully there were no games on at the adjacent stadium during our stay so I can't comment on any acoustic issues with the surrounding neighbourhood. We didn't have any trouble with noise.

We would return to Le Germain Maple Leaf Square next time we are in Toronto.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Elysia
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Le Germain is simply a phenomenal hotel. The hotel itself is modern, beautiful and sleek. We had a superior king room, and the bed was literally the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. There are bedside buttons allowing u to control the lighting, and also a button for privacy, no need for cards hanging on the door, a red light turns on the front door with a press of the button. The bathroom and glass shower is super sexy. The service is exceptional, every staff member greeting you and trying to be helpful for anything and everything you need. For instance, I asked the concierge to borrow a lighter or matches, he didn't have one on him, so he contacted someone else at the hotel, and then went to the 4th floor somewhere and got one for me! I even told him to forget it I don't want him to go to such trouble, but he insisted. The level of service is seriously impeccable. I've stayed in some really nice hotels and resorts, and Le Germain is seriously one of the best hotels I've stayed in.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank murtuzak
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Hi murtuzak,

Thank you very much for the kind words – and pictures too. I’m really glad that you enjoyed both the rooms and the service our staff provided. That’s our ultimate goal and it’s great to know that we achieved it.

I will definitely share your comments with everyone here.

We will look forward to welcoming you back next time you have the opportunity to visit Toronto.

Murray Henderson