“Highly recommended”

Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square
Ranked #4 of 135 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Just spent 2 nights at this boutique hotel in downtown Toronto. Overall experience was excellent. The staff were friendly and always helpful, including the front desk, the concierge, the valet parking and the bar. When I had called to book the reservation I mentioned briefly that it was my wife's birthday and, when we arrived in our room, there was a lovely note from the concierge along with a piece of cake and chocolate truffles for her! The room itself was lovely, with a comfortable king-size bed, high-tech lighting and sound, waterfall shower, and Nespresso coffee. Everything you need is there: filtered water and green apples in the hallways, corkscrew / bottle opener in the room, cream for the coffee in the mini bar, ear plugs by the bed, etc. They were also very accommodating in providing us with a late checkout when we wanted to delay our departure due to inclement weather back home - 'no problem'. I would definitely stay here again when visiting Toronto.

Room Tip: Rooms can be a bit noisy due to traffic and construction in the area -- inquire with staff when book...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kgilbert001
MDHenderson, Director of Rooms Division at Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear kgilbert001,

I’m very glad we were able to help you and your wife to enjoy her birthday celebration. We truly enjoy making our guests’ days happier, and it’s great to know which details you appreciated.

Now that we’re into winter, we’ll double our efforts to brighten each day.

Thanks for sharing,

Director of Rooms Division

Write a ReviewReviews (1,292)

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed at the Germain in November and it was wonderful. I was already a fan of the Mercer property, having stayed a lot there for work, but this was a nice change of pace. The location near the CN tower, Air Canada Center, Aquarium and other attractions made for a wonderful trip, as I was rediscovering the city with the eyes of a tourist. I even went up the CN tower!

My room had a dreamy king size bead with wonderful linen (I am a linen aficionado). The room decor has a clean, modern feel, with lots of different material like wood and concrete. The view of the CN Tower was wonderful at night. I loved the in-room coffee machine, minibar and flat-screen tv.

The bathroom is where I had the most fun, making good use of the rain shower in the morning AND evening. There is also plenty of room to unpack, but since I was only staying for a couple of nights, I didn't really use the built-in storage units.

The staff was super nice and friendly, especially the breakfast crew. Breakfast buffet was ok, more of the same continental fare that Germain group is known for. Tasty and fresh, but nothing out of the ordinary. Coffee was excellent!

I also love how there are no "Do not disturb" signs. Instead, there is a switch in the room and a light pops on near the door. Red is for Privacy, green for room cleaning. How nice!

I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor facing CN Tower.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I am just about to check out following a five day stay here. I was here on business and the hotel is chosen because of its proximity to the office; we got lucky on the office location as this hotel really is very very good.

The room I was in (6th floor) was very spacious and overlooked the CN Tower which for a tourist is pretty cool - especially at night when it lights up. The bedroom is decked out very well - very big and comfortable bed - had very good sleep here. There's a tv, radio (which the cleaners always tune in for you), mini bar, free wifi etc etc

The shower is sort of in the middle of the room - and is a glass structure with rainforest shower and Moulton Brown cosmetics (very nice!). Two decent sized wardrobes and an iron / ironing board too.

There is a gym - it's not very big so you have to time it right but there's two running machines, a bike and two cross trainers along with some weights. So when you're on the wrong time zone like me you can get down there at 5.30am and enjoy a good work out.

Hotel bar is good and the service attentive. I didn't eat in there but there looked to be some good bar food available.

The concierge was very helpful in sorting me a ticket to go and watch the Toronto Raptors baseball team so I would recommend using them if you want anything sorted whilst you are there.

The hotel is very close to the Air Canada centre, Rogers Centres, CN Tower, Ripley's Aquarium and the waterfront and doesn't appear to be too far away from the big shopping centre either.

Breakfast is a relaxed affair - after staying 5 days I was a little bored of the choice as it didn't change at all - there's porridge, pastries, yoghurt, fruit, bread, meat and cheese - so plenty of it but it didn't change. That's the only downside to what has been a very very good stay.

Room Tip: Try and get one high up as lots of building work going on and get one facing the CN Tower
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear TerriLondon,

We’re glad you enjoyed stay with us.

Having a 24/h fitness room definitely ensures our guests can work out whenever they have energy, particularly during off-peak hours. Who knew time travel could be so convenient!

I’ve passed your feedback regarding our breakfast onto the kitchen team. Thanks.

We hope to see you again next time you’re in Toronto.

Regards,

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We were in the city to see a Leafs game and chose this hotel based on reviews and location.
Our expectations were greatly exceeded! The rooms were so elegant yet modern. The bed was super comfy, great amenities and don't even get me started in the bathrooms! Sexiest shower ever!
The complex includes everything you need, restaurants, LCBO, grocery store and walkway to the ACC so you don't have to even go outside which is nice in bad weather.
The real stars are the staff. Marc at the front desk was so welcoming. He found us a room with a great view of the CN tower. He was helpful, pleasant and genuinely friendly. So thanks Marc!
I know where we will be staying next time we are in Toronto!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel is perfectly situated in the heart of Toronto. Walking distance to most of Toronto's attractions and landmarks make it a perfect choice for out of towners. We had a beautiful view of the needle from our room. The hotel sits about 100 feet from the front door of the stadium. The included breakfast is great with an assortment of breads, fruits, veggies and hot drinks that are far superior than anything from starbucks. The room is very modern with sleek wood finish and bittons everywhere. The only gripes I had was that I consider myself knowledgeable with tech, but never figured out how to get the blinds to go up and down. Also, I wish hotels would abandon the concept of having windows to the bathroom. Even though you have blinds, its still not as private as I would have liked. Overall though, the room, location and service were great.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ivan B

Dear Ivan B,

Thank you for sharing the experience you had at our hotel. With all of the high-tech features in the room, we may have led you astray: our blinds are operated the old fashioned way.

Regarding the shower, we do have rooms with a more traditional bathroom layout. Please don’t hesitate to mention your preference next time you’re staying with us. We’d be happy to oblige, and make a note for future stays at all of our properties.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

This hotel is within walking distance to the convention center and is right next door, I mean next to the Maple Leaf Square. The rooms are elegant and have nice amenities, the glass walled shower is a nice touch. On the ground floor is a market where you can buy snacks and water. This is very nice when all you want is a light meal and don't feel like going out into the weather.

Room Tip: If there is a game at the arena, ask for a room not facing the square. It can get quite loud.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Great stay at Le Germain Maple Leaf Square. Everything was wonderful during our stay. Although we arrived early we were able to check into our room. The room was very comfortable and decorated with great taste. Loved the quality of the amenities in the room as well. The concierge was also very helpful booking us a reservation at a great restaurant and recommended a nice spot for lunch as well. The location is great and we will go back for sure!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple